Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lockdownbar 002.jpg
lockdownbar 001.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Had one given to me from a barn find. hod do I remove the playfield glass to get into it?

#2 9 years ago

Open coin door, look to right side or along the top edge, look for any handle or anything the pulls or moves to unlock the lock down bar.

LTG : )™

#3 9 years ago

Open up the front coin door.
Reach in and slide the lockdown bar lever near the top righthand inside the game towards the left.
Remove lockdown bar and slide glass off carefully.

#4 9 years ago

I did not see a handle. This has the .10 cent coin slot in the lock down bar. any other options?

#5 9 years ago

After you open the coin door you should see a bar on the right side of the opened coin door hanging down.Pull that bar to the left to release the lockdown bar.
lockdownbar 001.jpglockdownbar 001.jpg
lockdownbar 002.jpglockdownbar 002.jpg

#6 9 years ago

I have nothing that looks like that
Thanks for the pics but it isn't there. Any other options used

#7 9 years ago

Instead of a lockdown bar, they may have just used two small bolts. Check to see if there is a small bolt and nut hanging down from the lockbar. A lot of older Gottlieb's used this method. After you get the lockbar off and the playfield glass removed, you may discover that the playfield is actually screwed from the top down. It won't lift up until you remove the 6-8 screws holding it down. Good luck.

#8 9 years ago

Post a pic of what your game has (lockdown bar, inside the coin door, etc.)

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-how-to-remove-play-field-glass-on-60s-palooka and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.