New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 227485)

Help - How do I install PinGraffix PowerBladez on AFM?

By Time

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Time
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 5.26.31 PM (resized).png
IMG_0086 (resized).JPG
IMG_0085 (resized).png

#1 2 years ago

So I ordered my @PINGRAFFIX power blades. I have the power supply that came with a 9 pin connector (only two wires used). I have the blades and conneting ribbon wire. Nothing else. It looks like the power supply requires mains voltage. Where does this 9 pin connect plug into on #AFM? This is supposed to be plugin and play right? I don't see any 9 pin connectors this size anywhere in the game.

The help guides on their website only show other games and show different connectors. So I'm thinking this version must be specific for AFM.

What am I missing? My game weird or is something wrong?

Thanks,
- Time

IMG_0085 (resized).png

#2 2 years ago

HI Jason
Sorry we are currently at the Chicago Pinball expo. If you have a classic AFM no re-import, that 9 hole molex should plug directly into the dollar bill validator. However, if your game is reimported that its possible it does not have one.
In that case will give you another setup.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

HI Jason
Sorry we are currently at the Chicago Pinball expo. If you have a classic AFM no re-import, that 9 hole molex should plug directly into the dollar bill validator. However, if your game is reimported that its possible it does not have one.
In that case will give you another setup.

The coin door may possibly be the only place I didn't check. I don't have a bill validator installed but I'll check the door for the wiring when I get home tonight.

#4 1 year ago

joeraptor2003 this is what connections I have on the left side of the cabinet. I don't see a 9 pin connector over there.

IMG_0086 (resized).JPG
#5 1 year ago

Jason
I am trying to figure out if you have a remake or the original classic from BALLY/Williams..can you clarify please?
Thanks
joe

#6 1 year ago

Following. I bought these too and can’t figure it out.

#7 1 year ago

I've got an AfMReSpec and want to install these, but really want to see what's involved in installation before dropping $300.

#8 1 year ago

i dare you to center your tilt bob

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

I've got an AfMReSpec and want to install these, but really want to see what's involved in installation before dropping $300.

I'm sure Joe will chime in, but it's a simple install on the remake, two spade connections on the main power supply. All you need is a Philips screwdriver.

#10 1 year ago

Thanks Rob
So if you have a Remake edition.. this is how it should hook up to your machine.

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 5.26.31 PM (resized).png
#11 1 year ago

If you have an original Classic: Then you should have a connetor on your box that looks like this:
https://images.pinside.com/2/f6/2f64b0682e6299d8d42d0771bc2e1b81dc3f203a/resized/large/2f64b0682e6299d8d42d0771bc2e1b81dc3f203a.png

pasted_image (resized).png

This plugs into the Dollar bill Validator cable that should be located on the coin door when you open or on the inside of the cabinet on the left side near the tilt bob area.

One exception. If you have a reimport this connector usualy does not exsist.
In that situation we usually send a standard plug connector that plugs into the service outlet.

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from Time:

joeraptor2003 this is what connections I have on the left side of the cabinet. I don't see a 9 pin connector over there.
[quoted image]

I belive you may have been sent the wrong connector for your machine but just waiting to hear back from you on your specfic model.

1 month later
#13 1 year ago

Jason, you are right, the help guides are pretty much useless. I connected mine the way they told you and the power supply went up in smoke. I would like to hear your experiences. I should have posted to pinside for help, I guess because when I tried contacting the company for support I never got through. Good luck.

4 weeks later
#14 1 year ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

I belive you may have been sent the wrong connector for your machine but just waiting to hear back from you on your specfic model.

joeraptor2003 I have an original game. It's been fully restored but its not a new remake. I don't have any 9 pin connectors like that anywhere in the game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 47.95
Lighting - Interactive
MicksPinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside