• 129 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ToucanF16
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“How is Justice Best Served in the Case of the Bubblicious WCS?”

• Family Arcade is Right - Levi screwed him on the deal and deserves to be eternally tormented with dumb gum jokes 30 votes
    14%
  • Levi is Right - Family Arcade owes him a cupholder and some WCS plastics for welching 62 votes
    30%
  • It's been SEVEN FUGGIN YEARS how about we all just bug out and call it even 116 votes
    56%

(208 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5F0DB525-05CE-415C-B405-53EDCD444E42 (resized).jpeg
C3B8E86D-60EA-496C-99E0-DA8AAD3C651D (resized).jpeg
A01F7E2C-41DE-45BD-B7D1-E31E792EC18F (resized).jpeg
D16ED48B-8683-437F-A616-0B19D37577F7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210420_195527 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210420_194756 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210419-231719 (resized).png
Screenshot_20210418-104920 (resized).png
fruit-stripe-gum_3_1024x1024 (resized).jpg
gum (resized).jpg
E06D8F40-60BD-431B-9393-E207936336C7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210417_181804 (resized).jpg
3F2F484B-FE83-47CA-92AA-03EAF96105E7.gif
download-2 (resized).jpg
54DA88E8-A156-4900-9E6C-B6F9B5C926FA.gif
fruit-stripe-gum_3_1024x1024 (resized).jpg
There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 3 years ago

I'd be happy to let this one go, but apparently Family Arcade never will, so I throw it to the Pinside Jury.

This is of course totally my side and I'm obviously completely biased, so feel free to hear out his side of this entire stupid tale before you pass judgment. He assures me he's kept complete documentation of this entire moronic affair so maybe his memory is a little better than mine.

—————-
Family Arcade - Nelson (HA HA!) - bought a WCS from me SEVEN YEARS AGO.

As in, two Presidents ago. As in, four Fast & Furious movies ago. As in around 2,500 days ago. You get the picture.

He came, he looked at it, he paid me money, he took the game and drove away. Pretty standard deal, right?

A couple days later I get a message whining about a piece of gum underneath the cabinet. A PIECE OF FUCKING GUM. Like dozens of games I've owned over 20 years. WHO GIVES A FUCKING SHIT? The game was NEVER advertised as mint, nor was it even advertised as shopped, it was advertised as a nice working WCS and that’s what it was.

The game also had an off board battery and a couple of other upgrades I didn't bother mentioning in the ad, but hey I don't get credit for that. He was focused on this piece of gum like Rain Man. Oh and after I pointed out that it was only a piece of old fucking gum and who really gives a shit, there were a litany of other complaints about a 20-year old used game that was sold as-is and that he agreed to buy and take home after inspecting it.

So, after incredulously asking what I could do to "make right" this horrible injustice I foisted upon him, I agreed to give him some free WCS plastics I had laying around, and a free cupholder, and he came over and picked them up. I welcomed him back to my place, we had a beer, played some pinball, and we SHOOK HANDS ON THE DEAL. For the second time. And we and parted on good terms. The deal was over, and everybody was happy, despite some minor bumps.

Or so it seemed.

For the past seven years, he has continued to needle me publicly over this piece of fucking gum, going back on his word that the deal was complete and he was satisfied with our arrangement. A couple years ago - due to his incessant psychotic fixation on a couple grunge-era chiclets - I offered to buy back the game for what he paid for it. He declined, of course, because I had sold him a perfectly nice game that 5 years later was now worth well more than what he paid for it.

But to this day, he refuses to let it go. The way I see it, he at least owes me a fucking cupholder and a couple loose WCS plastics, as those were supposed to buy his satisfaction and put this to bed. Instead, he welched on the deal and now you all have to hear about it.

Apparently, he wanted a reaction from me or he wouldn't still be obnoxiously referencing gum every time he responds to one of my posts, so now after your puppy turned 49 in dog years, he's finally got one and can vent about this deal directly to all of you.

Would be nice if we could get past it. Maybe this will finally provide some closure. Or maybe it just never ends? Really that's up to him.

And you! VOTE! It's important.

#2 3 years ago

Maybe he’s just pissed that the gum was pre-chewed. Sheesh for 2500 smackers the least you could’ve done was throw in a fresh piece of gum.

#3 3 years ago

This is awesome. I hope it's reasonable tongue in cheek!! HAAAHHA

Vote - where?

#4 3 years ago

I'd say any second spent even just thinking about this is a second wasted. Lifes too short Move on.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I'd say any second spent even just thinking about this is a second wasted. Lifes too short Move on.

I'm already a loser cause I spent like 10 minutes typing that up.

I will say one thing - I actually do scan games for gum now so I guess that's a plus?

