(Topic ID: 127322)

Help finding shuffle bowler pins

By Dr_of_Style

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2015-05-12_12-10-38_306.jpg
    PICT0041.JPG

#1 8 years ago

Ok, I have exhausted my contacts for pins.
    I am looking to replace the pins on my 51/56 united shuffle bowler.
    The pins are numbered 1-10 with a crown lookin ring around the neck.
    The look is not necessarily a requirement, but they are shorter than any I have found on the net.
    I believe they are only about 6-8" long, much shorter than normal pins.
    Anybody have some? or know where I can get a set?

#2 8 years ago

Some machines in that era used 6" pins and some machines had 8" pins. They can be very hard to find. You pretty much need to source them from a parted machine. There are no modern replacements available.

#3 8 years ago

Boo, Hiss!!!
    That's not what I wanted to hear...
    I was hopin someone had a set on their dresser, just waitin to sell them to me.
    Thanks anyway...

#4 8 years ago

If the pins themselves are in good shape, you may try what I did. I have a 57 Bally ABC Bowler that need new looking pins. I couldn't find any so I removed the pins, stripped the decals, cleaned the pins, repainted with a white plastic paint and then added new decals. This is what I ended up with. Hope this gives you some ideas!

PICT0041.JPGPICT0041.JPG
    #5 8 years ago

Hey Dave...
    Nice recoop!
    Where did you find the decals?
    Did your pins have the "BMAX" stamped in the plastic, or was it all smooth?
    Mine are stamped into the plastic, then painted inside the lines.

#6 8 years ago

I needed 6" pins for my united bowler and ran into the same problem finding them, so I started producing my own.

If anyone is interested in getting info on purchasing replacements contact me via pm.

Below is a picture of my bowler with all new pins that I made and an original #2.
    thanks Bob

2015-05-12_12-10-38_306.jpg2015-05-12_12-10-38_306.jpg

#7 8 years ago

Great job! how long did it take you to make them?

#8 8 years ago

How long are your pins, I have a set. I can measure them when I get home tonight. They may or may not be right for you.

#9 8 years ago

My pins were smooth so I had a fellow that prints decals do a mini logo and a scaled crown for the tops.

#10 8 years ago

My pins are 6 1/4" long. Give or take for warpage...
    holes are 1 3/8" apart.
    Rsrobins, What is your bowler? it looks just like mine!

#11 8 years ago

its a 1953 united clover

#12 8 years ago

Yeah, Mine is a 51 Classic"the bottom half". The top is a 56 DELUXE Clipper, or something??? hmm...brain glitch.
    Prob same machine cept for the "Clover" feature. The top has that, but the bottom did not, so no extra lites to look at. Really Jonesin to get this thing finished,"and out of the way".

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-finding-shuffle-bowler-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.