(Topic ID: 162075)

GOAL ACHIEVED: Help get LTG to Pintastic 2016!!!

By beelzeboob

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 121 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpg
    pasted_image_(resized).png
    beelzeboob_awesome_fundraiser_(resized).png
    beelze-dunking_booth__(resized).jpg
    beelze-fundraiser-dunk_tank_(resized).jpg
    highkickinthenuts_(resized).jpg
    FlippinSweet-Napoleon_(resized).jpg
    download_(resized).jpg
    There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 7 years ago

I've started a gofundme drive to help cover the cost of Lloyd Olsen's airfare and hotel so that he can attend Pintastic 2016. Please donate - the goal is very small, only $950, and a few people have donated already. (Thanks very much, Whridlsoncestood and ForceFlow for your donations ALREADY. And I kicked in $20, so thank me very much!)

The link can be found here, and thanks in advance for your support:

http://www.gofundme.com/2984d8qs

PS - I'm doing this because having Lloyd at the show makes it better - his tech seminar is a great help to a lot of people.

#2 7 years ago

PS - Getting the dog and cheese pump there are extra, so screw that.

#3 7 years ago

Having Lloyd at Pintastic last year was a blast. Let's do it again

#4 7 years ago

I'm missing something here , is Lloyd broke and cannot afford to go there himself? I suggest donating to other causes

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

I'm missing something here , is Lloyd broke and cannot afford to go there himself? I suggest donating to other causes

I agree.. I didn't realize Lloyd was broke. JJP needs to pay him more.

#6 7 years ago

I donated $1,000 to the Orlando victims GoFundMe account over the weekend , also a local 21 year old girl who recently found out she has leukemia . How about using your money for that ?

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

How about using your money for that ?

I already donated to another worthy cause today.

download_(resized).jpgdownload_(resized).jpg

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

I donated $1,000 to the Orlando victims GoFundMe account over the weekend , also a local 21 year old girl who recently found out she has leukemia . How about using your money for that ?

What you choose (or not) to toss a couple of bucks to is your prerogative. Plenty of worthy causes out there.

This is just for someone who contributes a lot to the pinball community, and helping bring him out to Pintastic is easily worth the price of a couple of beers, IMHO.

But, since I see you're in Arkansas, I'm guessing you won't be attending the event (but you're welcome to come! )

#9 7 years ago

Wait wait wait....someone in AR has $1,000 ??

#10 7 years ago

Wow...that's all I can say to the above posts. I donate to St. Jude, but I never played that card when people were looking for money for things that I considered lesser causes. I kicked in and helped. Apples to oranges here, I think, but to each his own.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

I'm missing something here , is Lloyd broke and cannot afford to go there himself?

I can't afford to go this year, travel and room and closing for two days. Pintastic provided me with room and travel last year to be a speaker. They want different speakers every year so they chose others this year.

Gabe approached me that some people offered to chip in to get me there, If I'd be interested. I told him if they could get the air fare and room, I'd close for two days and be there.

Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

I suggest donating to other causes

Please, if anyone has more worthwhile causes do so. Pintastic will be a great show with or without me.

LTG : )

#12 7 years ago

Graffiti recently added to local water tower reads ->

Save LTG

#13 7 years ago

After sleeping on it, I realized the shitstarter in this thread was somebody new to Pinside who delights in crapping on threads (found a few other gems in other threads). The word for him starts with a T and rhymes with "roll." (Check out his thumbs up/down ratio!) I'm just surprised a well-respected member of Pinside jumped on the bandwagon.

Bump for the morning crowd...

#14 7 years ago

HEY JEFFPINS12 !!!!!

DONT GET PERSONAL. IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO HELP THATS UP TO YOU.

WE REALLY DON'T CARE WHAT YOU DONATE TO.

BUT DON'T CALL LLOYD LOOKING FOR HELP.

LIFE IS NOT FREE AND HE HELPS EVERYONE FOR FREE FOR THE LOVE OF THE HOBBY

#15 7 years ago

This is a more worthy go fund me then the guy that had his backpack snatched from the arcade and wanted Pinsiders to fund his lost cell phone and Ipad.

Couldn't not find the linky though

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mayboyz:

HEY JEFFPINS12 !!!!!
    DONT GET PERSONAL. IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO HELP THATS UP TO YOU.
    WE REALLY DON'T CARE WHAT YOU DONATE TO.
    BUT DON'T CALL LLOYD LOOKING FOR HELP.
    LIFE IS NOT FREE AND HE HELPS EVERYONE FOR FREE FOR THE LOVE OF THE HOBBY

I'm setting up a gofundme to replace Mayboyz broken keyboard.

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

After sleeping on it, I realized the shitstarter in this thread was somebody new to Pinside who delights in crapping on threads (found a few other gems in other threads). The word for him starts with a T and rhymes with "roll." (Check out his thumbs up/down ratio!) I'm just surprised a well-respected member of Pinside jumped on the bandwagon.

So people who are spending thousands of dollars on pinball machines rather than donating to [place any cause here] are going to join your thread to sling guilt-garbage around and tell you what you should do with your money?

Forget GoFundMe They should join a different "GoFu--Me".

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

So people who are spending thousands of dollars on pinball machines rather than donating to [place any cause here] are going to join your thread to sling guilt-garbage around and tell you what you should do with your money?

Apparently. I'm not sure the guy even knows who Lloyd is or what he's done for the hobby. If you don't want to donate, that's fine. I wasn't forcing anybody. But don't shit on my thread and convince others not to donate.

And I practice what I preach: I've donated to nearly every thread asking for money on this site.

#19 7 years ago

My keyboard is not broken Im just sick of a--holes on pinside

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mayboyz:

My keyboard is not broken Im just sick of a--holes on pinside

Now your S key doesn't work.

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Forget GoFundMe They should join a different "GoFu--Me".

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Now your S key doesn't work.

Go Fuss Me

#FunWithQuotes

#22 7 years ago

I know I will get flamed for this but here goes.

I've never spoken to Lloyd but I am aware of all that he does for the pinball community. From everything I know about him, he's a great guy and an asset to the community.

A year or two ago this same community came together to save his business, which was incredible. I don't know the financial effect of the "reboot" but from what I understand it had a great impact of the quality of his business. It was a dire situation and it was nice that the Pinside community came together to help him in a time of need.

Lloyd apparently works for free for several (for profit) companies (Jersey Jack included). Very noble - not sure why he needs to work for free but that's none of my business.

We all make choices in life, where to work, what to do with our free time etc.

Why does the community have to support Lloyd's lifestyle? How about getting a job that will pay you so that you don't have to continue to rely on handouts?

I did donate to Llyod's reboot but this just rubs me the wrong way.

If you want to take trips, vacations, buy things.....work for it. If that's not something you want to do, than accept the consequences.

You don't always have to have a hand out.

#23 7 years ago

Awesome. Thanks for that. Again, why people feel the need to shit on a thread is beyond me. I'll have to remember this going forward.

#24 7 years ago

Lloyd isn't asking for anything. This is a matter of a group of people who want him there encouraging him to come. Lloyd is a great guy and a pleasure to have. Anyone who has met him (and gotten mugged) would agree. Don't flame Lloyd for something others are doing because they want to spend time with the guy.

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Lloyd isn't asking for anything. This is a matter of a group of people who want him there encouraging him to come. Lloyd is a great guy and a pleasure to have. Anyone who has met him (and gotten mugged) would agree. Don't flame Lloyd for something others are doing because they want to spend time with the guy.

Amen, brother. There's not a whole lot of people who get their picture on the homepage of Pinside. God knows I keep askin'...

I started this to help Lloyd and to make Pintastic even better than it already is. Lloyd's seminar was one of the highlights of the show for me last year and I really wanted to help Lloyd to make it happen.

The reaction by some in this "community" is really starting to rub me the wrong way.

