(Topic ID: 276091)

Help Find Illustrator Artist Graphic Designer 4 Custom Vinyl Cab Art

By Westsiderkg

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2018-09-25_9-05-16 (resized).jpg
    received_834006063767588 (resized).jpeg
    #1 3 years ago

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Perhaps a freelance?

Building a custom pinball machine, but need someone to help put together the artwork in high resolution.

Many thanks for any leads!!!

#2 3 years ago

I have been searching as well for my project , its tough! Good luck

#3 3 years ago

At the last Pinball Expo, pinballdepot.ca was offering this service.
    .................David Marston

#4 3 years ago

You could try to get in contact with Gasan Design, he did some custom work for my brother.

received_834006063767588 (resized).jpegreceived_834006063767588 (resized).jpeg
    #5 3 years ago

Man, I wish I could help. I really enjoy using photoshop and illustrator but am no good at raw designs, only good a re-creating translites and such.
    Don't give up, there are some pretty talented people on Pinside!

#6 3 years ago

Postupstand.com i worked there 3 years,worth a shot.

#7 3 years ago

Thanks, still looking...appreciate all the info thus far....I'm sure there are many talented people out there, just cant believe how hard it is to find one!

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Thanks, still looking...appreciate all the info thus far....I'm sure there are many talented people out there, just cant believe how hard it is to find one!

Have you contacted brian-allen ? He does some great work.
    https://www.flylanddesigns.com/tag/pinball/

#9 3 years ago

I have two graphic artists Ive used in both my businesses.
    All artists are unique, in their ability to listen and communicate, which has been my issue over time.
    Both are insanely talented, with one younger, and hungry, who can do CAD as well,
    the Other Older, a bit busier, but from my view as good as Zombie Yeti.
    I cant speak for whom is best for you, but shoot me a PM, if you wish email referral info.
    (One did the graphic work for Comet LEDs for me)

Art

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jahkub:

Yes, thanks. A couple days ago, still havent heard back. Maybe he is slower to respond?

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Yes, thanks. A couple days ago, still havent heard back. Maybe he is slower to respond?

Dont waste your time.

#12 3 years ago

Westsiderkg Can you pm me your email address or name so I can check for your email?

#13 3 years ago

ralphcousman what did you mean by this? I don't know who you are, or why you'd have a problem with me.

Quoted from ralphcousman:

Dont waste your time.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jahkub:

super expensive for playfield and translite design

#15 3 years ago

BradAlbright did a LED Zepplin home brew with rotordave , the thread is here somewhere.
    https://www.albrightillustration.com/

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from brian-allen:

ralphcousman what did you mean by this? I don't know who you are, or why you'd have a problem with me.

Yes, my quote was $3000 for cabinet only artwork...WOW! I need to change career paths.

#17 3 years ago

How I would find a (cheap) graphic artist.

1. Check out stock art sites (iStockPhoto, ShutterStock, etc..)
    2. Find art similar to your theme and note the artists who did them
    3. Try to identify 2-3 artists that have generated images you like and have a reasonable number of stock images (50-100+)
    4. Reach out to those artists and ask if they'd be interested in quoting for your project.

Most of my artist friends have lost their side-hustles during the pandemic. Some are uploading to stock art sites in an effort to increase their passive income. It's a grind for them to put up enough art to make a living that way, but they also get commissions from people who find their art this way. They're usually happy to to get commissions especially if the time frames are flexible and the project is novel/interesting.

#18 3 years ago

I do Comicbook art part-time so if my style suits you shoot me a PM

2018-09-25_9-05-16 (resized).jpg2018-09-25_9-05-16 (resized).jpg
    #19 3 years ago
    Quoted from steele67:

I do Comicbook art part-time so if my style suits you shoot me a PM

nice!

#20 3 years ago

WOW Steele67 you're super talented!

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Yes, my quote was $3000 for cabinet only artwork...WOW! I need to change career paths.

mine was $10k US for playfield and translite with a 2 revisions and dropped down to $5k USD with no revisions and he have all design say - and not allowed to use the design for a shirt

#22 3 years ago

$3,000 at $50hr would only get you 60hrs of work... depending on the complexity of your project and how many revisions you wanted that doesn't seem out of line at all, of course a talented artist could easily demand two or three times that amount as well. There are sites like fiverr.com or upworks.com where you can find freelancers by the boatload... lots working overseas who will work for a fraction of the cost that you will find in the states/Canada... but you will deal with timezones and language barriers. Good designers are hard to find, great designers even harder.

I suggest writing up a brief (description of what you want) and posting it to fiverr or upworks, you get to set the budget and you will quickly see the quality of work vs what you're willing to pay for.

#23 3 years ago

I have a few games of art that you could customise and use as a base - depends on your theme

there is also a aussie with some cool custom cabinet art available

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

I have a few games of art that you could customise and use as a base - depends on your theme
    there is also a aussie with some cool custom cabinet art available

Do you speak of Stuzza?

Some pretty awesome stuff in there.

https://imgur.com/a/MhlPm#0

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from roar:

Do you speak of Stuzza?
    Some pretty awesome stuff in there.
    https://imgur.com/a/MhlPm#0

yes it is Stuzza

#26 3 years ago

Yes, tks. Went with Fiveer. $500, great artist. Hope this helps someone else.

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from Westsiderkg:

The issue for any commissioned project is time. Custom artwork takes a lot of time to create. First, coming up with ideas, then sketching/drafts, then back and forth with the buyer, then rough draft, then changes, then full colorization/mock-up, then more changes, then finally working to the final product.

I would say to do a full cabinet $3000 is about right (that about 30 hours of effort at $100/hr). Remember, this is a self-employed job, so that $100/hr gets double taxed from the seller's perspective.

A more economical approach would be to find some available artwork that is already out there and can be used as is or with some minor tweaks. Are you familiar with this site? https://imgur.com/a/MhlPm#0

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

The issue for any commissioned project is time. Custom artwork takes a lot of time to create. First, coming up with ideas, then sketching/drafts, then back and forth with the buyer, then rough draft, then changes, then full colorization/mock-up, then more changes, then finally working to the final product.
    I would say to do a full cabinet $3000 is about right (that about 30 hours of effort at $100/hr). Remember, this is a self-employed job, so that $100/hr gets double taxed from the seller's perspective.
    A more economical approach would be to find some available artwork that is already out there and can be used as is or with some minor tweaks. Are you familiar with this site? https://imgur.com/a/MhlPm#0

Fiveer....save yourself $2500 ppl.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-find-illustrator-artist-graphic-designer-4-custom-vinyl-cab-art?hl=ralphcousman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.