Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tmp_will_coin-1141699055.jpg
image.jpg
Internal-view-of-Coin-Controls-DBV-Door.jpg
AztecPart.JPG
#1 9 years ago

AztecPart.JPGAztecPart.JPGHelp! Several years ago I disassembled a Williams AZTEC. I'm now reassembling it. I've got one part that I can’t seem to identify or determine what the part is, or (most importantly) where it goes!! I’ve checked the Williams Parts Catalogues and can’t seem to find anything that look correct. I *think* the part is related to coin door or lockdown bar area of the cabinet as it was with some other parts from those areas. Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated. I feel like a klutz! Thanks in advance for any help.

Bob

#2 9 years ago

Not positive, but looks kind of like the part that holds the coin mechanism in place. See the following image (note: the coin mechs aren't installed in this example).

http://remote.kiwi.gen.nz/JP2/jpCoinDoor.jpg

#3 9 years ago

It looks to me like a bracket to secure the coin mech. The oval holes are clearance holes for the adjusting screws in the removable con mechs. Attached is a picture I found of something similar. Coin doors and mechs are purchased parts, and so could change a lot over the years with little documentation by the pin makers.

Don C.

Internal-view-of-Coin-Controls-DBV-Door.jpgInternal-view-of-Coin-Controls-DBV-Door.jpg
#4 9 years ago

Good call Don C

PBR has another angle picture of Williams coin door and as Don C says it looks like it's used to hold the coin mechs.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#5 9 years ago

Yes... its the hold-down for the mechs in newer coindoors. (keep it... some day you'll need it)

It does not belong to an Aztec.
Williams 1970's (early '80's) mechs had a bracket you mount to the coin mech itself, and gets held in place by a spring-clip on the door frame piece.

Here's what the mounted bracket looks like:

tmp_will_coin-1141699055.jpgtmp_will_coin-1141699055.jpg
#6 9 years ago

Thanks Timerider!!

Yep ...my mechs are in-fact like the ones in your picture. The piece I have is *similar* to the mech images everyone has provided, but its difficult to tell for sure.

I'll hang on to the piece... Im not certain how it ended up with some stuff I was re-assembling in to the Aztec--gremlins perhaps. I appreciate *EVRYONE* jumping in here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ashburn, VA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-identifying-willimas-part-aztec and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.