Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by bluebomber
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I just got a "new to me" used SS pin (Flash Gordon), and I'm about to start setting it up at my place. I remember reading a website or forum thread about specific steps to take when setting up the pin so that you don't break it as you go. This covers testing certain boards and voltages in a specific order so that you know you have your bases covered before moving on to other parts of the pin (so you don't fry anything either). It was directions, but also a warning to not just plug everything in and turn it on when you get home, because you never know what happened on the trip to your place even if it worked when you bought it and broke it down to put in your car.

I can't remember if it was a Vid post here, or if it was on a separate site, but I sure can't find it again.

#2 4 years ago

I guarantee someone here will help out!!

#3 4 years ago

Here's one:
https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Post-Purchase_Checklist

The bally section there too would have specific systemic troubleshooting checklist, which is kind of the same thing..... basically, start with the rectifier board, test everything, move to the solenoid board, test everything, move to the mpu board, test everything, then the lamp board/sound board.

#4 4 years ago

Did you purchase the game working?

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Here's one:
The bally section there too would have specific systemic troubleshooting checklist, which is kind of the same thing..... basically, start with the rectifier board, test everything, move to the solenoid board, test everything, move to the mpu board, test everything, then the lamp board/sound board.

I think this is it, thank you so much!

Quoted from Deez:

Did you purchase the game working?

Theoretically, yes. I looked it over. I do know the "squawk and talk" sound wasn't working when I bought it.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Here's one:

Ive never seen that. Cool stuff!

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from bluebomber:

I think this is it, thank you so much!

Theoretically, yes. I looked it over. I do know the "squawk and talk" sound wasn't working when I bought it.

Just set it up and play it. You don't need to verify voltages on a working game. That's for games with unknown condition.

#8 4 years ago

Also if the sound is out check for original caps. They're notorious for being bad at this age. It's a simple replacement.

#9 4 years ago

If you saw the machine working before you got it I would just go for it. You have waited this long to get FG you need to play that bad boy!

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from QuietEarp:

If you saw the machine working before you got it I would just go for it. You have waited this long to get FG you need to play that bad boy!

Hi! I know, I want to play it now! The guy I got it from didn't really stay on top of this thing, so I'm going to be tearing down the playfield to clean everything and wax before the new rubbers arrive. Looks like I'll need some new mylar under the pop bumpers too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Other
Volcano Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 99.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 179.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-finding-website-forum-about-setting-up-a-new-used-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.