• Aerosmith pro 11 votes
    18%

(61 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

surfsup (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Hi,

looking for fun pinball and really fun for all the familiy , i ve three possibilities :

Aerosmith pro HUO (5000)
Potc jjp (8700) standard
Batman 66 (8300) premium

What should i buy and is it really fun to add a shaker ?

Thanks

Or waiting for munsters or wait wait

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from beastmaster1981:

Hi,
looking for fun pinball and really fun for all the familiy , i ve three possibilities :
Aerosmith pro HUO (5000)
Potc jjp (8700) standard
Batman 66 (8300) premium
Thanks

Probably should wait on Munsters and yes a shaker adds alot of fun to a pinball machine. Also dont forget about games like AFMR, MMR, and MBR. Those are three great games with easy to follow rules.

#3 5 years ago

Thanks, think the chicago gaming are very expensive in France MMR is 9750 euros
Munsters yes hope a great game is coming

#4 5 years ago

Of those three, I own BM66 and love it. JJPOTC is super fun as well and the price closer to BM66 than here. If your kids love POTC, that seems like a good call. Aerosmith is best bang for your buck, or I mean Euro...

#5 5 years ago

I haven’t played JJPotC but from owning Woz RR and DI LE I have no regret. I *really* don’t care for Aerosmith or BM66 (meh). I’m much bigger fan of AFM remake if you don’t have already or maybe MB remake. I know zero about Munsters so I’d pass or wait on that.

#6 5 years ago

Hi,
Aerosmith pro HUO (5000)
Potc jjp (8700) standard
Batman 66 (8300) premium
Thanks

Pirates looks to be one of the best home use only pins ever created, especially for a small lineup. Lots of features, deep ruleset, lots of diversity, cool layout, family friendly theme, great sound, it’s the total package.

BM66 is way overpriced; you’re telling me BM66 is only $500 less than a JJPOTC? that’s a no brainer - Pirates all the way. BM66 is fun now that it has Lyman’s magic fairy code dust, but it feels more like a stern pro. You get much much more with Pirates for only $500 more.

As for Aerosmith; it’s fun for a few games but theme, rules, sound, and overall gameplay get old quick in a home environment; at least it did for me.

#7 5 years ago

To me Aerosmith isn't a family theme and if you are spending the money necessary for a BM66 definitely get a JJPOTC. The build difference between the two is night and day.

#8 5 years ago

I really like Stern and was kind of satisfied with 9 Stern pins (many heavy hitters) but since buying two JJP and AFM LE its really gonna take something special for me to shell out $7-8k for a Stern pin. I played Maiden Premium thinking tgat might have what it takes but I was not overly impressed.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I really like Stern and was kind of satisfied with 9 Stern pins (many heavy hitters) but since buying two JJP and AFM LE its really gonna take something special for me to shell out $7-8k for a Stern pin.

Luckily 5 of those 9 didn't cost you anywhere near 7K.
EDIT: Sorry, 7 of the 9?

Hi,

Of those give JJP Pirates a shot, Lots going on for the fam to enjoy. Aerosmith didn;t impres me too much and the animations, when compared to a JJP game, are horrendous.

Ahven't played any BM66 and really don;t have much interest to.

#10 5 years ago

The Shadow.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Luckily 5 of those 9 didn't cost you anywhere near 7K.

I really love Stern pins especially pro.

STLE was great but I didn’t think it was worth $8k that I sold it for.

Tron - IM -Metallica -TWD $46-4700 that’s quite a fair value.

When I look at Woz and DI both LE I can see why they cost $8k+ same for AFM LE.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

STLE was great but I didn’t think it was worth $8k that I sold it for.

Yeah I don't get why people say that's such a great edition. I'd be all over pro on that one.

#13 5 years ago

You should buy what you think is fun. Everybody likes different pins for all sorts of reasons. You should do what you can to get out and play the ones you're considering somewhere and make a decision based on that.

Same goes for shakers. Do you like them? Have you played games with them?

#14 5 years ago

JJP standard probably comes with a shaker so there's that. Is a shaker worth the $100 the cost...I'm sure it's real cool thing to a kid so give it a shot.

#15 5 years ago

I think Batman 66 is a super fun game that's pretty straight forward, but with nice depth. The humour of the show transfers well to the machine. It's cool to see the goofy clips while playing

surfsup (resized).jpgsurfsup (resized).jpg
#16 5 years ago

Only played BM66 a few times. Is that rotisserie area fun or meh? It takes up a lot of real estate. I had TotAN never cared for spinning lamp mech nor Avengers cube it seems like BM66 has one too.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Only played BM a few times. Is that rotisserie area fun or meh? It takes up a lot of real estate.

