7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by bluebomber
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bluebomber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 months ago

I just got a "new to me" used SS pin (Flash Gordon), and I'm about to start setting it up at my place. I remember reading a website or forum thread about specific steps to take when setting up the pin so that you don't break it as you go. This covers testing certain boards and voltages in a specific order so that you know you have your bases covered before moving on to other parts of the pin (so you don't fry anything either). It was directions, but also a warning to not just plug everything in and turn it on when you get home, because you never know what happened on the trip to your place even if it worked when you bought it and broke it down to put in your car.

I can't remember if it was a Vid post here, or if it was on a separate site, but I sure can't find it again.

#5 7 months ago
Quoted from slochar:

Here's one:
https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Post-Purchase_Checklist
The bally section there too would have specific systemic troubleshooting checklist, which is kind of the same thing..... basically, start with the rectifier board, test everything, move to the solenoid board, test everything, move to the mpu board, test everything, then the lamp board/sound board.

I think this is it, thank you so much!

Quoted from fattdirk:

Did you purchase the game working?

Theoretically, yes. I looked it over. I do know the "squawk and talk" sound wasn't working when I bought it.

#10 7 months ago
Quoted from QuietEarp:

If you saw the machine working before you got it I would just go for it. You have waited this long to get FG you need to play that bad boy!

Hi! I know, I want to play it now! The guy I got it from didn't really stay on top of this thing, so I'm going to be tearing down the playfield to clean everything and wax before the new rubbers arrive. Looks like I'll need some new mylar under the pop bumpers too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
$ 49.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bluebomber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside