Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220918_161302 (resized).jpg
20220918_161248_HDR (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

I just bought a restored Earthshaker here in the Pittsburgh, Pa. area. The previous owner lives in Greensburg. Whoever restored it painted the entire cabinet in a blue to match the decals. I need to do a little touch up to the cabinet. The previous owner doesn't have any of the restorer's information anymore. I'm hoping that he might be a Pinside member and could give me that information? Might be an automotive paint? Hoping he has the code or year and make of the vehicle to look up? Thanks! If it helps to identify it there is a NOS playfield in it that's been cleared and they added the moving building mod and an upgraded sound system.

#2 1 year ago

Chris at High End Pins would have marked the underside of the playfield if he had done it.

Chris uses automotive paint, try posting on his thread and see if he'll let you know what he uses for his Earthshakers.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18/page/233

#3 1 year ago

Thanks, here is some more information. The restoration was done about 10 years ago by a guy in the South Hills of Pittsburgh by a guy at the time in his late 20's

1 week later
#4 1 year ago

Rust-Oleum safety blue was a near perfect match. Needed to paint the edge face and the inner sides and top of the backbox only. So close enough that it isn't noticeable.

20220918_161248_HDR (resized).jpg20220918_161248_HDR (resized).jpg20220918_161302 (resized).jpg20220918_161302 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#5 1 year ago

Jan,

I have a Sherwin Williams color match device that will tell you exactly what color it is.
I also have the master set of color swatches that you can use to make sure its a full match.
As far as sheen, you should be able to tell by eye if it is matte, satin, or gloss.

Let me know when you want to borrow it.
You'll have to come here though, my van is in the shop for another few days.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-finding-the-restorer-for-this-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.