Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-21.png
IMG_20150617_202608.jpg
#1 8 years ago

This is really starting to do my head in....

The back right diverter on my JM wont stay in the 'hold' position no matter what I try

I have re-sleeved the coil, replaced the spring and re-aligned the mechanism 10-15 times, its all moving smoothly

You can only choose to pulse the coil in the test menu (which works fine) but not hold it, so I have to play test it every time

Any ideas why the coil would not hold the plunger?

Thanks

IMG_20150617_202608.jpgIMG_20150617_202608.jpg
#2 8 years ago

I believe it works as a flipper circuit so probably a problem with the low power circuit. Have you checked voltage on it? Could just be a transistor. I thought I recalled a hold setting on the solenoid test.

#3 8 years ago

Thanks Chris,

I had another check this morning and it seemed to be working OK.....maybe its an intermittent issue....hopefully not!

#4 8 years ago

Are you talking about the one that tells the ball to either enter the inlanes or go through the left orbital?

If so, it is your left orbital switch right where the extra ball insert is. In your JM manual, page 2-35, switch #56.

I had the exact same identical problem. What it is that switch is not being tripped at the right time. GoodToBeDad explains it better on this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-diverter-opens-and-closes-repeatedly

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Are you talking about the one that tells the ball to either enter the inlanes or go through the left orbital?
If so, it is your left orbital switch right where the extra ball insert is. In your JM manual, page 2-35, switch #56.
I had the exact same identical problem. What it is that switch is not being tripped at the right time. GoodToBeDad explains it better on this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-diverter-opens-and-closes-repeatedly

Thanks but its the right diverter which is the problem for me, sometimes it fires the diverter arm back and forth in quick succession....some times it holds....weird

I'll do some more testing tonight

image-21.pngimage-21.png
#6 8 years ago

My bad, that was the one I meant. Go with my advice; it is more than likely your problem. Put your game in switch test mode, use a ball in hand, and see if it is tripping the left loop switch that I id'd in my previous post.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

My bad, that was the one I meant. Go with my advice; it is more than likely your problem. Put your game in switch test mode, use a ball in hand, and see if it is tripping the left loop switch that I id'd in my previous post.

Will do, thanks

#8 8 years ago

Luke,

If it is intermittent sounds like something electrical is just loose. Could be bad solder on the lug or a broken wire on the coil wind too I guess. My money is on one of those two things.

I like the black rubber on yours. Mine has white but the black looks better.

7 years later
#9 1 year ago

Did you ever fix this? mine just started doing this today. the Right diverter, the one that diverts when you hit the spinner or right lock when those locks are lit. that diverter is supposed to remain open when those 2 locks are lit.
mine opens but closes quickly. it won't HOLD open.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morristown, NJ
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 29.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-jm-diverter-wont-stay-pulsed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.