Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Mfsrc791
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Backglass (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dzoomer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from loppydog:

I am thinking easy rule-set with shots that are mostly easy to hit with a fun theme.

Quoted from loppydog:

This pin would be for my wife mostly, so I really just want something that she can just turn on and easily understand what to shoot at and why. Shots should feel satisfying and relatively easy.

Some good input so far. Here's some more feedback and machines.

I've found MM / MMR to be a big hit with everyone. The humorous sound track, awesome look with great toys and trolls, easy-to-understand rules and some easy goals brings them in every time. Some good depth and variety keeps people coming back. I will add most have no significant previous experience with the pin so it hasn't been played out by anyone.

I'd also suggest POTC. Like MM/MMR it has a great theme and look, great toys, some simple shots, some humour in the sound track, easier shooting and even longer games. It also has a lot of depth which many newer pins excel at to explore over time.

I like FT and have one but it doesn't bring 'em in like my other pins, and it is more difficult with shorter ball times.

Frankly, there are a lot of great game options out there, and many pins in the top 200 list could do the job. For example, interestingly, I've found kids and families have taken a shine to a recently added FS. Again, great theme (and look) for kids and those who grew up with the original series, humourous voice work, easy rules, good callouts, reasonable game play time (similar to MM/MMR) and an interesting three flipper layout.

Humour comes up over and over again in this feedback. I've found it's a real draw and would recommend looking for it. There will be a lot of good options out there. Good luck with the search. You should find out more specifically what you wife enjoys in a pin, e.g., theme, flow, lot of shots, etc.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dzoomer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-finding-the-perfect-machine?tu=dzoomer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.