New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 106751)

Help fish tales power box

By 2Kaulitz

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by 2Kaulitz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1395.JPG

#1 6 years ago

I have a fish tales and i was given a wpc95 power box. Since thats from a newer game would work ok on my fish tales ? I added pics too. I was given this to put in my fish tales but when i try to boot the ft i only get 2 light on driver board. I'm trying to see if using the box would cause issues ?

IMG_1395.JPG
#2 6 years ago

The big question is "What was wrong with your original power box?"
They are fairly simple inside.

The pinout on the connector could possibly be different, explaining your missing lights/voltages.

#3 6 years ago

There is a jumper plug that goes in the empty molex connector that adjusts the voltage for the country your in definitely won't work without this, it's probably possible to make a wpc95 box but work involved would be more than fixing your original box like poster above me said, there is not much in a fish tales power box you could replace everything inside for like $10.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrjamma:

The big question is "What was wrong with your original power box?"
They are fairly simple inside.
The pinout on the connector could possibly be different, explaining your missing lights/voltages.

There was no box in there so I was giving that one and I had a jumper plug made for 120v. My question is would be difference besides how connector on the box

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 109.99
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside