5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Stretch7
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ball eater (resized).JPG
    IMG_2088 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2089 (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

I recently did a parts purchase on a bunch of nos and used parts and so far i have come across a couple im not sure what its from.

The one looks like a specific coil and bracket with a smallt diameter plunger posibbly for smaller balls

The other one i believe is part of a test rig but if someone can conform that.

IMG_2089 (resized).jpgIMG_2089 (resized).jpgIMG_2088 (resized).jpgIMG_2088 (resized).jpg
    #2 5 years ago

Sunday bump

#3 5 years ago

The coil looks like it might be used as a knocker or chime unit. Possibly even a drop target knockdown assembly.

The display looks like something I've seen on an off brand euro machine I saw on ipdb. I don't recall what the brand it name is.

#4 5 years ago

The coil looks like the release coil from a ball eater used in Data East Secret Service or the cheese block in Williams Mousin' Around.

The circuitboard is interesting. It look likes a test rig for testing early (6 digits used) Bally 2518-17/35 or Stern M100 CPU boards connected to J1 and J4. Never seen anything like this. Are there any marks on it revealing the brand?

Marco

#5 5 years ago

Thanks for the input guys.

The boards is kurs-Kasch and after some research on them I think it is part of a test rig.
    Unfortunately the coil assembly has no numbers or markings but I’ll have a snoop on manuals for games you mentioned and check it out

#6 5 years ago

ball eater (resized).JPGball eater (resized).JPG

The small coil visible in the upper part of the picture.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Stretch7:

Thanks for the input guys.
    The boards is kurs-Kasch and after some research on them I think it is part of a test rig.
    Unfortunately the coil assembly has no numbers or markings but I’ll have a snoop on manuals for games you mentioned and check it out

The Bally MPU Test board for the Kurz-Kasch Universal tester/TF-650. I used to work with one when I worked for a route operator in the early '80's.
    Also had their Signature II signature analyzer. Jim Snead and George Mat were the guys heading up the little video and pin service tool division.
    Kurz-Kasch made solenoid assemblies for appliances and automotive applications as well as plastic knobs for appliances. Their main building was still there in Dayton with the signage within the last ten years. I think it's all gone now.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from MarAlb:

The small coil visible in the upper part of the picture.

Ok good i guess i can put that one to rest. Thank you

Quoted from MrBally:

The Bally MPU Test board for the Kurz-Kasch Universal tester/TF-650

Cool to know ....i guess i will just own a piece of pinball repair history now. Thanks

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-identify-a-couple-parts?hl=jeewiz13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.