• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8FFEFA14-1AC9-4809-AD44-667C74DBFA25 (resized).jpeg
#1 1 year ago

Hi everyone,
I am trying to help a friend with a basket case Hollywood Heat Game. The Wiring was a mess when I got it (too many homebrew fixes) so now I am trying to go part by part to get this thing working.

I got the game to semi boot, it starts up, has the normal “I think” display and lets me start a game. That’s when things get weird. It try’s to start but no ball is ejected, and it freezes with “the heat is on” on the display. The siren also plays and then sort of dies. I have a video of it but don’t know how to attach it to pinside. I would love to get this game out of my garage and back to my buddies house!

Please help

8FFEFA14-1AC9-4809-AD44-667C74DBFA25 (resized).jpeg8FFEFA14-1AC9-4809-AD44-667C74DBFA25 (resized).jpeg
#2 1 year ago

Ok I was able to get the game to start, I think the issues are connector related but who knows for sure. I will post back if I can find something specific.

1 month later
#3 1 year ago

jamieflowers - Kinda on late on the reply and you may have figured it out already, but check your outhole through switch.

If there is no ball detected in the outhole or that switch is stuck or broken that likely be your issue. Unless it’s upstream on the wire or connector.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
Machine - For Sale
Sturgeon Bay, WI
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-hollywood-heat-acting-strange- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.