(Topic ID: 259086)

Help! I did something stupid to my expensive JJP's PoTC Invisiglass

By Kerry_Richard

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Clay-bar (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aukraut.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 4 years ago

Auto detailer and a clay bar will remove overspray from a car finish.

#14 4 years ago

If you look at the coating that I've seen on both JJP & Stern Invisiglass it looks exactly like the coating used to make optical lenses anti-reflective, which makes sense since it offers similar benefits. Any glass cleaner that isn't abrasive, ammonia, or petroleum based should work fine on it. I'd use a combo of the Sparkle with either a plastic razor blade or an automotive clay bar if it were my glass.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I just got off the phone with Technical support at JJP. They said nothing will remove it and anything I use will damage the coating that makes it Invisible. That coating is on top of glass. This is going to be an expensive mistake

At this point you are really in a no win situation, I'd start the least aggressive with the Sparkle and plastic blade, then Sparkle and Clay Bar....

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

I think with how he described the incident and the distance the pin was from his spraying that most of the spray may have already dried a bit before landing on the glass. I doubt any chemical adhesion has taken place.

Exactly, and for this the high end car detailing industry uses a clay bar & detailing spray to remove that overspray on cars that cost 10x as much any pin.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aukraut.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-i-did-something-stupid-to-my-expensive-jjp-s-potc-invisiglass-?tu=aukraut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.