Yzfguy rubs me the right way, but I've vowed never to talk about that.

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yzfguy rubs me the right way, but I've vowed never to talk about that.

Goodnight everybody!

#27 7 years ago

EASY ONE... I'm in for $ 100... Shit, I owe that to him for all the gracious help he's provided to me and my customers as a JJP distributor... And just so you all know what Lloyd does... (and Frank at JJP too for that matter)... There have been times we had situations at some of the hospitals where we donated a WOZ and Lloyd made himself available AFTER 5pm, on WEEKENDS, to ensure the tech we had there at that time had the resources to do what he does. Whatever he's paid from JJP, it's not enough...

The guy does what he does and has for YEARS, on RGP years ago and now on Pinside for the love of the hobby and to help every single one of us... There's not a tech thread I go into that Lloyd doesn't have a post in there trying to help... Never sells anything, never asks for anything, just always there like a rock for everyone and anyone, whether he knows you or not...

Joe Newhart
    PinballSTAR Amusements

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

EASY ONE... I'm in for $ 100... Shit, I owe that to him for all the gracious help he's provided to me and my customers as a JJP distributor... And just so you all know what Lloyd does... (and Frank at JJP too for that matter)... There have been times we had situations at sone of the hospitals where we donated a WOZ and Lloyd made himself available AFTER 5pm, on WEEKENDS, to ensure the tech we had there at that time had the resources to do what he does. Whatever he's paid from JJP, it's not enough...
    The guy does what he does and has for YEARS, on RGP years ago and now on Pinside for the love of the hobby and to help every single one of us... There's not a tech thread I go into that Lloyd doesn't have a post in there trying to help... Never sells anything, never asks for anything, just always there like a rock for everyone and anyone, whether he knows you or not...
    Joe Newhart
    PinballSTAR Amusements

Amen. These kids don't remember the old RGP days. I'm not sure how many of the old games would still be around if it wasn't for LTG and Clay's guides. And with Lloyd it is not just what you see on-line. I never met him in person (saw him walk by at Pintastic but did not introduce myself), but is also a great guy in private email also. And it is not always pinball related.

#29 7 years ago

On a separate note, I'm starting a GoFundMe page so we can buy Beezleboob some new white socks that don't go up to his gonads... Please help spare everyone at Pintastic from having to witness this horrific sight...

(Love ya, Randy, thanks for always being on the good side of things)

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

sorry I suffer from PTSD from multiple Iraq tours , [visual descriptions removed by moderator--sorry, this really isn't the thread for it]

I apologize for my response I just think and say different things because I'm messed up in the head but love pinball it relaxes me and stops the crazy thoughts when I play sorry

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

On a separate note, I'm starting a GoFundMe page so we can buy Beezleboob some new white socks that don't go up to his gonads... Please help spare everyone at Pintastic from having to witness this horrific sight...

By the way Joe are you bringing Rob Zombie to the show? Weard you haven't registered it yet.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

EASY ONE... I'm in for $ 100... S

Thanks, Joe. You just earned two free passes to Beelzeboob's kissing booth at Pintastic, although I'm sure you won't be using them since you get that for free from me, anyway.

Quoted from PinballSTAR:

If Rcbrown wants to chime in here with one of his awesome pictures of me from Allentown to illustrate, I'm sure everybody would appreciate it.

Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

sorry I suffer from PTSD from multiple Iraq tours , [visuals removed by moderator--sorry, this really isn't the thread for it]
    I apologize for my response I just think and say different things because I'm messed up in the head but love pinball it relaxes me and stops the crazy thoughts when I play sorry

Thank you. I wish a lot more people on this forum would man up when they make a bad call (I've been known to send personal apologies via PM). And I totally understand PTSD. I'm a preschool teacher. I usually twitch by 3:30...

#33 7 years ago

I've chipped in. Lloyd is one of the ever-growing list of people that have helped me out (and continue to) by sharing their invaluable knowledge and experience, that I would love to meet in real life and buy a beer. I won't be at the expo, but there's a couple (in-flight) beers on me. Have fun guys!

