(Topic ID: 107657)

Calling all smart guys: What game is this?

By Spitfiren8

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by EMPins
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

monkey-pc-1.jpg
    image-66.jpg
    image-807.jpg
    image-579.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Anyone know what game this is?
    image-66.jpgimage-66.jpgimage-807.jpgimage-807.jpgimage-579.jpgimage-579.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Looks like something from Bally Continental (of Antwerp, Belgium).

#3 9 years ago

It's a head-to-head pinball machine.

I didn't happen to see a match on the list here:

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?specialty=24&searchtype=advanced

Are there any labels, text, or copyright information anywhere on it? Your photos are a fairly low resolution, so it's hard to make out any details.

#4 9 years ago

Looks to be a racing theme but I dont see any score reels or displays???

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I didn't happen to see a match on the list here:
    http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?specialty=24&searchtype=advanced
    Are there any labels, text, or copyright information anywhere on it? Your photos are a fairly low resolution.

Sorry the pics are not mine, and they are all I have to go on.

#6 9 years ago

No idea then. I can't find a match for the photo.

Maybe someone else will simply recognize it. Or, maybe it was just a prototype. A handful of head-to-head machines simply never made it into production.

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

No idea then. I can't find a match for the photo.
    Maybe someone else will simply recognize it. Or, maybe it was just a prototype. A handful of head-to-head machines simply never made it into production.

I ran a IPDB search for head to head games and couldn't find a match either. Do you think its an EM or SS?

#8 9 years ago

hmmm...

that's interesting. don't know.

but the new plastics for Joust are ready and we could reskin it

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from Spitfiren8:

I ran a IPDB search for head to head games and couldn't find a match either. Do you think its an EM or SS?

I'd guess EM considering the style of the lockbar and the appearance of a second set of plungers near the bottom of the cabinet. Some older EMs and woodrails had an additional plunger to pop the ball into the shooter lane, in addition to the regular plunger we're all familiar with.

I'd also guess that there isn't any actual scoring--just the three white lights on the apron for each player.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

No shit?

#11 9 years ago

hehe

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

additional plunger to pop the ball into the shooter lane

AKA the ball lift.

#13 9 years ago

omg

#14 9 years ago

If you put a monkey in front of a PC running Visual Pinball they could make a more interesting layout than that thing.

#15 9 years ago

i'm working on it...

monkey-pc-1.jpgmonkey-pc-1.jpg

#16 9 years ago

Aspects of it (the cabinet) seem a bit reminiscent of the home pins ('demolition derby' or whatever it's called, etc.)

The layout does seem Joust inspired, but I haven't seen many head-to-head pins, so maybe the two-spinner layout is standard fare

#17 9 years ago

Where is the game located so we can ask for more pictures
    And info?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-identify-this-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.