Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pauz21
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 months ago

Ok.. so I sold a Gottlieb drop a card I owned for a couple years. The guy who bought it is a non collector a couple hours away. and when he got it home it didn't work. I know it's a private sale and it worked when it left but i dont want to screw anyone so I drove out and spent some time in it. Couple things must have shifted In transport because I found a few things I adjusted and it's good except for one major issue. When you push the start button it resets correctly but when the reset finishes 9 times out of 10 the game over relay trips rather than spitting out ball one.

I had that issue when I owned it but it was maybe 1 out of 20 times it would do it.

If I open it up and flip the relay bank reset bar by hand it almost never trips the game over relay. Yet the start button does it almost always. I'm here till sat night. Really hoping for some ideas that might make this game playable before I head home.

Thx guys.

#2 5 months ago

Have you examined the slam switch mounted behind the start button switch? I think if it's somehow getting opened at start-up, the start sequence completes but then goes to game over. Had a similar behavior once with a game that had been moved,turned out the tilt bob was making contact.

#3 5 months ago
Quoted from Pinbee:

Have you examined the slam switch mounted behind the start button switch? I think if it's somehow getting opened at start-up, the start sequence completes but then goes to game over. Had a similar behavior once with a game that had been moved,turned out the tilt bob was making contact.

Hmmm... possible I guess. There’s a lot of coils that fire on reset so it’s a fairly “violent” reset. I don’t think the tilt bob is contacting... cause the it goes to game over and not tilt but it’s possible. I’ll try to check it out.

Thanks. I’m in town for a few more hours so I’ll gladly take any other suggestions.

#4 5 months ago
Quoted from Pinbee:

Any idea where all the slam switches are?

There’s one by the score motor. One under the playfield. One by the tilt bob. And I’m sure there’s one on the coin door but I don’t have it in front of me.

#5 5 months ago

It's on the switch stack behind the start/replay button.
Be aware that there is mains voltage on that switch stack

#6 5 months ago
Quoted from Classicpinballs:

It's on the switch stack behind the start/replay button.
Be aware that there is mains voltage on that switch stack

Appreciate the heads up. I checked them all. All the tilt switches are good. Even tested them open and closed.

#7 5 months ago

I don't have the DAC schematic, but in looking at my Aquarius it looks possible that the make/break on the reset relay could trip Game Over if not adj. correctly.

#8 5 months ago
Quoted from currieddog:

I don't have the DAC schematic, but in looking at my Aquarius it looks possible that the make/break on the reset relay could trip Game Over if not adj. correctly.

Could something on the tilt relay trip it. I recorded a video on you tube with the notion to post it here. Notice on the video a spark on the tilt relay just before the game over trips.

#9 5 months ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

I recorded a video on you tube with the notion to post it here.

What is the link?

On Aquarius again, I see a make/break reset relay sw. that goes thru a NO tilt relay sw. that leads into Game Over. The banks are a pisser to work on, but get in and check your Reset relay switches thoroughly.

#10 5 months ago

I've just done a Gtb Playball. One odd fault on it sounds very similar to yours. I could play 6 odd games, and it reset perfectly. Then, for no apparent reason, it would tilt and game over would light. I had the relay bank out and checked it over and over again yet it would continue to really kick and stutter on the reset bar yet if tipped over, was fine.

I then studied it doing this failt and watched inside and noticed the hold relay would spark exactly at the same time as the bar stuttered. Now, I looked at the schematic and saw that it was powered from this but discounted it because the game worked and I had replaced its coil too.
However, when I pressed the hold relay armature in a little whilst pressing the start button, it reset perfectly. So, the switch on the hold relay wasn't making enough good contact to adequately give a smooth power feed to the reset bank, and that's why it played up. It might be worth taking a look!

#11 5 months ago

Sorry for some reason there’s no audio.

#12 5 months ago

If you press in on the plunger to the reset coil is there enough travel for the bank to reset? Do not press on the reset bank arm, press in on the plunger from the coil. If not adjust as needed. Just a thought.

#13 5 months ago
Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

If you press in on the plunger to the reset coil is there enough travel for the bank to reset? Do not press on the reset bank arm, press in on the plunger from the coil. If not adjust as needed. Just a thought.

Should be good now. I did have an issue with that before. The plunger was binding and not returning to rest position so I adjusted it. Moves freely and fully now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 119.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 14.95
$ 69.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside