Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DugFreez
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4114 (resized).jpg
    C9AACABB-2CE2-4500-A54C-CE340C72F702 (resized).jpeg
    4A12FD13-02C0-41EA-A8EF-CA3A69B08B55 (resized).jpeg
    FE4ABD7A-DB9F-4760-BDD1-2C30502C4645 (resized).jpeg
    0ED051B0-123D-461A-8C81-2F37458BEAF1 (resized).jpeg
    F2AECA6E-273A-43FC-B50A-AC6828FB0F57 (resized).jpeg
    BFD32897-E6C2-420F-B8B3-86C8A894A0F2 (resized).jpeg
    A968C5F5-B0C2-4FAE-AA50-95FF3C51F71D (resized).jpeg
    C918AB73-78DB-4329-949F-80DDAD01F784 (resized).jpeg
    39684A6A-25C1-4ECD-9D02-59397949A641 (resized).jpeg
    8CBF18F0-F3F5-408C-920D-593AF14167FA (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DugFreez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from ezatnova:I ordered Flipper fidelity’s option that is made for speaker light kits.
    EDIT:
    Although I ordered the “correct” speakers, I went back and re-read SpeakerLightKits instructions...Son of a.... STILL have to cut that metal grate out.

Yep. I have that info linked to on my website with a bold red IMPORTANT next to it so buyers can see that before purchasing the Speaker Light Kits. As stated, I do offer replacement speaker plates that have the bars already removed from the speaker holes for aftermarket speaker users to use with my SPIKE 2 (type 11 and type 12) Speaker Light Kits if they don't want to cut the bars out themselves.

Quoted from Izzy24:

The kit for my Batman 66 had wooden spacers that fit under the speaker allowing for installation without cutting the grill. Not sure about your application. I did have to paint the wood black to not stand out on either side.[quoted image][quoted image]

My SPIKE 2 (type 11 and type 12) Speaker Light Kits make the speaker plates set back 1/2" deeper in the speaker panel mount. That makes it so there is no room (on the right side) to also have a spacer between the speaker and the speaker plate. The upgraded speaker needs to mount directly to the speaker plate and the extended tweeter (if it has one) needs to go through the hole in the speaker plate on most upgraded speakers.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Not sure who provided those wood spacers but they are not part of the batman speaker light kit or the flipper fidelity speaker kit. Those are more then likely home brew from someone that bought the FF speakers without the correct plastic spacer rings. They offer them with or without rings.

I saw another person post that they had recently got some speakers from FF with these older type spacers. They did use the separate wood ones in the past.....maybe FF went back to using them again?

If anyone has any questions about my Speaker Light Kits....feel free to e-mail: [email protected] and I should be able to help you out.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from ezatnova:

Tin snips made quick work of the speaker cross bars.
    Doug, I’ve had another problem since Saturday that I can’t solve.
    The speaker plates mounted on top of the light frames now hit the nut holding the hinge! It won’t let the speaker back box close and latch smoothly at all. What am I missing here?
    Thanks[quoted image]

From looking at your picture...my first suggestion would be to put the nuts on that hold the speaker plate in place. You can't really expect things to work / close correctly when you aren't finished with attaching everything...

If that doesn't correct things, my guess would be you knocked the bottom of the panel loose when doing your speaker hole bar snipping. The panel should be pushed all the way in (toward the backbox) when the bottom hex posts are tightened down on the light frames. Also, as I mentioned to you on another thread, make sure the flat part of the hex nuts that hold the panel hinge to the bottom of the backbox are running parallel with the speaker plates, as opposed to the point of the hex nut pointing at the speaker plates. This should allow the panel to close as smooth as possible. The plates will probably still rub the nuts when closing (and make it close a bit more stiff), but the speaker plates should slide in front of the nuts and the panel close just fine.

Glad to hear you got things settled.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

My apologies never seen that before having purchased several FF speaker kits. Learn something new every day! Speaking of, I added the Spike 2 speaker light kit from Doug on my Beatles and it looks simply Awesome! Love the hippy psychedelic 60’s spinning lights for this theme absolutely perfect. Love them.

Yeah, I was thinking FF going back to the standalone spacer blocks was a new thing. I like it! I kinda expect he still sells the speakers with the attached rings, but if a person says they don't want the spacers attached (are using speaker light kits).....he is probably including the wood spacers. I don't know though, maybe he has stopped using the attached spacer rings on all of his SPIKE speakers.

Thanks for the kind words on my Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits. Beatles, Aerosmith and Guardians of the Galaxy all seem like good games to pick those multi color patterns on the light kit controller.

Quoted from Izzy24:

Direct from flipper fidelity[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It seems the metal hex standoffs that FF includes snap off easily if people over-tighten them. He includes extras just for the folks that don't know their own strength. That just goes to show if people are going to over-tighten their nuts, it doesn't matter if the posts are nylon (more expensive) or metal (less expensive) they are going to screw up either kind. I went with the nylon hex standoffs as bridging a metal standoff across the front of a LED light strip can cause issues if things land in the wrong place.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Those games all sound good but in My opinion the Beatles should have Come with these awesome lights from the start. I like speaker lights in general but this game fits them theme Perfectly! Just love the look. Used the same program cycle as your avatar. Awesome work, thanks.[quoted image]

Well, you can save up to 8 different color transitions on the DIY list. Then you can easily select those 8 with the DIY buttons on the remote or then select auto after making a DIY selection and the controller will just cycle through the transitions you have saved to your DIY list. So no need to stick to just one psychedelic pattern if you want to have the controller mix it up a bit. The savable DIY / favorites feature was the main deciding factor when I chose that controller.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DugFreez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-fitting-flipper-fidelity-with-speaker-light-kit-dugs-spike-2?tu=DugFreez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.