hobbit-1.jpg
bilbopilarsmaug.jpg
Pillar Bilbo.jpg
305940-i (1).png
306342-i.jpg
images (2).jpg
306335.jpg
hobbitenvironmentereboralrg2.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mummite.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#142 9 years ago

Will the game be integrated with items from the 3rd film once the movie is released? I would like to see LCD video, themes rules and characters from the 3rd film in the game. The game is titled “Motion picture trilogy” and should leverage assets from all films. I would think so since there is an insert labeled “Battle the five armies”

The mountain Smaug is behind is not very detailed and should look closer to “the gate to Erebor” The idea of the gate lighting up as someone mentioned is also interesting when multi-ball is ready. The bland rock wall does nothing and is an eye sore.

Wire form VUK the metal rock looking ones don’t look good, take up to much space and the wire forms are much classier look.

The book as we all know is just horrible. Really happy this is getting replaced would love to see a nice mold of Hobbit house exterior from bagshot row. Not sure about adding another LCD, but I like that this is getting replaced.

Will there be spot lights on the slings and other key locations on the game. This was a big concern with WOZ and ended up having to add spot lights on the game. Be nice to see more spot lights and accent lighting on the game. Time spent on lighting designs is an important feature and something not to pass up.

Need more toy molds and items covering all the diverters and metal parts. Would really like to see more sculpts of characters and rocky molds to help fill in the space and create the look and feel of the Hobbit’s environment.

The game overall needs more molds and rocks similar to Willams Dracula or Congo with the plastic molded mountains to fill in the space and sell the theme to the player.

Really hoping for a windlance toy near the kick back or something to illustrate this. I like the Smaug kill shot to be a combo of this and the 3rd flipper.

When a ball is grabbed by the back left magnet. The player should have the choice where it diverts to under the playfield in the subway “Left or right” Similar to Avengers Hawkeye diverter.

The apron needs some work it looks cool, but would love to see some led lighting and other interesting upgrades to this area of the game.

Modes of play and code (We want deep hard and unique rules)

Love to see a mode of play where Smaug is sleeping and the player must sneak around not hitting specific shots. If you wake him at the wrong time you lose your ball. I loved the modes Keith did for WOZ the unique elements like weak flippers and reverse flip was really fun. Mixing up and creating new modes of play like this is what we expect. Code wise I think the fan base expects a ton from this game, but I know the team can deliver.

Inlane shots to the pop-up targets look like fun and should each award and unlock different sequences that can be paired with main modes like hurry ups or roving shots that can layer on the main modes. Either way layered modes ontop of the main game modes is a must and will help keep the game fresh and have good gameplay strategy.

Really want to see the 3rd flipper used more and not just for the kill shot. I do like the kick back to upper right flipper though, that combo could be fun and should be used often.

The middle divertor is interesting and watching the video, how will this be incorporated into the game? All it does is a Fish tales U-turn; will there be modes of play that require the player to perform a U-turn? I also find it hard to hit the ball and quickly hit the button to lower the diverter, so curious how that will pan out.

Seeing multiply skill shot options is nice I am sure those will be fun. Love having options when starting a game!

There are only 4 switches to light lock and the switches are in a main area of the PF. Looks really easy to start multi-ball and light up these switches. I would like to see more skill in starting this mode like roving switch that cycles and the player needs to hit it when its lit, then its awarded a letter. Woz you really have to hit many rollovers to get a ball qualified to lock.

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I'm having trouble picturing how JJP is going to integrate the tail with the head

yep, I was thinking the same thing.

#156 9 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

The RGB lighting in WOZ allows for some fantastic light shows. TH is dull enough as it is.

Agree the RGB woz lights are nice. Would be a great addition to the Hobbit. What kind of lighting is used in the GI for the hobbit? is it similar to WOZ of new?

#158 9 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

not going to be RGB which allows different colors

yep, that is a bit disappointing. Also where are the spotlights? I would like to see more attention to the lighting Woz was so dark.

#172 9 years ago
Quoted from Crrispy:

Yes, and yes.... but just the bare playfield, new art.

Interesting This would be great news, curious what it looks like and when we will see it.

1 week later
#198 9 years ago

I am hoping that we get to see some significant updates to this game when it's show again later this month. It would also be nice to here more about what changes are coming.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 22.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mummite.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-improve-the-final-version-of-the-hobbit?tu=mummite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.