• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BLURRR_(resized).png
1_(resized).jpg
e863a3c7e8775c8cf026857ddbd67bca4d0ce122_(resized).jpg
13125857_896822100415996_582360910_n.mp4_snapshot_02.44_[2016.06.04_03.15.40]_(resized).jpg
Coolidge_after_signing_indian_treaty_(resized).jpg
download_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_1175_(resized).JPG
IMG_1893_(resized).JPG
Screenshot_20160602-044041_(resized).png
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

A know i guy that its selling a FT the game seems to work the cabinet its faded.but i noticed on the back box theres only one light on all other lights are off the bulbs are there...the fish moves at he top but no lights either....its this serious?.should i call it off?the price seems fair.but i read that could be from a fuse to a transistor...
Thxs as always
M.

Screenshot_20160602-044041_(resized).pngScreenshot_20160602-044041_(resized).png

#2 7 years ago

Easy to fix it just a GI problem. You can google GI string out in Williams WPC and you will find heaps.

As for going ahead all depends on the price!

#3 7 years ago

That's almost certainly a burnt GI connector on the driver board. Very common problem with the 1990's Williams games. Normally not a difficult repair but you can't be sure without inspecting the connectors.

This should factor into price but the overall condition matters most.

#4 7 years ago

I picked up a Congo last night that had been in storage for years. I fired it up after some inspection and one light came on in the back box. I took the bulbs out and put them back in one at a time and they worked. There must have been some moisture in the storage and it caused a little corrosion on the contacts of the sockets. Try the simplest fix before diving in to difficult or costly ones

#5 7 years ago

Depends on price?

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Easy to fix it just a GI problem. You can google GI string out in Williams WPC and you will find heaps.
As for going ahead all depends on the price!

Thank you

Quoted from jgreene:

That's almost certainly a burnt GI connector on the driver board. Very common problem with the 1990's Williams games. Normally not a difficult repair but you can't be sure without inspecting the connectors.
This should factor into price but the overall condition matters most.

Thank you
the game seems playable faded original cabinet art

Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I picked up a Congo last night that had been in storage for years. I fired it up after some inspection and one light came on in the back box. I took the bulbs out and put them back in one at a time and they worked. There must have been some moisture in the storage and it caused a little corrosion on the contacts of the sockets. Try the simplest fix before diving in to difficult or costly ones

Thank you i will

Quoted from whisper:

Depends on price?

Thank you
1450/1500 theres a starship trooper for 1850 but idk about that title/price

#7 7 years ago

Well we need more photos of the playfield and the like.
But generally I would pay $1450 for a Fish Tales that boots up and plays all day long.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Well we need more photos of the playfield and the like.
But generally I would pay $1450 for a Fish Tales that boots up and plays all day long.

thxs
how about a starship troopers for 1800

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

thxs
how about a starship troopers for 1800

Usualy a working DMD game for under $2000 is a pretty good deal.
But without seeing these games it is too hard to say.
Fish Tales is a classic and has a great resale value.
Can't say the same for Starship.

#10 7 years ago

Where is everyone finding these deals!?
I'd go for the FT

#11 7 years ago

this is untrue. there are plenty of DMD games not worth anywhere near 2k. and some are under 1k.

shittales for $1400 is pretty safe bet. Plenty on here willing to overpay for that game.

SST for 1800? Better look damn nice for that price. Cabinet better be near flawless. Will be tough to move later. They are hard to move when you clear 1500.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Usualy a working DMD game for under $2000 is a pretty good deal.
But without seeing these games it is too hard to say.
Fish Tales is a classic and has a great resale value.
Can't say the same for Starship.

thxs i kind of think the same but its always good to hear your opinions

Quoted from GLSP3022:

I'd go for the FT

thxs

i hope to find out about that back box without lights

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

this is untrue. there are plenty of DMD games not worth anywhere near 2k. and some are under 1k.
shittales for $1400 is pretty safe bet. Plenty on here willing to overpay for that game.
SST for 1800? Better look damn nice for that price. Cabinet better be near flawless. Will be tough to move later. They are hard to move when you clear 1500.

Thxs Neo
Yeah the SST cabinet its flawless but im not that familiar with that title the thing with the FT its that dark back box ill see it in person soon but i want lights on the back box....the SST back box/translite its kind of simple tho....

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

Thxs Neo
Yeah the SST cabinet its flawless but im not that familiar with that title the thing with the FT its that dark back box ill see it in person soon but i want lights on the back box....the SST back box/translite its kind of simple tho....

For sure be more concerned with PF damage on the FT, insert wear is a big problem on that title; IF that type of thing bothers you.
AS other have said GI strings in the head aren't that bad.

#15 7 years ago

Ft is an easy sell for 2300 and sst...pass unless it's like new.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Well since you asked.
I just picked up a Whitewater for $1400, a Diner for $500 and a Getaway for $1200 all within 20 miles of my house in the past two months.
It used to be even easier back in the early 2000's when I was buying out all my area route dealers that were getting out of the pinball business. Those were the good old days.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

For sure be more concerned with PF damage on the FT, insert wear is a big problem on that title; IF that type of thing bothers you.
AS other have said GI strings in the head aren't that bad.

thxs the law the Pf wear donsent seem bad at all,but in person i will know for sure

Quoted from Msch:

Ft is an easy sell for 2300 and sst...pass unless it's like new.

thxs MSch
SST its like new but again what about that tittle seems too plasticky

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Well since you asked.
I just picked up a Whitewater for $1400, a Diner for $500 and a Getaway for $1200 all within 20 miles of my house in the past two months.
It used to be even easier back in the early 2000's when I was buying out all my area route dealers that were getting out of the pinball business. Those were the good old days.

great finds man! how about the conditions on those 3?

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:Well since you asked.

I second that, really nice finds for those prices (at least from what I've come across). Craigslist?

On the OP, not a fan of the FT theme, but like the pin and that's a solid price for that IMO. I actually liked SST when I played it, and my thought is you could sell it later for close to that as well, but of course could be wrong!

#20 7 years ago

SST is one of the best bangs for your buck out there. IMO, a much better game than Fish Tales. Don't worry about the resale - if you dig it, you wont want to sell it anyway.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

great finds man! how about the conditions on those 3?

Certainly.
Whitewater needed a complete new MPU board. $180 As well as flipper rebuilds and a few switches needed to be replaced. Looks and plays great now. Also getting a cliffy for the upper playfield ball drop.
Diner needed to have the battery holder cut off but the board was great. Needed several new switches and or diodes as well as a complete flipper rebuild. Some inserts in the Diner letters are raised a bit and I have not gotten to those yet.
Getaway was in great shape. Needed to have a molex plugged back in on the loop ramp magnet and the battery holder was toast. Boards were great.
Here is the Diner and Whitewater as they sit now.

IMG_1893_(resized).JPGIMG_1893_(resized).JPG

Found a Getaway photo before I cleaned it up.

IMG_1175_(resized).JPGIMG_1175_(resized).JPG

And some others just because I like posting photos when I can

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#22 7 years ago

There are some deals out there still to be had. You need to be fast and always looking though. Those are three nice buys

#23 7 years ago

$1450 is a steal on FT in todays market. If you dont want it let me know, I do.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Well since you asked.

How the hell did you manage that?!

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

How the hell did you manage that?!

Many ways. Local classifieds not craigslist. And I happen to own an Arcade for my business.
People walk in or call me all the time with games to either fix for them or purchase. Most of the time they are looking to just get them out of their house as was the case with the Diner, Whitewater and Getaway.
I also purchased that 2001 in a garage sale for $50.
The Barracora from a route operator last year for $300.
And the Firepower early production model for $500 last year as well from local electronic classifieds.
I have some amazing stories from the early 2000's that would spin some heads but I don't want to derail this thread.
Pinball is an awesome hobby.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Many ways. Local classifieds not craigslist. And I happen to own an Arcade for my business.
People walk in or call me all the time with games to either fix for them or purchase. Most of the time they are looking to just get them out of their house as was the case with the Diner, Whitewater and Getaway.
I also purchased that 2001 in a garage sale for $50.
The Barracora from a route operator last year for $300.
And the Firepower early production model for $500 last year as well from local electronic classifieds.
I have some amazing stories from the early 2000's that would spin some heads but I don't want to derail this thread.
Pinball is an awesome hobby.

ur not derailing it thxs for the pics

#27 7 years ago

People ask 1400 for the topper now a days

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

People ask 1400 for the topper now a days

I was very surprised the topper was still on this one. Just some very minor bubbling on the foil. Still looks great though.
Of course someone had put #555 bulbs in the topper and they had all burnt up and turned a nice silver color. lol.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Local classifieds not craigslist.

As in the newspaper?

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

As in the newspaper?

No.
My city/area has a local classifieds online that is not Craigs list.
I always get the best deals the less people know about the listing.
With craigs list, if a good deal is ever posted there will be people price fighting and telling the seller he is way to low. Just a big hassle and I never use it. Not to mention all the scammers. I always say if the buyer and seller are happy, it is a good deal.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I was very surprised the topper was still on this one. Just some very minor bubbling on the foil. Still looks great though.
Of course someone had put #555 bulbs in the topper and they had all burnt up and turned a nice silver color. lol.

I wish it was all burnt bulbs so i only have to replace them.and the flapping fish topper its working with the plastic dome just no lights on it

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

I wish it was all burnt bulbs so i only have to replace them.and the flapping fish topper its working with the plastic dome just no lights on it

For $1450, if everything else is working and the PF isn't trashed, go get it now!

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

go get it now!

What he said. Hope you didn't get bit by someone while you were debating about this.

#34 7 years ago

Forget about the back box and topper. How do the boards and the playfield look ? It does fire up and play right ? Then score homie.

#35 7 years ago

No joke. I see that it booted up in the pic. I'd buy it right now if the play field isn't completely shot

#36 7 years ago

The GI connectors are super easy to fix. My FT GI connector was toast when I picked it up. There's like 40 bulbs in that back box.. It's no wonder they don't last.

If you pick it up and can't find the info you need feel free to pm me and I'll walk you through it.

#37 7 years ago

Like others said if the playfield looks good, and the boards don't have battery acid all over them, I'd pick this up asap. I sold mine to a friend a year ago and miss it all the time.
At least I can still play it when I go over there.

#38 7 years ago

thanks to all of you you rock !

Quoted from thedefog:For $1450, if everything else is working and the PF isn't trashed, go get it now!

thank you!!

Quoted from Gryszzz:

What he said. Hope you didn't get bit by someone while you were debating about this.

thank you!!

Quoted from Gryszzz:

Forget about the back box and topper. How do the boards and the playfield look ? It does fire up and play
right ? Then score homie.

thank you!!
i saw a video and seems to play legs wasnt on but the multiball started

No joke. I see that it booted up in the pic. I'd buy it right now if the play field isn't completely shot

thank you!!
the Pf seems fine too me on that low quality phone vid

Quoted from chubtoad13:

The GI connectors are super easy to fix. My FT GI connector was toast when I picked it up. There's like 40 bulbs in that back box.. It's no wonder they don't last.
If you pick it up and can't find the info you need feel free to pm me and I'll walk you through it.

thank you i will youre very kind!

Quoted from chubtoad13:

Like others said if the playfield looks good, and the boards don't have battery acid all over them, I'd pick this up asap. I sold mine to a friend a year ago and miss it all the time.
At least I can still play it when I go over there.

ive been told that the batterys are sit away from the boards to prevent the acid thing

and to all that awnsered:

thank you guys you all rock!

#39 7 years ago

im going tomorrow to see it i just talked to the guy he told me that most probably its a burnt conector(that happens all the time he told me) about the the GI thing on the backbox and topper.
all your advices on what and how to check are More than welcome

#40 7 years ago

I think that is the first time someone thanked everyone for their input.

download_(resized).jpgdownload_(resized).jpg

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

HAHAHA

Coolidge_after_signing_indian_treaty_(resized).jpgCoolidge_after_signing_indian_treaty_(resized).jpg

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Yep.
Metzu is a class act.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Yep.
Metzu is a class act.

and you sir,you got a pinbot the game im hunting for too

#44 7 years ago

i just noticed that between the flippers it had been re painted...

i am right?

13125857_896822100415996_582360910_n.mp4_snapshot_02.44_[2016.06.04_03.15.40]_(resized).jpg13125857_896822100415996_582360910_n.mp4_snapshot_02.44_[2016.06.04_03.15.40]_(resized).jpg

no nostrils on the fish or scales no rope on the floater

e863a3c7e8775c8cf026857ddbd67bca4d0ce122_(resized).jpge863a3c7e8775c8cf026857ddbd67bca4d0ce122_(resized).jpg

with this pic you can compare

1_(resized).jpg1_(resized).jpg

#45 7 years ago

double post

#46 7 years ago

The center inserts look a little fishy as well. Those are some low res images though

#47 7 years ago

The center inserts look a little fishy as well. Those are some low res images though

youre right look carefully at the fish mouth its creepy,the outlines,where did the scales go?high res would have showed it beyond any questions
i preffer the scratches on there than a bad paint job

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

and you sir,you got a pinbot the game im hunting for too

You're in luck, as 12,000 were made.

Quoted from Metzu:

youre right look carefully at the fish mouth its creepy,the outlines,where did the scales go?high res would have showed it beyond any questions
i preffer the scratches on there than a bad paint job

I wouldn't sweat it. Just wipe it off when you get it.

2 weeks later
#49 7 years ago

i just found another one this one at $1050 no topper no fishing rod shooter.but the playfield looks very good,o and the cabinet its faded like most of them.

#50 7 years ago

where the hell are you finding these deals?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

12,500 (OBO)
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-its-this-a-deal-breaker/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.