• Latest reply 4 years ago by cjchand
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2575C65A-DDF5-4075-A584-462B4A77F461 (resized).jpeg

#1 4 years ago

Hoping for some help with a problem I'm having with my High Speed. So I can't get the ball to consistently make the upper loop when plunging the ball from the shooter lane. Sometimes it makes it and sometimes it just smacks into the side of the ramp just past the second diverter. I've tried adjusting the trajectory where it leaves the shooter lane and a few different strength plunger springs but no luck...at this point I'm wondering if I should just buy the Freeplay40 replacement and see if that helps. Any help would be much appreciated. Here's a link to a video showing the problem:

#2 4 years ago

Do you have a (not totally worn out) red spring on the shooter rod? That looks to be moving really slow compared to mine.

1 week later
#3 4 years ago

Hey there. I had the same problem and it turned out that the plunger assembly (that holds the actual plunger) wasn't secured properly in the cabinet.

Just had to take out the lockdown bar and glass and then tighten the screws that hold the assembly into the cabinet.

After that the plunger was hitting the ball correctly and it nails the ramp 95% of the time.

Let me know how you make out. I can take pictures if you need them.

#4 4 years ago

cjchand is correct too... I have pretty heavy springs on my current High Speed and the ball *flies* up the ramp.

#5 4 years ago

One other thing just occurred to me. When you do a full plunge, does the rod stop immediately? Or does it very visibly spring back and forth?

Reason I ask: I once changed out the small spring between the plunger knob and the plunger, at which point it acted like I had a really weak spring. I saw that it was rapidly, visibly oscillating when I plunged (think: “boing”, like a Saturday morning cartoon). I swapped it back to the original spring and saw that, while it oscillated a very small amount, it more or less made a “thunk” when it finished the plunge and didn’t really move after that.

The old spring was really hard to compress by hand, but the new one could be squished about halfway.

Hopefully I’m making sense here

PS: Added a pic of the two springs to illustrate the difference

2575C65A-DDF5-4075-A584-462B4A77F461 (resized).jpeg2575C65A-DDF5-4075-A584-462B4A77F461 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-high-speed-driving-me-nuts?hl=gbsouth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.