8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by dr_nybble
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

#1 8 years ago

Is there anyone that does custom reproduction plastics (like BG Resto but for plastics)?

I just finished bringing a 1949 king Arthur back to life with one horrible exception, the 4 triangle shaped plastics with artwork on them. Fortunately all four are nearly identical. Anyway, my plastics are REALLY REALLY shot (blackened and curled). I did however manage to get some scans taken but based on how poorly they came out I don't think its remotely possible to clean up the scans and print decals from them. To my novice eye it looks like the artwork will have to be totally redrawn (or somehow traced). I've spent about 20 hours trying every software program I could find and I've finally come to the conclusion that I have no idea what I'm doing! Pretty sure I could handle the actual printing/making part but no way in hell I'll ever be able to generate the artwork myself. Anybody who does this sort of work? Heck I really only need 1 done because the other 3 are basically identical.

Thanks,
    Matt

#3 8 years ago

The guys at Pinball Rescue in Australia make them, but they only make a few each year. You can check out what they have / plan to make on their site, and then email them to let them know what you'd like to see in the future.

www.pinballrescue.net

#4 8 years ago

chk out Al's sight seriousviewers.com, awesome dude!

#5 8 years ago

Already tried pinball rescue and they said they don't have the artwork.

Want to make them myself but the scans aren't good enough for a novice to touch up. They need to be redrawn/traced and I can't do it. Believe me I've tried but it's out of my league.

There is really only one drawing needed. The only thing that changes is the # on the shield and 2 of them mirror the other 2.

#6 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#7 8 years ago

Can you attach your best high res scan? I am no graphics expert but was able to use Inkscape (free) to vectorize/redraw plastics.

I put the scan in one layer, reduced the opacity and redrew it in another layer. I can't even explain how to manipulate bezier curve handles, it just seems to be something you figure out intuitively after a little while.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-making-plastics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.