(Topic ID: 182952)

Help, Gottlieb Sys 80 lamp test issue

By Troyster42

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Troyster42.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hi all, I’m in a bind here and not sure what is wrong and help will gladly be appreciated. I have a Gottlieb sys 80 Mars God of War. When I go to test 16 to do the lamp test I am getting to me really odd results. First its starts off pulsing each Lamp twice, I’m not sure of that’s normal or not, I would thank not. It will do the Q relay , then the Tilt rely, the coin out relay all two times each. Now it does the ramp holds that on and about a half a second later the ball release engages. Then the ramp will disengage and about a half second later the ball release will do the same. This will keep repeating for a long time until they stay on and I have to turn of the machine. Now when it starts engaging the ramp all of the lights start like its in attract mode too. Up until this part no extra ball lights or shoot again lights have come on, I think they are L2, and L3. Now with all of the lights flashing they are working as well. When I turn the machine on none of the extra ball or shoot again lights are on, after looking at some videos I think that is normal for those lights not to be on in attract mode. I have replaced Q1,Q3,Q4,Q13 and Q42 on the Driver board as they tested bad. I hope some one has an idea what could be the issue or where to look.

Thanks in advance.

#3 7 years ago

Thanks, any idea whats going on when I try and run the Lamp test?

#4 7 years ago

I'm wondering if what I am seeing is how this test should go, and I am just not waiting long enough for the coils to disengage? In the manual it says the two relays are pulsed and the coin lock out, then all the lamps, ball release ramp and right ball launch are sequentially turned on. This is what its doing minus the right ball launch. I was thinking it would just turn one lamp on then off and move on instead of doing them like a wave over and over. Can someone confirm this?

#6 7 years ago

Thanks, CNKay I have been beating my head in the wall trying to figure what was going on, then I looked at the test a different way and thought this could be what is expected. This is my first Gottlieb pin and I wasn't sure what to expect, like you said other manufactures tests seem to be a lot more detailed. Not to got the one top right coil repaired and I should be up and running.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Troyster42.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-gottlieb-sys-80-lamp-test-issue?tu=Troyster42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.