Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by SilverUnicorn
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

airbornepegs2.jpg
airbornepegs1.jpg
P1070779.JPG
P1070778.JPG

#1 5 years ago

Went to play my Airborne and discovered the fly by ramp diverter is broken. Don't know how it happened and, looking over the game, it appears I have to take the entire ramp off to inspect and fix. This brings me to my question....

I realize Capcom cabinet hardward is designed so you can pull up and forward to bring the playfield out of the cabinet. I tried this before and found it was a bugger. The playfield wants to move left and right as you bring it up. I stopped at that point and didn't bring it fully out.

My questions....are the playfield support brackets build well enough that I can rest the playfield on them while I do my work? Any secret to getting the playfield up? Any better approach to work at the back of the playfield?

Any help greatly appreciated.

If anyone happens to have a Capcom part #A-00229 fire me an email. Initial search is coming up empty at the normal spots: Bay Area and Marco.

Thanks,
Duane

#2 5 years ago

On my PM I can pull the playfield out and straight up, no problem.

#3 5 years ago

Thanks pdman,

The assembly allows for two position. Up, for example like a normal Williams game, where the playfield is vertical and rested against the head. The other position allows it to come up and lie horizontal. I'm referring to the horizontal. Are you as well? Just want to make sure we are taking the same thing.

Thanks,
Duane

#4 5 years ago

Well Capcoms don;t "pull out" like B/W or DE. The raise straight up, or you can use the support bracket to rest on half way up no problem.

#5 5 years ago

Anyone got a picture? I want to make sure I'm doing it right. When I attempt to pull it out, so it can rest in the horizontal position there is quite a bit of play as you move it into position.

Manual doesn't seem to have any reference to it, unless I am missing that.

Thanks,
Duane

#6 5 years ago

I still have some of these that I'd sell, however, Marco *does* still show them in stock....

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-00229

#7 5 years ago

Only 2 positions I've seen are all the way up and resting on the arm. There is plenty of movement and I usually don't use this method unless I have to...but really it's the same set up in a lot of B/W.

P1070778.JPG P1070779.JPG

#8 5 years ago

OP I know what you're talking about and I've done it but I don't think they intended us to.

Get some small cardboard boxes to rest the front of the pf on where it crosses the front door. Boxes will help protect the mechs. Try to find a way to let the pf, not the mechs, bear the weight.

#9 5 years ago

Thanks, Mr. Bill. Glad someone understands what I'm talking about So that wasn't intended.... funny that I thought it was a pretty dumb set up, but another collector told me about it. I found it hard to get it into position and was a little concerned about leaving it that way. Sounds like I was right to be concerned.

Thanks for the pics TheLaw... I might see if can get access to the ramp that way. It's pretty awkward. Right now, it's against a wall and I might have to move it to get access to both sides.

Matt, I'll send an PM later....

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.
Cheers,
Duane

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

I might see if can get access to the ramp that way.

Yeah PM has akward stuff in the back it's hard to get to in either the up or supported way also.

Good luck!

#11 5 years ago

Thanks, Mr. Bill. Glad someone understands what I'm talking about So that wasn't intended.... funny that I thought it was a pretty dumb set up, but another collector told me about it. I found it hard to get it into position and was a little concerned about leaving it that way. Sounds like I was right to be concerned.
Thanks for the pics TheLaw... I might see if can get access to the ramp that way. It's pretty awkward. Right now, it's against a wall and I might have to move it to get access to both sides.
Matt, I'll send an PM later....
Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.
Cheers,
Duane

I think I did what you're looking for with Breakshot when I was working on it. Was the only way I could get to the back of the playfield. The metal supports rested where the lock bar would normally be. Was a little shetchy, but I put a chair with some cardboard on it under the playfield overhang.

Ended up working well. If you need me to I can pull it out and get pics for you.

Chris

5 months later
#12 5 years ago

Here is why the metal posts don't work, at least on my Airborne.

These worked great with Breakshot, but I still supported the front of the playfield.

On Airborne, the PF hits on a coil and a wire loom rather than the metal supports. I put cardboard under the coil, abd again supported the front of the PF that is hangin out, and I can at least get to the back of the machine. A little wonky, but it is working so far.

airbornepegs1.jpg airbornepegs2.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Jacksonville, NC
3,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mt. Laurel, NJ
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Playfield - Protection
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.95
Playfield - Other
MicksPinball
$ 12.75
$ 35.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 244.99
$ 34.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
€ 4.20
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
£ 45.00
Lighting - Other
PinballToys
$ 209.99
$ 24.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside