Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by davebart5
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I recently acquired my first pin, a childhood favorite of mine - a Haunted House. It works well, but does have a few minor issues. The most notable is that the lightning effect in the backbox doesn't happen. Also, the upstairs window that is supposed to occasionally flash, doesn't.

I've checked the Sound Board DIPs 3/4 and they are set to ON/OFF, which should mean that the attract mode triggers every 10 seconds. Also, the lamp that lights the eyes of the raven, and one just to the lower right of the house, is always on. From what I've seen on other games and videos online, I don't think this is right. All of the sound effects and playfield lights cycle, so attract mode seems otherwise OK.

Note that this game has the Ni-Wumf System-80 CPU upgrade. Also, when I first picked up this machine, I noticed that many of the lamps in the backbox for the lightning area were missing. I replaced them all with #47s. Was that a mistake??

Here's a quick video I captured, for reference, of how it looks now:

*note that it is still being processed by YouTube and might need an hour or so before its up

Any ideas on what I might try?

#2 8 years ago

Bump. Anyone have ideas on what's going on here?

#3 8 years ago

There are two very specific locations for #455 lamps, where the rest of the behind the backglass area is #47's. I believe the locations are what you describe as the crow and the window blinkers. I would remove those #47's you have there in those locations and buy these.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-0455

Not sure why your lightning isn't working, but probably has something to do with your board which controls the lightning effects. It sits on the back of the panel that holds all of the lights for the backglass.

THe other issues I'm not 100% sure about. I literally brought my first pin home last week, a Haunted House, but mine is a nice looking project. I am in the process of ripping it apart as we speak and getting to know the lay of the land. It actually has helped me know the game's mechanics really well by taking almost everything off the playfields and cabinet for a super deep cleaning and then doing the mods and bug fixes. Follow my thread here as I am trying to document my progress and ways of doing it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bringing-a-haunted-house-back-to-life

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-haunted-house-attract-mode-wo-lightning and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.