• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I received my MMr today and it was perfectly protected by the shipping box an looked awesome. I went through the standard set-up procedures, plus the only 2 'Cautions', which was remove the rubber band from the castle towers and snip the two zip-ties to under the PF for the 2 gremlins. Then, I put on the power cord, put the 4 balls inside and thought it was time to play it.

I turn the switch on and nothing happens. It is getting power because I checked another pin in the same power outlet. When I lift the PF I see several very small green LED's glowing but nothing else is on. No GI's. in the backbox, I can see one red glowing LED at the bottom of that small board.

I cannot start a game. So . . . what gives? Never had this to happen before. Is there some other trick I'm not aware of? Any help appreciated.
Mike in Kentucky

#2 8 years ago

Coin door switch

#3 8 years ago

Did you remember to plug it in, Mike?

Congrats and I hope you love it (once playable)!

#4 8 years ago
#5 8 years ago
image.jpgimage.jpg
#6 8 years ago

Please go over the connectors in the lower cabinet and to the controller board in the head. Likely something is loose or off.

LTG : )

#7 8 years ago

No DMD visuals? No sounds or beeps ?

#8 8 years ago

there a main fuse ?

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Did you remember to plug it in

Yes, Andrew! I remembered to plug it in!!!

#10 8 years ago

Do you mean this pin has a special switch in the coin door to turn it on? Never heard of such a thing. If you know where it is, please let me know.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

No DMD visuals? No sounds or beeps ?

No. Totally lifeless!!! I've un-boxed several NIB's and this is a first for me to not have one power-up!

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

there a main fuse

That could be one of the things I end up putting on a check list. Hard to believe something could be wrong with a fuse before you even play it, though.

#13 8 years ago

I'd go with what Lloyd said. It must have worked before they boxed it up and shipped it. After all they do test play them don't they?

#14 8 years ago

Slam tilt switch is what he is talking about on the door. Mine was very close and I had to bend it out a little.

#15 8 years ago

Aha! I think I know what it is! There are no coin mechs inside the door!!! That is why it won't start a game!

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

they do test play them don't they?

Yeah . . . they are supposed to. I just ate my dinner. I need to wait a bit for my stomach to go down enough for me to squeeze in between pins so I can work on it.

And Mr. o-din . . . I just GOT your "gremlin" slam!!! Another Pinsider told me they are called Trolls! Hey . . . when you get to my age, what's the damned difference . . . they are both ugly as hell!
And just because I'm dumb, you shouldn't emphasize it on here alerting everyone else to my follies!

#17 8 years ago

Any led's on the "cpu" light up? What about power at the powersupply w/ multimeter

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Any led's on the "cpu" light up?

Yes, one red one at the bottom right.

Quoted from northvibe:

What about power at the powersupply w/ multimeter

Haven't done that yet. Usually, when I try to do things like that I have a tendency to make things blow up! That will be my last resort.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

you shouldn't emphasize it on here alerting everyone else to my follies!

It was only a joke saying that maybe it was Gremlins causing the problem. Good luck and I hope it is something simple. You of all people deserve this thing to work perfect. And I hope it does.

#20 8 years ago

yup check the power supply. I've seen them fail for no reason (not on mmr), but from the picture it looks like a typical 10a arcade supply).

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Yes, one red one at the bottom right.

Haven't done that yet. Usually, when I try to do things like that I have a tendency to make things blow up! That will be my last resort.

I don't have mine yet...wish I could be more help

Is there white text next to the leds that say what they mean? Is there a manual that ships with the game?

#22 8 years ago

Problem resolved! There were 3 or 4 connectors both in the backbox and cabinet that had come loose. I talked with him on the phone and he hung me up real quick so he could slaghter-I mean... SAVE some peasants. Hmph!

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You of all people deserve this thing to work perfect.

That's one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me on Pinside!!!

From now on, I will never give you a thumbs down on ANYTHING . . . even if it is borderline ridiculous! Ha.

I got it to working!!!

See my below post.
Thanks!
Mike

#24 8 years ago

Below post? Whuuuu?

image.jpgimage.jpg
#25 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Is there white text next to the leds that say what they mean?

Didn't pay attention to that aspect yet . . . and now I'm back from my Man Cave and settling in for the evening. I'll check it out later on.

Quoted from northvibe:

Is there a manual that ships with the game?

Yes. A very nice manual!

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Below post? Whuuuu?

You are too fast!!!!!! I just started!

OK. Here it is folks. I HAVE THE PIN WORKING! AND IT WORKS PERFECTLY!

