Topic poll

“Which one”

• IMVE 36 votes
    71%
  • Original 15 votes
    29%

(51 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 6 years ago

There are two Ironmans available. The original is fully leded and is a routed pin but immaculate. Guy wants $4495. Or there is another guy that is selling an IMVE with extra ramps (the ones on the machine are warped from the factory so the guy received replacement ramps) machine is HUO with receipt. Machine is two months old he's asking $5K. The guy put a deposit down for MMR and need sto get rid of one machine.

This is in Canadian dollars. IMVE retails here for $5590 + taxes (13%).

#3 6 years ago

I just picked up. A VE from the playdium store in Toronto yesterday.

I had to make the same decision. They had an original routed in their showroom.
Or a NIB VE.

I went with the new VE. (4 years newer)

Metallic sideart that looks amazing.
Better (looks thicker)clearcoat.
Better moulded figures.
(Looks to be higher rez art as well)
Led low voltage DMD display.
Factory Leds.
And new code for the VE for the lightshow settings, adjustable coil strength etc.
Angeled DMD so less glare on glass. Decal around DMD.

I basically think it should be called the Iron Man LE, not VE

It is just overall better than the original. I my opinion anyway

It is the same game, gameplay wise. But 4 years newer (less wear)
And the other upgrades made it a much easier decision.

Unless you can get the original for $4000 or less I would say get the 2 month old VE for $5000.

Because you are getting a two month old pin with far less plays/wear and tear that has upgrades, still under warranty. For $500 more than a 4 year old routed pin.

#4 6 years ago

Lots of open threads on this already. .....but for the extra $500' I'd grab the VE

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I just picked up. A VE from the playdium store in Toronto yesterday.
I had to make the same decision. They had an original routed in their showroom.
Or a NIB VE.
I went with the new VE. (4 years newer)
Metallic sideart that looks amazing.
Better (looks thicker)clearcoat.
Better moulded figures.
(Looks to be higher rez art as well)
Led low voltage DMD display.
Factory Leds.
And new code for the VE for the lightshow settings, adjustable coil strength etc.
Angeled DMD so less glare on glass. Decal around DMD.
I basically think it should be called the Iron Man LE, not VE
It is just overall better than the original. I my opinion anyway
It is the same game, gameplay wise. But 4 years newer (less wear)
And the other upgrades made it a much easier decision.

Metallic side art is awesome. Clearcoat is not better...some VEs may be better, but some originals may be better. Random. WORSE molded figures, but chest light in monger is nice. Higher rez translight and cab art on VE, but not noticeable unless you're close. Better color saturation and blacks on original. New cabinet head design and decal around DMD is a downgrade IMO. I don't like how it looks. Stock LEDs are crap and LED lightshows are neutered on the VE (especially the slow pulse effects on the flashers). Same gameplay. VE is newer. It's a toss up...get the cheaper one.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Lots of open threads on this already. .....but for the extra $500' I'd grab the VE

Yeah I know.... I just wanted my own little poll I guess... sorry for being so self centered he he he. But if this pans out I`ll be very excited. Jarvis makes the entire game for me. I just love the sound package of this game.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Yeah I know.... I just wanted my own little poll I guess... sorry for being so self centered he he he. But if this pans out I`ll be very excited. Jarvis makes the entire game for me. I just love the sound package of this game.

Lol. I hear ya. You'll be happy either way. Such an awesome game! You can't beat the decals though, I smirk every time I walk by mine.

#8 6 years ago

Jarvis makes the entire game for me.

Good news: he's in both versions.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Metallic side art is awesome. Clearcoat is not better...some VEs may be better, but some originals may be better. Random. WORSE molded figures, but chest light in monger is nice. Higher rez translight and cab art on VE, but not noticeable unless you're close. Better color saturation and blacks on original. New cabinet head design and decal around DMD is a downgrade IMO. I don't like how it looks. Stock LEDs are crap and LED lightshows are neutered on the VE (especially the slow pulse effects on the flashers). Same gameplay. VE is newer. It's a toss up...get the cheaper one.

I honestly agree with everything you said. Well, I like a bright game in my GIs. All my colored inserts get colored LEDs though.