I think the pros are it offers easy targets to get modes started and more challenging shots during modes. The cons are two of the three rotation faces feel too similar. The Joker face and the batphone face are basically giant center targets, but during the modes (the bulk of the game) it offers two fun standup targets with a mini rotisserie to shoot through. The unknown is how well it will hold up over the years. But it's certainly a novel feature and looks cool in action.

It's good not great on Batman 66. I think the potential is high if they can find a better layout to feature it in with more variety on the three different faces.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I think the potential is high if they can find a better layout to feature it in with more variety on the three different faces.

It would be nice with a mini orbit, kickback or something (I don’t know what).

I was playing Maiden and they have that jump ramp to hit a target(?). I was so disappointed because of what LotR had accomplished in that regard that it was a huuuge letdown to see a target(?) meh city.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It would be nice with a mini orbit or something (I don’t know what).
I was playing Maiden and they have that jump ramp to hit a target(?). I was so disappointed because of what LotR had accomplished in that regard that it was a huuuge letdown to see a target(?) meh city.

Call outs, display, and rules knowledge is what makes that jump ramp target unique and fun. It’s basically a 1x, 2x, 3x shot multiplier target. Add a playfield multiplier and it can be very fun and lucrative setting up a big shot and cash in rather than just flailing it up there. It has many uses, but my favorite is the super mummy jackpot which has a custom call out depending on the Shot (from 1x to 6x).

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was so disappointed because of what LotR had accomplished in that regard that it was a huuuge letdown to see a target(?) meh city.

So you just wanted to due another pass through shot behind the backstop that's been done a few times by them? Again?

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It would be nice with a mini orbit or something (I don’t know what).

It would be cool if one rotation would open up different shots for an upper flipper or something. Just make the playfield more dynamic feeling. I think the way Batman 66's playfield is so dynamic makes it more interesting than a lot of other recent designs.

Also I agree kinda about Iron Maiden. The bullseye is a cool idea, but the novelty wears off fast because I don't feel like I can really aim for the bullseye. I aim for the ramp and it hits what it hits.

#22 5 years ago

My 2 cents. (2 pence) MMR or JJPOTC for a one machine lineup.

#23 5 years ago

OK,My choice now would be to get a Deadpool,LE!!!!

#24 5 years ago

Pick up a HUO Batman 66 for under 7k, sell it next year for a minimal loss and pickup a pirates on the cheap when the next JJP game comes out. Plus, you'll have full code for it by then... although truth be told it already looks pretty much done! I'm having way more fun than I imagined I would with Batman... and couldn't care less about the theme. Pirates is definitely high on my list, just not at NIB asking price.

#25 5 years ago

For the family I'd sit tight for now and get a Monster Bash remake.

#26 5 years ago

Have you considered Wizard of Oz ?

My whole family plays it, guests love it and I love it (a lot !)

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Have you considered Wizard of Oz ?
My whole family plays it, guests love it and I love it (a lot !)

Oz is fantastic

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

My 2 cents. (2 pence) MMR or JJPOTC for a one machine lineup.

Yea, potc looks like it should have alot to do and would make a good family pin, mmr would also be fantastic - not the best game for deep rules but its a crowd pleaser for sure.

The other two, I dont think would be good choices

#29 5 years ago

Of the three games you listed I think Aerosmith is the best game but you want a theme the whole family will enjoy so I would go with Batman 66.

#30 5 years ago

Of your 3 choices... my vote JJP's PoTC

#31 5 years ago

Why are people telling you to wait for munsters???? No one has even seen the pin yet!

#32 5 years ago

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all these interesting answers. It's really difficult to choose and lot of money

For the AFM i have a RFM and love it so i ll not go to this one.

MMR i really think about it but too expansive in France and no aftermarket yet

I think of Woz and can habe one for 7200 euros (March 2018) with the new led system, it could be a good idea ?

Thankssss

#33 5 years ago

I also had lot of fun on a ghostbuster LE machine. Is the pro also good ? The price of the LE is too high

#34 5 years ago

I'm a pro buyer but for me the GB Prem is the only way to go... Much better IMO

#35 5 years ago

Woz

If you haven’t seen this explanation of the rules is very informative.

#36 5 years ago

Thnaks for the woz video, looks awesome game
still not in love with the theme but i have to try it

#37 5 years ago

Thnaks for the woz video, looks awesome game
still not in love with the theme but i have to try it

Ahhh the theme ! I love the Wizard of Oz movie, so I'm definitely biased on that one, I would probably still have bought this game if it wasn't that good just for the theme.

But if you're allergic to the main theme (we're out to see the wizard), then think twice because you're going to hear it a lot, and if the high pitched witch voice annoys you, think twice to because she talks a lot. In short there's a lot of Oz in Oz, which is probably a double edged sword depending on your relation to the movie.

#38 5 years ago

TNA. Kids love the music and team mode is a great character building experience

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-again-to-find-the-best-pin- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.