Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Rdoyle1978
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

index (resized).jpg
0001398_100or-plastic-double-edge-general-purpose-100-blades_300 (resized).jpeg
09530A21-32C0-4671-80A3-BE0BE347C209 (resized).jpeg
19F2C3FF-B8E0-4A51-95DC-0C12B529CAE8 (resized).jpeg

#1 1 year ago

I was using some super glue to fix a metal guard rail on my play field that came loose. After I secured it I examined my play field and noticed what looked like a small bump near where I used the super glue. I am not 100% certain that it is super glue, so I don’t want to try to razor or sand it off. Anyone have any suggestions ? Included some pictures of the playfield.

09530A21-32C0-4671-80A3-BE0BE347C209 (resized).jpeg19F2C3FF-B8E0-4A51-95DC-0C12B529CAE8 (resized).jpeg
#2 1 year ago

You can try a little rubbing alcohol. If that doesn't work then its more than likely super glue and at that point its probably better to just count your losses and move on.

#3 1 year ago

Do not remove as much as you had to enlarge to show non issue what you end up with if you try and remove could be far worse

#4 1 year ago

I'd try a new sharp flat razor blade.

#5 1 year ago

I replied to dupe post with http://www.caglue.com/product.asp?itemid=35&cvsfa=4327&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=3331&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIq46ttYvc3AIVm0wNCh3OLgc1EAQYBCABEgLpyfD_BwE

a de-bonder that DOESN'T use acetone

Quoted from WolfManCat:

You can try a little rubbing alcohol. If that doesn't work then its more than likely super glue and at that point its probably better to just count your losses and move on.

good idea to check if actually super glue first

#6 1 year ago

Ill buy ur DM for $50 bucks!

#7 1 year ago

Acetone has been known to dissolve super glue.

#8 1 year ago

Super glue remover:

amazon.com link »

They call it debonder.
It works pretty good.

Or acetone.

#9 1 year ago

Just like that stuff, doesn't stick where you want it but does everywhere else. I'd leave it alone for now if it were mine.

#10 1 year ago

I would leave it alone, maybe the ball will knock it off.

#11 1 year ago

You have to try and take that off using the dry method, get yourself some plastic razorblades and scrape it off gently. When you've got as much as you can get off get some of this Maguiar's Ultimate cut compound and polish it up again. You'll be fine just work slowly.

0001398_100or-plastic-double-edge-general-purpose-100-blades_300 (resized).jpegindex (resized).jpg
#12 1 year ago

Also give the freeze method a try it works for gum? Keyboard cleaner held upside down sprays out freeze spray, let it take hold for a few seconds then try and pop it off with the plastic razoeblade.

#14 1 year ago

Most of those products is mostly acetone which may craze or eat into that plastic insert.

The product I linked above uses like a nitromethane solution (racing fuel) that is said to not harm plastic

...for the beater tables I have I would probably use the off the shelf "goof-off" sparingly

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from chas10e:

Most of those products is mostly acetone which may craze or eat into that plastic insert.
The product I linked above uses like a nitromethane solution (racing fuel) that is said to not harm plastic
...for the beater tables I have I would probably use the off the shelf "goof-off" sparingly

Or just scrape it off the clearcoat with a brand new razor blade as Bryan Kelley recommended.

Ball running over it will release the residue in a short time.

Jmho...

1 year later
#16 4 months ago

@jugood20 So, what did you end up doing and how did it work? I have a playfield with some super glue as well and wanted to see if you had any recommendations.

#17 4 months ago
Quoted from tjprice222:

@jugood20 So, what did you end up doing and how did it work? I have a playfield with some super glue as well and wanted to see if you had any recommendations.

I recently removed some Super Glue from a playfield with some Acetone that I bought at a nearby Lowe's. I did it slowly by applying the Acetone to a Q-tip and rubbing the Super Glue off. I'd keep swapping Q-tips to keep fresh Acetone on the Super Glue, and I had a rag handy to blot anything dry that needed it. Within 10 minutes I had all the Super Glue off and there was no playfield damage. This was on a newer Stern playfield, a result of a paint/chip repair due to the pooling/blistering issue. Acetone may affect different clear coats / lacquer differently, so I'd test in an inconspicuous area first, like under the apron.

#18 4 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Or just scrape it off the clearcoat with a brand new razor blade as Bryan Kelley recommended.
Ball running over it will release the residue in a short time.
Jmho...

Make sure it’s a plastic razor blade to start but this is the best option IMO

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
San Mateo, CA
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside