New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 279717)

HELP!! Game of Thrones LE flippers quit intermittantly during play

By Bluepilot

2 days ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by jitneystand1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 days ago

Although I've read past posts, I still haven't found a solution to a problem that arose a few weeks ago regarding flipper actuation on my GOT LE. --- The flippers will quit (sometimes one side, sometimes both sides {both upper and lower playfields}) while a multiball is in play. Usually and almost every time this happens is during multiball but sometimes (rarely) it will do it with just one ball in play. I've checked the flasher bulbs (555 LEDs) in the forward spotlights and replaced. I've flasher tested all the others with no problems seen. I've removed and reinstalled the 2 leads to the trough opto board as well.

And then, just last night, (not sure this is related, the speaker lights quit.

This game has an auxiliary power supply and the fuses look good. Can anything else be checked?

#2 2 days ago

Lift the playfield and check the connectors on the node board underneath. When my GOT pro flippers started behaving as you describe I found one of the connectors had worked it’s way nearly off of the prongs. Reseated it, never had that problem again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Sale Pending!
Omaha, NE
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside