(Topic ID: 158705)

Help!! Gottlieb Silver Slugger System 3 Fuse Issue

By canoncitypb

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider canoncitypb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I just bought a silver slugger. The right flipper coil was burned and the F8 fuse for the solenoids was burned. I replaced the coil and the fuse which is an 8a slo blo. The game will power on and start a game. I can play with the left flipper, but if i touch the right flipper the fuse blows and the game ends. I can't tell what is blowing the fuse. I have the manual/schematics, but they don't identify which transistor on the solenoid board goes to the coil. I pulled the board and tested all of the transistors. They all tested fine. There is a row of transistors Q33 - Q44 which are marked as 12P08 on the board but are actually 12P06 in the schematics. I figured these went to the lights which don't seem to have an issue. I don't get readings when I try to test this row. All of the 12N10L transistors test fine with the black probe on the center and the red probe on the outer legs each outer leg is in the 500s (diode setting on DMM) I don't get anything on the 12P08s.

I tested the bridge rectifiers and all of the resistors on the solenoid board.

I really don't know where to look next to figure out why the right flipper isn't working and the fuse keeps blowing.

I feel like since everything else works except the right flipper this should be a fairly easy fix. It is frustrating to be so close to playing, but not be able to play

Please Help!! I really want to play the game!!

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Is the coil wired right ?

Okay, there is a chance the coil was wired backwards. I looked at the other coil and tried to match the wiring. If you sit the coil on a table with the lugs at the bottom, I wired the end of stroke switch wire (white with green stripe) and the white grey and red wire to the right lug. I wired the other end of stroke to the center lug (it was there before) and the two white wires with red and black stripes to the left lug. That is the way it looks on the other coil. I originally just rewired the new coil the way the burned out coil was wired assuming it was correct.

However, it still burned the fuse. I can't find these 8A slo blo fuses anywhere. I paid like $14 for 5 of them and I'm down to two now.

Any other ideas?

1 week later
#4 7 years ago

Thanks for sending me in the right direction. I finally was able to wire it correctly and it now works. That is the last time i'll assume something was done correctly by a previous owner.

thanks for your help LTG.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider canoncitypb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-gottlieb-silver-slugger-system-3-fuse-issue?tu=canoncitypb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.