Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by aerobert
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hi, I'm about to restore (or at least heavily freshen up) a Fish Tales. This is what I have to work with: http://imgur.com/a/NwhMI

Naturally, it will focus on some levelling, clear fills and decals, decals decals.

My first and main problem is that I can't manage to get the playfield in an upright position. See this image http://i.imgur.com/UoqZJkG.jpg
I'm looking for the part number of the right skid that is completely missing. The left one is circled. I can't find it in the parts list, only the complete left/right assembly.

I think this missing skid is the reason why the playfield is too low and the latch is below the sprint. Am I right? I don't know how else I can bring it up to that level and to make it lock onto the cabinet sprint. The springs are notably worn out, so I guess I will replace them as well. (would appreciate this part no also).

Other then that, my GI isn't working at all, it did but only partly (some loose cables on J120). But after some bulb replacing it completely died. I replaced the fuses and checked ground points and so on but I can't get GI to work. Other than that...it's the usual twisty socket (inserts) that doesn't light up even though a bulb was replaced. At least one lamp on each board works so it's not any board faults. Any tips and hints of cleaning and getting the twist sockets for insert lights to come alive?

This is my first pinball machine. I got it rather cheap, but there are some work to be done. I've read and learned A LOT from pinside and other sources, but I would still appreciate any help.

Thank you.

#2 8 years ago

try Marco specialties, they should have the side locks, my STTNG has the same rail slider, and yes that's why PF isn't sitting right

#3 8 years ago

Ok thanks a lot. Also, here's a better picture of the right side slide assembly and latch. http://i.imgur.com/8R70dPa.jpg

1 week later
#4 8 years ago

Problem kind of solved. I'm able to flip the playfield now and lock it into place without the missing part (I would still like to find it and add it though).

The problem really was that the locking mechanism was so old and dry that it felt like it wouldn't move. I pulled the playfield out as far as I could and hit both sides with a hammer, and voila. lol

#5 8 years ago

I have a STTNG, that the playing field had dragged so hard on the plywood runners, and dug it up that I had to get a 12" 1/2 inch aluminm angle iron to fix, so playing field would slide smoothly up the to locking mechs. Had gotten so worn that the playing field fell into the cabnet.
what a b_tch that was to get back out!

#6 8 years ago

I can imagine. I'll have to look into it so it doesn't happen to me either. But it's not very worn on the plywood runner. Allthough, the bottom back edge of the playfield on the right side is slightly chipped, it's not noticable anyway.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
12,500 (OBO)
$ 169.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-finding-part-no-of-playfield-slideskid-and-general-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.