You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

arnold_pects_flex.gif
#1 11 years ago

Hello Pinsiders!!!

I have never seen a NIB B/W game.

I got a TOTAN that soon will come up for sale, got told it only had one owner from new, i just dont understand how it can have bars installed, if it only was used as a home use game, was these installed from the fabric??

Well i just made a specific video today, please feel free to look at it and tell me if its bullcr** or could this game really be a one mans game all these years

Link:
http://arcadeaction.dk/tales-arabian-nights-p-208.html

#2 11 years ago

Lock bars were not installed by the factory. Possibly by the distributor but not sure why they would do that.

#3 11 years ago

I'm pretty sure those are factory on WPC95 machines

#4 11 years ago

Those are factory lockdown bar hasps. I'd bet my life on it.

#5 11 years ago

Okey, 2 good answers, but whitch one is it

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I'm pretty sure those are factory on WPC95 machines

I thought the same

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Those are factory lockdown bar hasps. I'd bet my life on it.

And the coin mechanisim?

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

And the coin mechanisim?

I only looked at the first minute of your video. It appears to have an original export-style coin door on it. All machines came with coindoors regardless of home or route use. I hope that helps.

#9 11 years ago

They definitely started putting them on at the factory at some point. The "bar" itself is not included, but the hasps were factory installed on later Williams/Bally games. I'm not sure of the first machine that had them though or if TOTAN did or not. ALL the later ones did though (CC, MB, MM, etc...)

#10 11 years ago

ToTAN had the lockbar hasps installed from the factory. So did CV, MM, MB, AFM, among others.

#11 11 years ago

Fact: Nearly all WPC-95 machines came from the factory (or fabric, to you ) with those security brackets installed.

Fact: HUO means Home Use Only. Not Home Use Originally, not Home Use Since I Got It, etc. Got a receipt?

Fact: Terms like HUO can mean NOTHING. A Home Use Only machine can be played 2,000 times just as likely as a machine on location can never be played more than 10 times (especially these days). Actual condition matters.

That machine looks nice but just catching a glimpse of the video I see cabinet fade and wear at the shooter lane, which puts the value in the same ballpark as most (routed) TOTANs. Great game, by the way

#12 11 years ago

Allright, that seems to do it for me
thank you for all your fast and great answers.

Looking forward to clean and wax that playfield, i just filmed this one as it was, ill make a new video when its all done, and about the shooterlane, its just some dust, it came right off with simple window cleaner

#13 11 years ago

Can you do me one favor? In your next video you share with us please say: "I'll be back"

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Hello Pinsiders!!!
I have never seen a NIB B/W game.
I got a TOTAN that soon will come up for sale, got told it only had one owner from new, i just dont understand how it can have bars installed, if it only was used as a home use game, was these installed from the fabric??
Well i just made a specific video today, please feel free to look at it and tell me if its bullcr** or could this game really be a one mans game all these years
Link:
http://arcadeaction.dk/tales-arabian-nights-p-208.html

Looks like the nicest original TOTAN I have ever seen and yes, its gotta be HUO!

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Can you do me one favor? In your next video you share with us please say: "I'll be back"

Hahahahhahahahahhaaa, thats the best line ever!!!
(i am a huge fan of Arnold)
Hahahahha, really still laughing, thanks mannn, and sorry for my stinky english

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Hahahahhahahahahhaaa, thats the best line ever!!!
(i am a huge fan of Arnold)
Hahahahha, really still laughing, thanks mannn, and sorry for my stinky english

LOL, your english is great! Its just that the whole time I'm listening to your video I'm waiting anxiously for you to say that line!

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

LOL, your english is great! Its just that the whole time I'm listening to your video I'm waiting anxiously for you to say that line!

You know what, i am really honourd to read this

Get to da Chappaaaaaaaa... Nice night for a walk aiiyyyy.... Stick around... You son of a Bi***... I am John Cibmle you idiot, i could go on

#18 11 years ago

Your game came with them installed from the factory. The parts bolted to the cabinet, a black metal bar across the coin door, and a kind of round plastic snap ring to hold the bar in place where an op would put a lock.

This started with Williams about the time of AFM.

If ever in doubt, you can always check the parts list for a game to see if it's there or not.

LTG : )

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Your game came with them installed from the factory. The parts bolted to the cabinet, a black metal bar across the coin door, and a kind of round plastic snap ring to hold the bar in place where an op would put a lock.
This started with Williams about the time of AFM.
If ever in doubt, you can always check the parts list for a game to see if it's there or not.

Is AFM WPC95 game? did it come before TOTAN?

#20 11 years ago

nice pickup

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Yes, and TOTAN came about 5 months after AFM.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl The Internet Pinball Database is a good resource if you haven't found it yet.

#23 11 years ago

My ToTAN has the hasps as well. HUO or not, it looks like you have a great example there either way!

#24 11 years ago

I bought my proven HUO Cirqus Voltaire from Brandon and they had those installed. I had proof it was HUO so that answers your question.

#25 11 years ago

Yellow targets look aftermarket. I think the original are the "3-D" deeper target.

#26 11 years ago

At the very start it sounded like you said that your TOTAN is coming up for sale soon. If so, I'm surprised that no one here has offered to buy it yet.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

At the very start it sounded like you said that your TOTAN is coming up for sale soon. If so, I'm surprised that no one here has offered to buy it yet.

I have recived private mails from interrested buyers.
I was hoping for trade with a nice pin, but cash offer is okey too.
Its no problem for me to pack and wrap TOTAN propperly.
If i get an offer i cant refuse, then i am also willing to sell it before cleaning the pf

Some also told me, look under the pf, that explanes everything, huo or not, this game looks like new

#28 11 years ago

My friend has a documented HUO TOTAN and CV, both have those lock bar hasps installed.

#29 11 years ago

Thank you guys, the sellers storey is allright then, i only doughted becouse of the bar and coinmechanisim, but thanks for all the help.

#30 11 years ago

If the pin is so nice that those are the only things keeping you from believing it was a true HUO, would you have passed on it if we said those were not factory items?

This is just my opinion, but the HUO label is getting totally out of hand. Condition is king.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from herg:

If the pin is so nice that those are the only things keeping you from believing it was a true HUO, would you have passed on it if we said those were not factory items?

This is just my opinion, but the HUO label is getting totally out of hand. Condition is king.

+1 I was told mine was HUO also, but I didn't really care if it was or not. It looks like it is and that's all that matters.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I do not want to tell its a HUO when i was in doubt. Sorry i was not in pinball mode in the golden 90, did not know how a nib pin got sold grom williams, i asked here to be sure, sorry i am not an expert, but learning every day

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

i asked here to be sure, sorry i am not an expert, but learning every day

No need to be sorry. If you have a question, Pinside is a great resource to help.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No need to be sorry. If you have a question, Pinside is a great resource to help.

You are abseoulutley right, especially alot of help commin from you

#35 11 years ago

AND I love your spelling...

arnold_pects_flex.gifarnold_pects_flex.gif

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Is that Lance, before a big race?

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Hahahahhaaaa, nice

#38 11 years ago

I'm a big Arnold fan as well. (Predator #55) I even went to see The Last Stand.....

#39 11 years ago

How was it? It has not enterd our town yet

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

How was it? It has not enterd our town yet

The Last Stand was pretty good. The Terminator meets Mayberry.

Good popcorn muncher, don't go expecting the greatest movie of all time.

#41 11 years ago

You've seen it all before...and better. Not horrible...but far from great IMO.

#42 11 years ago

Arnold on the big screen again... its a dream come true for me. Well also the next star wars movie

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-is-my-totan-huo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.