Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Pauz21
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pauz21.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Ok.. so I sold a Gottlieb drop a card I owned for a couple years. The guy who bought it is a non collector a couple hours away. and when he got it home it didn't work. I know it's a private sale and it worked when it left but i dont want to screw anyone so I drove out and spent some time in it. Couple things must have shifted In transport because I found a few things I adjusted and it's good except for one major issue. When you push the start button it resets correctly but when the reset finishes 9 times out of 10 the game over relay trips rather than spitting out ball one.

I had that issue when I owned it but it was maybe 1 out of 20 times it would do it.

If I open it up and flip the relay bank reset bar by hand it almost never trips the game over relay. Yet the start button does it almost always. I'm here till sat night. Really hoping for some ideas that might make this game playable before I head home.

Thx guys.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinbee:

Have you examined the slam switch mounted behind the start button switch? I think if it's somehow getting opened at start-up, the start sequence completes but then goes to game over. Had a similar behavior once with a game that had been moved,turned out the tilt bob was making contact.

Hmmm... possible I guess. There’s a lot of coils that fire on reset so it’s a fairly “violent” reset. I don’t think the tilt bob is contacting... cause the it goes to game over and not tilt but it’s possible. I’ll try to check it out.

Thanks. I’m in town for a few more hours so I’ll gladly take any other suggestions.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinbee:

Have you examined the slam switch mounted behind the start button switch? I think if it's somehow getting opened at start-up, the start sequence completes but then goes to game over. Had a similar behavior once with a game that had been moved,turned out the tilt bob was making contact.

Any idea where all the slam switches are?

There’s one by the score motor. One under the playfield. One by the tilt bob. And I’m sure there’s one on the coin door but I don’t have it in front of me.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Vintage-Pinball:

It's on the switch stack behind the start/replay button.
Be aware that there is mains voltage on that switch stack

Appreciate the heads up. I checked them all. All the tilt switches are good. Even tested them open and closed.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

I don't have the DAC schematic, but in looking at my Aquarius it looks possible that the make/break on the reset relay could trip Game Over if not adj. correctly.

Could something on the tilt relay trip it. I recorded a video on you tube with the notion to post it here. Notice on the video a spark on the tilt relay just before the game over trips.

#11 5 years ago

Sorry for some reason there’s no audio.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

If you press in on the plunger to the reset coil is there enough travel for the bank to reset? Do not press on the reset bank arm, press in on the plunger from the coil. If not adjust as needed. Just a thought.

Should be good now. I did have an issue with that before. The plunger was binding and not returning to rest position so I adjusted it. Moves freely and fully now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pauz21.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-gottlieb-drop-a-card?tu=Pauz21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.