#10 6 years ago

I wouldn't hold any value in the "extra ramps" if the originals are warped. If that is the case then the ramps in the game hold little no value as they are bad. So that means an Original for $4500 or a VE for $5K. You need to ask yourself a couple of questions:

- do you prefer the old cab design or the new design? This is the major deciding factor.
- I've seen a lot of original IM's with playfield registration issues, poor clear with the hints of planking already starting. How is the PF on the original?
- Any repairs done on the original? If so, how was it done. Route machines seems to have a higher chance of having not so good of repairs done (hacks).

Based off the above you should have your answer.

If it were me and the games were both in about the same condition I would go for the Original. Just because I prefer the old cab design better and I'd rather have the same game with with $500 in my pocket too.

#11 6 years ago

This is just great. I have a line on a IMVE and my boss brings us into a meeting this morning and announces to the division that there will be job cuts and that my team is affected. Will only know who gets the ax in 2 weeks time...... I thought my only stress was to figure how to ship the game home..now I have to stress to see if I will have to sell my games outright....

#12 6 years ago

This is just great. I have a line on a IMVE and my boss brings us into a meeting this morning and announces to the division that there will be job cuts and that my team is affected. Will only know who gets the ax in 2 weeks time...... I thought my only stress was to figure how to ship the game home..now I have to stress to see if I will have to sell my games outright....

That sucks...sorry to hear.

#13 6 years ago

Will only know who gets the ax in 2 weeks time......

Ugh, that's brutal. Just went through the same thing at my company. Major swing in resources, blah blah blah. We had to wait for 8 weeks though. Yay corporate 'murica.

-Wes

#14 6 years ago

Yeah, when I got here 4 years ago there was 10K employees....by the end of the year they will have laid off close to 30% of their workforce. On the up note..the seller knows I want the game and is not in a hurry to sell so he gave me the time to make sure I kept my job.

1 week later
#15 6 years ago

Good news.... I kept my job....bad news...the IMVE guy doesn't return my phone calls ARRAHGHG**@!#!

#16 6 years ago

The routed game should be cheaper, $4000 or less. Would make your decision easier I suppose. If it's really "immaculate" I'd save the dough. Remember you'll "lose" $500 or so just for opening your box on the new one.

Why just accept the $4500 price on the routed game? Most sellers have wiggle room and that guy isn't gonna get $4500 for his routed Iron Man (unless you give it to him), not with the bottom falling out on that title.

#17 6 years ago

I would go with the original version. I like the square gold speaker panels and I have customized my own LED's to make it pop more. It also has real lockdown latch. As for the price I would try and negotiate a little better and show him some recent sales to justify. Routed IM-$3500-$3800 otherwise go with HUO. Good luck either way.

#18 6 years ago

My money would be on IMVE, if the extra $500 is within your budget...

#19 6 years ago

it is but the damn dude has gone rogue.

#20 6 years ago

If I have read enough about remakes I believe a VE version is the original maker started production again on a pin they previously made. So everything is the same except maybe upgrades like LED's. I would most certainly go with the VE NIB.

Good to to read you have your job, for sure. Sorry about the VE guy not responding.

#21 6 years ago

Talk about Karma, sent the guy a text this morning turns out he was on vacation. Scheduled pick up in two weeks.....14 days is a long time to wait.

#22 6 years ago

Talk about Karma, sent the guy a text this morning turns out he was on vacation. Scheduled pick up in two weeks.....14 days is a long time to wait.

I'm not sure how karma figures into this?

#23 6 years ago

Buy the first reasonably priced one you find in the condition you want. If anyone claims that one is better than the other they are basing it off the cosmetics, pure and simple. Or maybe they have a NiB bias. All fine, but provided the game is in good condition, the gameplay is the same....and will kick your ass.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Buy the first reasonably priced one you find in the condition you want. If anyone claims that one is better than the other they are basing it off the cosmetics, pure and simple. Or maybe they have a NiB bias. All fine, but provided the game is in good condition, the gameplay is the same....and will kick your ass.

Difference between 15,000 plays and 350 plays must be considered as well.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm not sure how karma figures into this?

True - it's ironic. Like rain on your wedding day.

#26 6 years ago

15k plays on IM is about two weeks worth!

Like I said, condition is king. Mine has LOTS of plays. It's HUO and I'm the third or fourth owner. It came all the way across the country. At least once. You'd think I unboxed it yesterday, only it looks better because it's all brass (full lollipop), with CT backbox LED kit, shaker, support rails, lock down bar, etc. etc. etc. lots of reasons to say "mine is better" than a NiB Vault. But it's in the eye of the beholder. Always.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside