(Topic ID: 170007)

Help me buy my first pin?

By Fezmid

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_16591 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ZNET.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from Newman911:

I live in South (New) Jersey
    the only place around me that really has a decent selection of Pins to play (according to pinballmap.com)
    is
    Berlin Farmers Market
    41 Clementon Rd
    Berlin, NJ, 08009
    expanding my search to either down the jersey shore, or into philadelphia yields a few more options
    My wife is on board with me making this purchase as i rarely buy anything for myself, and the kids im sure would enjoy anything they are 4 and 5.
    I'd be happy with any advice or assistance i can get.
    thank you all

Welcome to the hobby. I offer my help. I too live in southern NJ. You are welcome to visit my basement gameroom and play 30+ games, representing virtually every era of pinball (plus some EM Sega, Kasco arcade games as well). There are nearby Pinsiders whose collections fill in the gaps in mine, because I have gradually shifted my interest towards electromechanical games. Don't rule out EMs. Well tuned EM games can equal or exceed the fun factor of solid state games. Also, dozens of good EM titles sell for under $1,000. There are techs in our area if you can't repair the game, although many fixes are easy. I can introduce you to the DMD game collectors so that you can play those games or just search Pinside for the New Jersey and Philadelphia member clubs. I have been in the hobby for about 30 years. It's more popular now than recent memory. Feel free to send me a private message with your contact information.

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from Newman911:

@ZNET
    you can count on a PM tomorrow - as soon as my 24 hour ban on sending PMs (created my account late last night)
    Ill do my best to keep my mind open towards all Pins, but i think i'm predisposed towards DMD
    i appreciate all the info everyone has already provided
    thank you

I just sent you a private message with my cell number and I'll await your call, text or PM. You mention the Berlin Farmer's Market in your post. Coincidentally, the operator of the Berlin Farmer's Market arcade is my longtime friend. He was at my house last night, helping me work on some games.

Also, you indicate that you hated WOZ after a few games. I have a WOZECLE, which will allow you to dedicate more time on it. You may still dislike the game; however, you will have afforded the game sufficient time to make a meaningful assessment.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ZNET.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-buy-my-first-pin?tu=ZNET and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.