(Topic ID: 17703)

Help identifying a pin

By the_pin_family

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rocket_iii.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

it was a pin where you went to each planet in the solar system then I think end up at the sun
    it was older maybe late 70's or early 80's
    it was a very cool game
    does anybody remember it?

#2 11 years ago

You mean pinbot?

#3 11 years ago

Bally Rocket III?

rocket_iii.jpgrocket_iii.jpg

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinballj:

You mean pinbot?

A friend asked me this question last night and pinbot was my first thought, but he says no.

Quoted from PMcGee:Bally Rocket III?

Attachments rocket_iii.jpg (10.8 KB, 0 downloads) 3 minutes old

I think this is to old

#5 11 years ago

1980 Stern Galaxy?

#7 11 years ago

Ding Ding Ding!!!!! We have a winner!!!!!!!! Thank you kind sir. See you thought that was a useless piece of information floating around in your head. Now I suppose I'm going to have to find one.

#8 11 years ago

Thanks t_p_f - I have fond memories of playing Galaxy as a teenager.

My review for this game on Pinside:

“Another game I used to love playing when it first came out. The slingshots on this one are located higher up than usual on the sides of the playfield, which makes for interesting gameplay at times. Some very good games can be had on this one for a early 1980's machine that has no ramps or any multiball. Interesting artwork on the playfield as well. The sounds for an early SS machine are good, and it flashes the GI at times, I think this was a first in pinball on this game. Knock the side targets down to advance through the solar system, complete GALAXY through the lanes for extra balls and replays. Good use of a spinner too in this excellent game.”

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-identifying-a-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.