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

Something I've learned to do (mostly), is to type up my knee-jerk response to a post & before I hit send, I delete it. If I'm compelled to type it again, well, I guess the world needs to hear my opinion, but I usually just move on to the next thread. Helps me come off as less of an asshole. A few snide responses still get through, though.

Quoted from kapper:

If you want to take trips, vacations, buy things.....work for it. If that's not something you want to do, than accept the consequences.

Quoted from yzfguy:

***Lloyd isn't asking for anything. This is a matter of a group of people who want him there encouraging him to come. Lloyd is a great guy and a pleasure to have. Anyone who has met him (and gotten mugged) would agree. Don't flame Lloyd for something others are doing because they want to spend time with the guy.***

#35 7 years ago

UPDATE ON THE FUNDRAISER: The total needed has been lowered to $600. Bob May and his son have generously offered to pay for Lloyd's flight. Thanks, Bob & Bob Jr.!!!

#36 7 years ago

Lloyd, Thanks for all you do for the hobby.

#37 7 years ago

No thanks are needed. He is a big part of pinball.

Both me and my son are very fortunate and lucky to be very good friends with him.

Now lets have a great show !!!!

#38 7 years ago

Thanks to Evan and Chuck for their generous donations, and I hope to meet you at the show!

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Quoted from jahbarron:

***Lloyd isn't asking for anything. This is a matter of a group of people who want him there encouraging him to come.

Thank you for this. Same with the refresh, I didn't ask for it. I was approached and asked if I would be willing. If it helps pinball, I'm in. And even when money is tight, I've given to many of the other causes here and in the community.

I do appreciate all that the community has done for me. Thank you.

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from kapper:

I would like to point out I didn't have my hand out.

I appreciate you helped Kris on the reboot. But please don't twist things around.

#41 7 years ago

Thanks to Scott for his generous donation.

And for clarification, this wasn't even LTG's idea. If you'd been following the Pintastic 2016 thread, somebody asked why Lloyd wasn't going to be there. I offered to start a fundraiser to help get him there, and would only do so with his blessing.

Not his idea, and I'm pretty sure--knowing Lloyd--that he's a little uncomfortable with the whole thing. I don't care. I love the guy, he taught me how to repair my own machines and gave me the courage to get under the hood and even rip the thing apart and do restorations.

Naysayers be damned. Full speed ahead...

#42 7 years ago

Lloyd lovers unite! (Ok...I really just want another mug)

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

..., he taught me how to repair my own machines and gave me the courage to get under the hood and even rip the thing apart ...

While I'm sure Lloyd is appreciative of your kind words and the effort you're taking. We've seen your repair skills. I don't think Lloyd wants credit for that.

#44 7 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

While I'm sure Lloyd is appreciative of your kind words and the effort you're taking. We've seen your repair skills. I don't think Lloyd wants credit for that.

LMAO!

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

-that he's a little uncomfortable with the whole thing.

Yes I am. Both people offering to chip in. And people twisting it into something it isn't.

Lloyd

#46 7 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Yes I am. Both people offering to chip in. And people twisting it into something it isn't.
    Lloyd

You should come to Pintastic and beat him up. We'll hold him for you (see boob, you really did give him reason to come)

#47 7 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

You should come to Pintastic and beat him up. We'll hold him for you (see boob, you really did give him reason to come)

Can't wait to meet you there. I'm gonna kick you in the nuts.

#48 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thanks to Scott for his generous donation.

Happy to help, just wish I could attend as well.....

#49 7 years ago

I'm in..........thanks for starting this boob.

#50 7 years ago
    Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

sorry I suffer from PTSD from multiple Iraq tours , [visual descriptions removed by moderator--sorry, this really isn't the thread for it]

welcome back brother. You made it through...no survivor guilt man, it'll kill ya. Enjoy Pinball man!

There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-get-ltg-to-pintastic-2016 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.