Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Buzz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

I have been itching for Game #10 This is a mile stone. I will stay with a 10 game line up. If something new comes out later like Jurassic park or Monster Bash Remake I will sell off a game to make room. But as for now I need some help making up my mind. What is my collection missing? It's not only for me I would like to have a great selection of games for my guests. Please let me know what you think my last game (for now) should be and why.

Current Line up:

Dialed in LE
    MMRLE
    AFMRLE
    SPIDERMAN VE
    TWD PREMIUM
    GHOSTBUSTERS PREMIUM
    THE HOBBIT GOLD SMAUG
    WOZ RUBY RED
    STAR WARS LE
    ?

Thank you valued and trusted community of Pinside.

#2 6 years ago

How about an EM? Show your guests what early pinball was like.

#3 6 years ago

Why not the original JP? Too old? Decent game. Besides, right now your collection consists entirely of games spelled with capital letters and Jurassic would be a nice change of pace.
    Kidding!

#4 6 years ago

Metallica Premium

#5 6 years ago

Oh great, you made another poll!

#6 6 years ago

You need to venture outside something made in the past 3 years. An EM would give you some street cred.

#7 6 years ago

You have a monster lineup already and an em would be cool, but if you want to keep it over the top, I'd say a Houdini is the only thing missing

#8 6 years ago

What about getting a roulette wheel and filling each spot with a different choice that we(pinside) chose and just spinning the wheel. That would be fun.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

Current Line up:

Dialed in LE
    MMRLE
    AFMRLE
    SPIDERMAN VE
    TWD PREMIUM
    GHOSTBUSTERS PREMIUM
    THE HOBBIT GOLD SMAUG
    WOZ RUBY RED
    STAR WARS LE
    ?

Thank you valued and trusted community of Pinside.

I am not sure how a line up like that does not have a BM66SLE?

#10 6 years ago

On the short list is
    Aliens
    Houdini
    Metallica Premium
    Not sure what else I'm missing?

Tried the EM's although fun The family and friends seem to be more new school. Had POTC and TSPP and they felt those pins were dated.

Thank you for everyone's help.

#11 6 years ago

It seems you have enough Sterns already. I would go for an Alien. MET is a great pin though. I didn't like the Hobbit, so I would sell that and get two new games. Early 90's pins are worth checking out for sure, but we all have different tastes.

#12 6 years ago

I like Alien and now that Coin Taker is standing behind the product makes me feel more comfortable dealing with a new overseas company with a few known issues. Just had a very dark playfield. Perhaps some new lighting would help as the LCD screens and the sound is great.

#13 6 years ago

Had POTC and TSPP and they felt those pins were dated.

#14 6 years ago

People said that about WOZ and most every pin. I have never felt that way personally. Any choice is good

#15 6 years ago

I know. TSPP was a hard one to let go. If I ever decide to go to a 20 pin line up TSPP will come back to my collection.

#16 6 years ago

BUZZ great line up. WWF game gets alot of crap out there never played one before whats your take?

#17 6 years ago

I would personally add tron but I am so dang biased. On that game.

Other games besides tron are good ideas. I like the E M potential, I would also be not happy if I did not have a game like centaur or perhaps gorgar.

But again. Tron. Which is another stern. Sorry to not add better variety.

But the game is pinball ecstasy.

#18 6 years ago

See it's hypnotic effect.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#19 6 years ago

Ahhhhh want to touch it.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

Ahhhhh want to touch it.

#21 6 years ago

Ok yes much better analogy.

#22 6 years ago

IMO a great game that is different in style than most you already own...

- Tron
    - Iron Man
    - Aerosmith Premium/LE
    - Creature From the Black Lagoon

Any of the above.

#23 6 years ago

Definitely missing a music pin.

#24 6 years ago

Maybe a game with simpler rules and shorter ball times. It helps to have one of these for when you have just a little bit of time and want to get in a quick game or when you have friends over and want to play multiplayer games without waiting forever between turns. I'd recommend 80's SS (F-14, High Speed, etc) or if you must have something newer, look into Total Nuclear Annihilation. FYI, with an LED upgrade, new rubbers/silicones, and a simple playfield cleaning an 80's SS game will sit fine right next to the newest machines. Good luck with whatever you choose.

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from Crile1:

Maybe a game with simpler rules and shorter ball times. It helps to have one of these for when you have just a little bit of time and want to get in a quick game or when you have friends over and want to play multiplayer games without waiting forever between turns. I'd recommend 80's SS (F-14, High Speed, etc) or if you must have something newer, look into Total Nuclear Annihilation. FYI, with an LED upgrade, new rubbers/silicones, and a simple playfield cleaning an 80's SS game will sit fine right next to the newest machines. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Agree on tna. And the color screen will keep it looking "modern".

#26 6 years ago

Does your wife or significant other know how much these cost?

#27 6 years ago

Wait a minute are you telling me there is a different meaning for TNA?

Sorry had to do it.

#28 6 years ago

Tna for sure....

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

Wait a minute are you telling me there is a different meaning for TNA?
    Sorry had to do it.

Total nipple annihilation?

#30 6 years ago

Not sure the wife would let me add that one to the line up.

#31 6 years ago

Yes, TNA for sure. Brand new pin with short ball times and a useful pop bumper. It's about freaking time, hope there are many more pins like this soon!
    Otherwise I would say Metallica.

