Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by ianwho
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 13 years ago

Have to make a quick decision whether to puchase HS2 or WCS before this weekend. This will be my first pin and must be family friendly. WCS seems like it would be awfully fun for the kids (I had a great time scoring goals and moving through cities, etc) but HS2 seems like a really fast, fun game. Anything you guys have to add may help sway me one way or the other. I can get HS2 for $1200 or WCS for $1300. Thanks!!!

#2 13 years ago

I like WCS a little better then HS2 plus it's more family friendly. Can't go wrong with both pins. If you were going to re-sell the pin after awhile i might go with the HS2. The theme is much more popular.

#3 13 years ago

Geebus we hate these questions .. resale value it's HS2 .. personal preference is in your court. Are these the last lowest prices you can negotiate ? WCS won't be popular in the US.

#4 13 years ago

I thought I was going to hate WCS when I played it. I hate the art and I hate the theme. I ended up thinking the game was really good and if I can like a soccer themed pinball it must be.

If you like the art/theme I'd go WCS.

#5 13 years ago

Just talked the HS2 down to $1100. It's in excellent shape - husband is an electrician (but I'm dealing with the wife who wants it cleared out now that their kids are in college). Looks like I'm going with the HS2 unless the WCS comes down -- in which case I might just buy both and face the wrath of my wife!

#6 13 years ago

You need them both.

#7 13 years ago

Ya both would be good.

#8 13 years ago

Tell her they are just too good of a deal to pass up and you plan on selling the one you don't like later down the road. "Later" could be decades but she doesn't have to know that.

#9 13 years ago

your just going to want another in a couple weeks anyway. Welcome to the obsession I mean hobby. (are you all ready checking craigslist more than once a day?

#10 13 years ago

What condition is the HS2?

How red is the cabinet side art? Are the plastics intact? Those two things seem to be the things that get worn on the machine. Usually HS2 you will find faded almost to white sideart, with tons of broken plastics.

Is the machine firing up with no errors?

Great price on the HS2 to boot. A must buy if none of those issues come up.

WCS is another great pin, if you decide on that one too.

#11 13 years ago

Thanks everyone! Drove 2-plus hours each way to pick up the HS2. Checked it out when I got then and it had more issues then I was led to believe. Pretty dirty, but should clean up and I talked the price down further. I'm guessing it needs new rubber and flipper springs and quite a few lights were out. The playfield is in good shape, with some wear around the kickout hole. Also, looks like someone tried to scrub the top of the supercharger "engine block" and took off some of the chrome paint, which I assume I can repaint sometime in the future. The siren light lights up, but isn't turning. I had hoped to pick up a clean machine to start with, but looks like I'm getting dirty starting tomorrow. A quick cleaning of the playfield before my daughter's birthday party, and then I'll need to start my first restoration.

And ... I really do want both machines... but my wife will kill me ... someone call the police if I don't post again within the next three days!

#12 13 years ago

Also -- for those of you who don't know, there is a site (www.crazedlist.org) that allows you to search multiple craigslists cities within your state as well as multiple states and international. Incredibly useful when scouring craigslist for deals! However, you have to use Firefox and it will prompt you to change the config settings on Firefix to allow it to check multiple listings. But its a time saver for the addict ... I mean hobbyist.

#13 13 years ago

Craiglook is also an excellent craigslist search website. Lets you search up to 250 miles away from a zipcode or city. I check it daily. Plus, no configuration issues in FireFox

#14 13 years ago

I actually enjoy cleaning up machines. You get to learn the in's and out's of your playfield, and what you need to do when its time to eventually clean it during your normal pinball maintenance routine.

Burn Rubber hole you can get a cliffy protector. Might cover up the wear, and will protect it from further wear. Will also probably help from the ball falling out when its supposed to be locked (common problem with HSII).
http://www.passionforpinball.com/HS2.htm

You will want to get new rubbers, and probably rebuild the flippers if needed. You can order the rubber ring kits by game title, so just do a search under HSII or Getaway.

Also make sure to add High Speed II: The Getaway to your collection, pdxpinduck. It won't be the only machine you will own. Trust people on the forum. We all tell ourselves the first pin will be sufficient. Before you know it, the pins end up multiplying. You turn into a construction foreman in your home, trying to find out more room for more pins.

#15 13 years ago

I owned both at the same time, and I would pick the WCS94 all day long.

#16 13 years ago

You going to make an HD video for your Fish Tales tomdotcom? Your BSD HD-vid is one of my favs online.

#17 13 years ago

I dunno, maybe, I just finished shopping my Swords of Fury as well, there are alot of Fishtales videos already, so I wasn't going to do one. But maybe I will, depends how bored I get haha. Thanks for the compliment

#18 13 years ago

The worst is when you start trying to figure out how to get some pins and keep them at your friends and families houses.

#19 13 years ago

So true donjagra my No Fear has been at my friends since I got TOTAN.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 20.00
4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Trade
5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-hs2-or-wcs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.