• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

a0cff8795993516d7352388e22b962435cbab949 (resized).jpg
gwaxt_wcs_ts_(resized).jpg
WCS_TS_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bwilson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 7 years ago

The Shadow all day.

I own both and I've only had WCS94 for a few years and it's already worn out its welcome to some extent. I've been thinking about selling...and picking up a MET. BUT... I still hold on to WCS because it's a great game for family and friends and that's the main reason I keep it around. After you've made it to the World Cup finals for the 100th time it just doesn't give me that rush it used to have. It's a great game that I don't have to take real serious but still get enjoyment from.

The Shadow beats my ass down on a regular basis but I find that it's a much more engaging machine to play. Incredible flow... it's probably my favorite game to loop and combo on... if you get that 7 way combo call meh! The wizard mode is fairly difficult to get.. I've been LITZ a hundred times over but I only get to the final battle every so often... and the closest I've ever been to completing the final battle was one shot away. I've heard of it taking players years to complete this mode. I could go on but I really think The Shadow has some of the greatest rules ever for this era... they're not real deep but not shallow either and what it lacks in depth it makes up for in difficulty. This is a keeper for me.

They're two really different machine and you should choose the one that best fits the way you like to play pinball...

#30 7 years ago

The parts for The Shadow are somewhat limited. I would say the diverter assembly (left or right) is about impossible to find. The gun handle for the plunger good freaking luck. The plastic phurba daggers sold my first born child. Mantis has some great replacements for the ramp entrances.. those are usually busted up. The rings are hard to find but I've heard they are on the slate to be repo'd but I've never seen them for sale.
I would definitely check those diverter assemblies... I've seen cases where the damn things were welded to the machine...total PITA.
The divot or the compressing wood that you find above the magnet area is another issue that is really common. It's honestly an easy fix but 95% of the games out there have some kind of wear in this area. You'll have to make a judgement call on that but if the magnet has come through the playfield that might be some serious repair work. The mini playfield can be a little turd as well... I would make sure the optos for the mini playfield are working as well as the pop up targets... some of those parts can be hard to find.

WCS94 this game is pretty straight forward mechanically. The ramps, soccer ball, plastics are usually what get banged up in this game. The plastics and the ramps might be a little hard to come by but this machine has never given me any real problems and it's a fairly straight forward game to work on. You might make sure the motors for the soccer ball and goalie work as the should as those are fairly costly to replace... Check the diverter on the left ramp and make sure it works properly and holds properly. Alot of them have damage on the ramps because the diverter chewed through it. I've seen cases of gimpy diverters that would hold for a few minutes then basically flap around or not even hold at all.

I probably missed a few things here but those are the major things off the top of my head.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Actually you can buy the ramps brand new for $165 a set.

Nice! Who has these?... I know a guy that could use a new set someone did a really bad weld job.

EDIT-- I should have mentioned the wireform ramps... if these are the ramp entrances I think that would be mantis.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

3,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bwilson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-choose-between-world-cup-soccer-and-the-shadow?tu=Bwilson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.