#32 6 years ago

TnA is the OBVIOUS real choice.

Your collection is 100% new stuff, but honestly you seem to like variety amongst the new stuff (both Sterns and JJP and CGC).

You like light shows and sounds and bling.

TnA will be a very differnet style of play but checks all the main boxes for your colleciton.

The benefit is that TnA will also likely open your world to the fun of pins beyond the most recent 3 years.

#33 6 years ago

Great tip. I will look into TNA. Thank you.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

Great tip. I will look into TNA. Thank you.

I suggest watching the stream from last week. It will give you the best idea of the game.

#35 6 years ago

Ok I'll be the Debbie downer in this thread regarding TNA. Is it really worth 6k? Don't get me wrong, it looks fun but 6k?

#36 6 years ago

#37 6 years ago

I think the best 2 modern pins you're missing are Metallica Premium and Iron Man VE. Game of Thrones LE is excellent as well. Since you have no music pins I'd give a slight edge to Metallica.

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from mesmashu:

Ok I'll be the Debbie downer in this thread regarding TNA. Is it really worth 6k? Don't get me wrong, it looks fun but 6k?

I guess it depends for each person on where they put their idea of value.

For me an over 150 other people in the past week, it obviously does.

I think without debate it offers:
    Best light show of all time
    Best audio package of all time
    Classic Bally style ruleset and difficulty to master with updated speed and immersion of theme
    Obvious and approacable ruleset for even the novice but high replatability for even the pro
    Great game for playing alone or in a multipalyer
    High quality construction and LOTS for the cost (LED alphanumeric and also animation screen, awesome speakers, high quality pf and cab construsction, innovative RGB total light package with great light show, etc...)

If you just mean based on the shear amount of stuff. It has WAY more in it costwise than even a SternLE.

#39 6 years ago

Good grief we have almost the same exact machines. I would recommend either Monster Bash or Circus Voltaire. I have both and they are a lot of fun. MB plays pretty similar to AFM or MM and Circus is just a fun and very colorful game. As others have said, Houdini seems to be promising as well. How do you like your Spiderman VE? I'm thinking about getting one.

#40 6 years ago

Another vote for TNA. You need a throwback pin in your collection. All your pins are new within the last few years, and TNA will fit that aspect, plus all the other stuff whysnow said. There are 2 Deadflip streams you can watch. The older one is of the whitewood original machine that Scott built, the newest one is the first prototype machine that Spooky built. There's something to be said about the original design and it's charm, and might give you a deeper appreciation of the Spooky production machine.

#41 6 years ago

TNA, Metallica, alien..... Tough choice as you don't have a music pin or an old bally (TNA has the vibe but as a speedy modern take). If I had to make this decision i'd struggle too.

#42 6 years ago

Love Spider man VE. I think it is a great game fun & fast. I liked the videos on Houdini a lot. Where MB would be a complete no brainer just waiting to see if it will be remade by CGC. Only for the whole interactive topper and newer display.

What can I say we have Great Taste!!
    Awesome collection you have me beat by a few.

#43 6 years ago

If I had the funds, I would go with Alien/Aliens. That game looks awesome.

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I guess it depends for each person on where they put their idea of value.

It does look fast, furious and fun. I get it... Spooky probably had to slap on 1k per machine to justify building it. It's cool people want to support new designers, but if Stern had built this game asking 6k I get the feeling there'd be mass uproar and they'd have people with torches and pitchforks outside their factory.

#45 6 years ago

If Stern were making the game, the version you're getting for $6k would be the LE. Start stripping things away and sure you might end up with a cheaper game; but it wouldn't be the same game.

OP, IMHO you're missing a lot, but you seem pretty set on only modern games from 2013 onward. Perhaps look at some of the other 90s era stuff with color DMDs. You seem to like "toys" so maybe a Twilight Zone, Jurassic Park, The Shadow, Congo, etc. If you want something a bit more simple maybe a Fish Tales or Bram Stoker's Dracula. Like others have said though Total Nuclear Annihilation would also be a great pick. It give you that 80s feel with many of the modern upgrades. I personally have room for six machines and my ideal lineup is 1 Modern, 2 90s DMD, 1 Early SS, 1 EM, plus a rotating spot that could be anything. I think that gives me a good variety.

#46 6 years ago

Joker Poker or Eight Ball Deluxe

#47 6 years ago

IMO, wait until you come across a pin that you are blown away with and grab that.

#48 6 years ago

You need an Iron Man or a Tron. (more Borg)
    They are shorter, faster games with straightforward rule sets - not marathons like some of your other games... If you look hard enough, you will be able to find either a NIB IM VE or a low use IM VE. Tron would be a little harder to find, but seems like $$ isn't much of a barrier for you, so go for it...

#49 6 years ago

Simple...TZ all the way. Definitely different than any of the others.

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from mesmashu:

but if Stern had built this game asking 6k

pretty sure you would be getting a VASTLY different game if Stern had built it and tried to sell it for 5400.

No sound box or upgraded speaker system. Would have been standard Stern light show, pro would not have had the spinner, would not have a real backglass, would not have custom siderails, would have had a sling removed form the reactor, etc... It is silly to think that Stern woudl have made it the same way and if they did this would be the premium model for $6800.

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-choose-game-10-in-my-line-up?hl=backyardace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.