Crash and Lloyd get the prize for the evening. When I first looked at that little board in the backbox, I didn't see anything out of place. But I had looked too quickly. I went back and started really going over it. I found 4 connectors that were the problem. They are so small. One had the bottom half plugged in but the top half was protruding outward and not making full connection. One was half-seated and needed pushing all the way in. And two were totally not connected! They were hanging down. These things are so small . . . I think they only have 3 or 4 pins to connect. I thought they were auxiliary connectors to maybe put extra lights or something in the back. Then, I saw how they were angled dangling there and it became obvious they needed to connect to the board. I pushed them in and then turned the pin on. It instantly came on and loaded up!!!

What a pin this is! I am one of those who had never played an MM or even seen one in person. But with the prodding of Crash, jayhawkai, and futurepinhead, I went ahead and bought one. Man, am I happy I did! Wow! There is so much to shoot for on that thing and I love how you get to truly AIM at things. It's fast but not like my Iron Man. It's hard to really aim on that one. This pin has the perfect speed and flow. LOVED THOSE GREMLINS! Er . . . trolls. I am a happy camper.

Thank you everyone for offering advice. That's what I love about this hobby and the people on this forum. You guys ROCK!

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Below post? Whuuuu?

I just now really looked at that picture. That was BOLD coming from you!!! Wish I was that thin! I'm okay in the 'post' part! Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

I found 4 connectors that were the problem. They are so small.

You just need better glasses.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

You are too fast!!!!!! I just started!
OK. Here it is folks. I HAVE THE PIN WORKING! AND IT WORKS PERFECTLY!
Crash and Lloyd get the prize for the evening. When I first looked at that little board in the backbox, I didn't see anything out of place. But I had looked too quickly. I went back and started really going over it. I found 4 connectors that were the problem. They are so small. One had the bottom half plugged in but the top half was protruding outward and not making full connection. One was half-seated and needed pushing all the way in. And two were totally not connected! They were hanging down. These things are so small . . . I think they only have 3 or 4 pins to connect. I thought they were auxiliary connectors to maybe put extra lights or something in the back. Then, I saw how they were angled dangling there and it became obvious they needed to connect to the board. I pushed them in and then turned the pin on. It instantly came on and loaded up!!!
What a pin this is! I am one of those who had never played an MM or even seen one in person. But with the prodding of Crash, jayhawkai, and futurepinhead, I went ahead and bought one. Man, am I happy I did! Wow! There is so much to shoot for on that thing and I love how you get to truly AIM at things. It's fast but not like my Iron Man. It's hard to really aim on that one. This pin has the perfect speed and flow. LOVED THOSE GREMLINS! Er . . . trolls. I am a happy camper.
Thank you everyone for offering advice. That's what I love about this hobby and the people on this forum. You guys ROCK!

so happy to hear this was figured out

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You just need better glasses.

No . . . I just need better eyes! I have glasses but I'm too vain to wear them. I think they make me look like an "old man". And you actually got this correct. I took a young friend to my Man Cave and asked him to help look around for lose wires. He found all four of them in about 20 seconds. I had been staring for 20 minutes!!!

#31 8 years ago

I don't own glasses but I have a pair a friend let me borrow. I always thought print was just getting smaller. But now I find they make doing board work or any soldering or reading of schematics much easier. I guess that's eyeglass denial. My friend doesn't want them back. Thank goodness!

#32 8 years ago

Enjoy it in the best of health for a long long time!

Congrats!

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't own glasses but I have a pair a friend let me borrow. I always thought print was just getting smaller. But now I find they make doing board work or any soldering or reading of schematics much easier. I guess that's eyeglass denial. My friend doesn't want them back. Thank goodness!

you mean... the print isn't getting smaller ? dang-it !

#34 8 years ago

Congrats Pintucky! Glad you got yourself plugged in and jamming.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Don't get too used to those. Soon enough they won't be good enough and you'll have to borrow a stronger set.

#36 8 years ago

I played MMr at the IAAPA show in Orlando in November. There were several of these there for play testing. I was very impressed with the circuit boards and internals.
Best yet, having played "the real thing" (an original Williams version) I can say that I thought they were identical in play and feel.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

you'll have to borrow a stronger set.

They make such a thing?

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They make such a thing?

Depends on how long you let it go before you found the current set.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They make such a thing?

And as the years roll on by, your stomach will get fatter and your 'peenie' will start to disappear. You will REALLY need glasses then in order to find 'things' so you can pee!

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

You will REALLY need glasses then in order to find 'things' so you can pee!

I just need to remember to turn on the bathroom light at night and I'll be good.

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I just need to remember to turn on the bathroom light at night and I'll be good.

Pintucky doesn't need a light! Remember the old Game Galaxy bathroom?

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Remember the old Game Galaxy bathroom?

Ha! Yeah . . . "Where am I? Oh, well . . . I'll just leave the door open . . ."

3 weeks later
#43 8 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Ha! Yeah . . . "Where am I? Oh, well . . . I'll just leave the door open . . ."

so what LE # did you get? anything requested or random?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.99
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-just-got-my-mmr-but-have-no-power and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.