5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by stinkie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2851 (resized).JPG
    #1 5 years ago

Are there any tips for tightening the screws on, or installing, leaf switches? I'm installing the parts from old playfield to new, and when i tighten the leaf switches, they twist out of shape. I've searched online for a couple hours now...
    Any help would be very much appreciated!
    Thanks!
    S

77 Bally 8 Ball

#2 5 years ago

You could try pre-drilling the holes but don't get too carried away and drill all the way through the Playfield I've had to do this before

#3 5 years ago

The holes are already drilled. But when I tighten the screws, the stack twists and the whole unit becomes contorted. Not all of them, but several. Seems like it would be a common issue, but I can't find anything about it. In this image, I have the screw only half-in, and it is already twisted so much there is no contact possible. If I tighten more, it gets really bad.

IMG_2851 (resized).JPGIMG_2851 (resized).JPG
    #4 5 years ago

I always tighten the top one first. Usually just holding it keeps it straight.

You can clamp it with a small vise grip and tighten the bottom one.

#5 5 years ago

https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-slingshot-leaf-switch.html
    When I had a similar problem with slingshot leaf switches, I just got new ones from Pinball Life.
    They are like $5 each plus shipping and mine came with a new diode... Problem solved...
    I would get new screws at a hardware store too, just because you can.

#6 5 years ago

Thanks Cheddar and @Dent00. I will just replace them.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-installing-leaf-switch-on-new-playfield?hl=stinkie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.