Help! I need to price my Twilight Zone

By mudcat

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

It's time to sell my beloved TZ, I have no idea what it's worth. It's been in storage for about 12 years and is never been modded. It is an earlier model 4/21/93 (white clock, green lock lamp, pink car/santa). There is no corrosion in the battery holder. The problems: It powered on and went through a check, but then the message board went blank (I checked the fuses and they were good on that board). It will need all new rubber bands etc. The ceramic ball is good, but the others need to be replaced. The translite board should probably be replaced. And it could use a good cleaning. This game is for somebody that knows how and wants to restore it. I am just wondering what it might be worth in it's current condition. I am located in the East Coast (Delaware) and easy day drive to NYC/Philadelphia/Baltimore/Washington.

#2 7 years ago

I have TZ and I have bought and sold many. It sounds like it wouldnt take much to get yours going however you really need to get it up and playing to get a decent price. I would give your local pinball tech a call and have him/her get it in shape for you so you can get the price.

#3 7 years ago

Probably 4.5k as it sits. That may be low

#4 7 years ago

Here are some pictures: www.imgur.com/a/JW6Rw

#5 7 years ago

Non-working in GREAT cosmetic shape $4k or so. If you can start it and play a game but the DMD stays blank probably $4500.
One near me a few months ago sat for months at $5300. Condition is key.

#6 7 years ago

I will stay at 4.5k. I see a good sized scratch on the of and lots of corrosion on the metal.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I will stay at 4.5k. I see a good sized scratch on the of and lots of corrosion on the metal.

If you're talking about the 'scratch' on Rod Serling's leg, it's actually a dog hair. I have a German Shepherd. When I saw that after you mentioned it I was wondering what caused tgat scratch as I never saw it before.

#8 7 years ago

I have a TZ. I agree that you should have it repaired and then sell it. Selling it as/is might bring $3500 - $4k. Get it working right and you're looking at $5500+

#9 7 years ago

Hah, I thought it was a giant gash as well. I would love to own a TZ again.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

lots of corrosion on the metal.

Are those wireforms available? I don't know how easy that rust is going to come off. Ramps too..

#11 7 years ago

Reseat the ribbon cables to see if anything improves. I think things will.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-i-need-to-price-my-twilight-zone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.