Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by LongJohns
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DogeCity score motor.JPG
DodgeCity_a.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LongJohns.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hi, I am having a difficult time here with my Dodge City. All was fine up until a few weeks back but now I am having issues with the scoring.

The 5 point rollovers work fine a couple of times but then on the 4th activation it will activate the kick out holes and will randomly score 5 - 15ish points. The roto-unit also attempts (or will) spin (should only activate on the 50 point roll overs or the lighted out lanes.

The 50 point roll overs are also affected, they score usually 15 points, but also seems random.

The holes also have incorrect scoring.

Basically everything in the area of the attached section of the drawing. I am sure there is some switch at fault in the score motor assembly but my logic is seeming to fail me on how it is all working. I would really like to understand what is going one vs randomly adjusting/etc switches.

The 5 and 50 point relays seem to be working fine, although when the 5 point issue above happens, there will be an arc between some contacts on the 50 point - it actually looks like it starts to pull in but then releases. I have checked the roll over switches, but like I said above, I think it is more of an issue with the score motor assembly, or am I wrong?

Appreciate any help/suggestions.

Full schematic here: http://members.shaw.ca/junkuser1988/DC-pinball/DodgeCity-sch.jpg

DodgeCity_a.jpg
DogeCity score motor.JPG

1 week later
#2 6 years ago

Anyone?

Ok, have some time today to have a look at this:

All switch units are tight on the score motor.

From what I can tell the switches are opening and closing properly (score motor and most of the relays that I think I should be looking at) - which brings up the question as to what the "proper" gap is suppose to be?

One thing I did notice, and think it is wrong so perhaps someone could confirm. When I start a game from power off (or a new game), the score motor does NOT stop in the same location after it completes the 'start up sequence'. Now maybe this is correct, but it doesn't seem right to me.

The score motor upon a 5 point score (closing the top 5 point roll over switch) rotates 1/3 of the way around. When it reaches/stops at position #3 switch bank F (top most) the hole kick out activates and usually scores 15 points. When it reaches/stops at position #1 (switch back F), it also seems to count 15 points and it momentary activates the roto spin (it moves slightly but doesn't spin). Works 'normal when in the #4 position.

Any event that is where I stand...the game plays correctly, just the scoring sequence seems off or something...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 15.00
$ 79.00
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 209.00
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
$ 248.85
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 28.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LongJohns.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside