Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Euchrid
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

I have a Gottlieb Flying Carpet machine. It has worked fine since my brother bought it about 20 years ago. Yesterday it tilted and now we can't play. The pendulum is not touching the outer ring. I do not see any reset button/switch. When I power the machine on, everything lights up, but says tilt.

#2 12 years ago

Have you checked the slam tilt on coin door?

-Aaron

Check out the Iowa Pinball Club's website. We're Flip'n Fun!

#3 12 years ago

I wasn't aware there was one. Can anyone point out where it is, and what to look for to know if it is stuck?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/scrappie/SDC12815.jpg

(I recently inherited this machine and wanted to do a light refurb. on it, but I am brand new to the workings of a pinball machine. Thanks for your help.)

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from Scrapper:

I wasn't aware there was one. Can anyone point out where it is, and what to look for to know if it is stuck?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/scrappie/SDC12815.jpg
(I recently inherited this machine and wanted to do a light refurb. on it, but I am brand new to the workings of a pinball machine. Thanks for your help.)

It's the switch in the middle of your picture.

#5 12 years ago

Scrapper you should have about 4 in that game if someone hasn't taken them out.
1) coin door
2) lower cabinet relay board
3) underside of Playfield
4) back box -sometimes hard to find
good luck - HDC

#6 12 years ago

That happened to me once on another gottlieb EM. The problem was the score motor hung up. If you manually rotate the motor to the next stop it might fix it.

The motor is the circular disc thingy usually near the center in the base of the game. You can see it rotate briefly in time with scoring at about 25 seconds in this video:

#7 12 years ago

Thank you everybody!! Jonnyo, that did it! I gave that a little turn and viola! So happy, time to start restoration

#8 12 years ago

ha ha glad that worked. I was setting up a game for the CA Extreme tournament when that happened, and we freaked out! Pulled our hair out for an hour until an EM guy happened to walk by.

#9 12 years ago

good advice

#10 12 years ago

Darn. I was wrong. -Aaron

2 years later
#11 9 years ago

Know this is an old thread, but thanks Jonnyo, had a stuck tilt as well and advancing the score motor fixed it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 51.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-machine-stuck-on-tilt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.