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I will say one thing - I actually do scan games for gum now so I guess that's a plus?

Boy, I bought a game with TWO pieces of gum stuck to the bottom...
Thanks to this eye-opening revelation on Pinside, the seller will be receiving a broiling shitstorm of fury and wrath!

The audacity.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm already a loser

It takes a lot of personal growth to give oneself an honest assessment.
However, there is no excuse to sell a game with disgusting used chewing gum stuck to it. You didn’t even bother to get down on your hands and knees and peer under the cabinet? Lesson learned I guess.

May gawd have mercy on your sole.

#8 3 years ago

If one piece of gum can turn off buyers, I'm going to put chewed gum on the bottom of every game I see. Arcades, amusement parks, bars, my friend's game rooms, everywhere. Then no one will want to buy games, and I will have single-handedly popped the price bubble.

#9 3 years ago

I hope he doesn’t try to chew that gum- he may wind up popping this price bubble!!!!

#10 3 years ago

I will bring gum to every tournament and try to make sure every opponent you face offers you some. What flavor was it?

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

May gawd have mercy on your sole.

Yeah I left some fish in the coin box also. ON PORPOISE!

#12 3 years ago
10CE19CB-1CC5-45CC-ACA2-10F1ED3D8283.gif10CE19CB-1CC5-45CC-ACA2-10F1ED3D8283.gif
#13 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah I left some fish in the coin box also. ON PORPOISE!

#14 3 years ago

7 years ago... WCS.... That was MY gum!!! You had no right to sell it. I was saving it for later.

#15 3 years ago

And it was in the year of our lord two thousand and twenty one that gum-gate came to a close.

93C96DD7-8B25-44C4-9470-23E035D61937.gif93C96DD7-8B25-44C4-9470-23E035D61937.gif
#16 3 years ago

Where is the poll option for monthly 2500 word rants and rebuttals???

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from mrpilkington:

And it was in the year of our lord two thousand and twenty one that gum-gate came to a close.
[quoted image]

Hey doesn't the Bible say some shit about how you are supposed to forgive all debts after seven years?

Doesn't an unpaid phone bill disappear from your credit report after seven years?

Isn't Seven Years long enough for us to heal?

Sing us out, Bowie...

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He came, he looked at it, he paid me money, he took the game and drove away.

Apparently didn't look hard enough. No sympathy for those who complain about in-person purchases after the fact.

#19 3 years ago

What brand and flavor was the gum.

I'd have to know before voting.

Also, do you store your gum under all of your machines ?

LTG : )

#20 3 years ago

you'll be getting one of these for hanukkah.

gumball pin (resized).jpggumball pin (resized).jpg

#21 3 years ago

Did Will Farrell used to own this pin? Maybe he was planning to come back for his gum

#22 3 years ago

Did this guy used to blow Bubbles as a kid ? If so tell him Bubbles said hello .

#23 3 years ago

I always check used games for gum. Not because I give a shit, but I consider it lucky.

I picked up a Fathom with several pieces of ‘lucky gum.’ And ya know what? Plays great.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Unless he hauled the machine away with the legs on how did he not notice it when packing the game? I don’t inspect the bottoms of machines I buy but do look quick to make sure there’s no water/moisture damage on the bottom of the cabinet when removing the legs. Unless he has a different story about the transaction ,you did WAY more than required.
Caveat emptor buddy!
Piss off! And STFU!

#25 3 years ago

Before I vote I would want to see the gum DNA test results .

Someone on his end may be culprit. Anybody putting gum on a coin operated amusement devise likely extensive criminal record.

Shane

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from bepositive:

Before I vote I would want to see the gum DNA test results .
Someone on his end may be culprit. Anybody putting gum on a coin operated amusement devise likely extensive criminal record.
Shane

You know, that’s a good point.

How do I know he didn’t plant the gum there so he could shake me down for a free cupholder????

It’s all starting to make sense now.

#27 3 years ago

I'm voting that FamilyArcade is right.
Mostly because I like the idea of him giving Levi crap about something so stupid.

O.K., Only because I like the idea of him giving Levi crap about something so stupid.

#28 3 years ago

To be honest, I didn't bother reading all that.

However, what do you think about pinball prices these days? Crazy-high right? Like...are we in a bubble?

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

" was NEVER advertised as mint"

Ok, this is your fuck up. I don't blame family arcade for bitching. You need to be honest. I don't mind cinnamon, traditional bubble gum,(think big league chew),or something like bubalicious watermelon but spearmint or peppermint? Oh HELL no!

#30 3 years ago

Well , we now know what be the next hot seller on Pinside .

Under Cabinet Gum....

#31 3 years ago

I once bought a pinball machine, that had gum under it.
And I’m sure I was charged extra for it,
That would explain the high cost.

#32 3 years ago

Maybe the seller is upset because he had trouble leveling the pin with the extra weight of the gum.

#33 3 years ago

We really need to hear from Family Arcade-
To hear their side of the story AND their feelings on current pinball prices...

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Well , we now know what be the next hot seller on Pinside .
Under Cabinet Gum....

Just think of it as the opposite of a topper. And much cheaper (until word about this new pin accessory gets out)!

#35 3 years ago

“Does your chewing gum lose its flavor
On the lockbar overnight?”

Thanks, I’ll see myself out

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Just think of it as the opposite of a topper. And much cheaper (until word about this new pin accessory gets out)!

We will get Robin to Sticky it...

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from Moonshot:

I once bought a pinball machine, that had gum under it.
And I’m sure I was charged extra for it,

With the added weight, it would cost more to ship.

#38 3 years ago

Maybe the seller’s parents were poor and all he got for Christmas was underwear, socks and spearmint gum. To this day Christmas is so traumatic to him...that gum still leaves a bad taste in his mouth...

#39 3 years ago

Tell him you’ll come over, remove the gum from under the machine, and then stick it where the sun don’t shine.

#40 3 years ago

I have a feeling that Nelson, (being from NY), figures that Levi (being from NY) and based on his posts, has the same sarcastic sense of humor. I,'m thinking Nelson's side of the story is going to include more than gum. I can't imagine anyone actually showing up to collect a cupholder in payment for gum removal.

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I have a feeling that Nelson, (being from NJ), figures that Levi (being from NY) and based on his posts, has the same sarcastic sense of humor. I,'m thinking Nelson's side of the story is going to include more than gum. I can't imagine anyone actually showing up to collect a cupholder in payment for gum removal.

Oh it’s more than just gum. You’ll hear about a “borked” cabinet - with chips even!!! You never see that on a 20 year old game!

You’ll hear about busted plastics - another shocking rarity in the world Of used pinball machines!!

I think there was a family of possum living inside the head also, and there may have been an old cheeseburger stuffed in the coin box. Game was a huge piece of shit that I tricked him into buying with my “used car salesman “ tactics.

I don’t remember this, but apparently he complained about the condition of the game on site and he asked for a discount and I didn’t give him one!!! He was so furious at my used car salesman tactics and refusal to come off our agreed upon price that he still decided to buy the game even though he knew I was screwing him. After all, he drove all the way to New York City from like 20 miles away!!! I had him by the balls and he had no choice but to buy the game and take it home!!!

Oh yeah he also just sold the game two weeks ago. It was such a piece of shit and caused him such trauma and heartache that he KEPT IT FOR SEVEN YEARS.

I wonder if the new owner got the cupholder. If there’s a God hopefully the buyer will be hassling him for the next seven years about some stupid bullshit.

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think there was a family of possum living inside the head also.

Probably looking for more gum.

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Maybe the seller’s parents were poor and all he got for Christmas was underwear, socks and spearmint gum. To this day Christmas is so traumatic to him...that gum still leaves a bad taste in his mouth...

Does anyone remember getting those “books” of Lifesavers for Christmas? I actually loved those.

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Does anyone remember getting those “books” of Lifesavers for Christmas? I actually loved those.

Yep. I got those also.

5AB0B415-5486-416D-BDBD-ABFCF4B73F91 (resized).jpeg5AB0B415-5486-416D-BDBD-ABFCF4B73F91 (resized).jpeg
#46 3 years ago

I want my Gum back!

#47 3 years ago

fruit-stripe-gum_3_1024x1024 (resized).jpgfruit-stripe-gum_3_1024x1024 (resized).jpg

Was it Fruit Stripe? Because I could see holding a grudge for at least 10 years over Fruit Stripe. He can get the hell out here if it was Double Mint, that grudge would be over in say 4, maybe 5 years tops.

#48 3 years ago

Sounds pretty outrageous for someone to complain over, waiting to hear his version of the story. I did sell a game where the buyer complained on how dirty it was when he got it home, you think they would have said something after spending 20 minutes going over every inch before they handed me the cash.

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Sounds pretty outrageous for someone to complain over, waiting to hear his version of the story.

His version is likely he bought a piece of used gum and there was a F'n pinball machine stuck to it.

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Sounds pretty outrageous for someone to complain over, waiting to hear his version of the story.

Yeah me too. I’ve got my rebuttal ready!

54DA88E8-A156-4900-9E6C-B6F9B5C926FA.gif54DA88E8-A156-4900-9E6C-B6F9B5C926FA.gif
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-family-arcade-and-i-settle-a-petty-and-ancient-dispute-?hl=dewman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.