2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by mystman12
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Manic Street Preachers - You Stole the Sun from My Heart

On the wikipedia page for this song it says that the drum loop in the intro was sampled from a pinball machine, and there's this bit from an interview:

"It's one of the most simple tracks - a kind of hybrid Nirvana and New Order - about when your soul gets ripped up but you just get past caring. Sean sampled the studio pinball machine."

The song was recorded in 1998. I'm assuming the sample is from a prelaunch music. Can anyone identify which game it was?

#2 2 years ago

I could not identify it.
    I tried but the closest I got was this one stuck in my head. Not correct probably.

#3 2 years ago

I actually think it might be Shaq Attack, sped up a bit. I’m having a hard time finding an isolated track, but the prelaunch tune can be heard briefly in the beginning here

Compare and let me know what you think:

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

I actually think it might be Shaq Attack, sped up a bit. I’m having a hard time finding an isolated track, but the prelaunch tune can be heard briefly in the beginning here

Compare and let me know what you think:

That might actually be a pretty good match sped up, have to inspect!

4 months later
    #5 2 years ago

Sounds similar to the drum tracks of a few Gottlieb street level games, namely Silver Slugger, Vegas and Hoops.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-identify-pinball-music-sampled-in-a-manic-street-preachers-song and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.