• 129 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by ToucanF16
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“How is Justice Best Served in the Case of the Bubblicious WCS?”

• Family Arcade is Right - Levi screwed him on the deal and deserves to be eternally tormented with dumb gum jokes 30 votes
    14%
  • Levi is Right - Family Arcade owes him a cupholder and some WCS plastics for welching 62 votes
    30%
  • It's been SEVEN FUGGIN YEARS how about we all just bug out and call it even 116 votes
    56%

(208 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5F0DB525-05CE-415C-B405-53EDCD444E42 (resized).jpeg
C3B8E86D-60EA-496C-99E0-DA8AAD3C651D (resized).jpeg
A01F7E2C-41DE-45BD-B7D1-E31E792EC18F (resized).jpeg
D16ED48B-8683-437F-A616-0B19D37577F7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210420_195527 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210420_194756 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210419-231719 (resized).png
Screenshot_20210418-104920 (resized).png
fruit-stripe-gum_3_1024x1024 (resized).jpg
gum (resized).jpg
E06D8F40-60BD-431B-9393-E207936336C7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210417_181804 (resized).jpg
3F2F484B-FE83-47CA-92AA-03EAF96105E7.gif
download-2 (resized).jpg
54DA88E8-A156-4900-9E6C-B6F9B5C926FA.gif
fruit-stripe-gum_3_1024x1024 (resized).jpg
There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 3 years ago

Levi...is that you in this still image from the Family Arcade's video surveillance system?

download-2 (resized).jpgdownload-2 (resized).jpg
#52 3 years ago

The gum is for luck. If you sneeze while playing you could end up upside down in a bean field.

I feel like you should go to his house and play for pink slips. Winner takes home the pin and glory and the other must STFU. And if you lose, you leave yet another piece of gum stuck underneath. Because let's be honest, it was you, wasn't it.

#53 3 years ago

I wouldn't have given him plastics or a cup holder but Levi you must be a softy

Sounds like the guy likes to bitch about any issue

He checked the game out and decided to buy it, it's his.

Keep a pack of gum in your pocket, every time you see him and he mentions the "Great Gum Incident" you pull out the gum and offer him a new piece

#54 3 years ago

There has GOT to be more to this story that just a piece of old gum. Because if it is true, I would have told the guy that he did not have to pay extra for the free gum. But, that is just my opinion, not knowing the "rest of the story". This is exactly why you get cash on the glass and sell "as-is"...

#55 3 years ago

is this the pinball bubble people are always talking about? with how old the gum likely was i am surprised it can still bubble at all...

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

is this the pinball bubble people are always talking about? with how old the gum likely was i am surprised it can still bubble at all...

Gonna pop any day now...

3F2F484B-FE83-47CA-92AA-03EAF96105E7.gif3F2F484B-FE83-47CA-92AA-03EAF96105E7.gif
#57 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Does anyone remember getting those “books” of Lifesavers for Christmas? I actually loved those.

My sister and I loved getting these and were disappointed when our relatives couldn’t find them one year.

#58 3 years ago

Maybe this post was on purpose to divert anyone starting another price thread.

There hasn't been one new price post started since gumgate.

LTG : )

#59 3 years ago

Dbags can’t help themselves; there’s no value in getting anything back, but rather moving forward and putting that stench in the rear-view. Not responding, not showing it’s under your skin, is also not giving him satisfaction. Your reputation is your main asset. I learned all of this watching Kung-Fu.

#60 3 years ago

Tell him in a Pacino voice you're gonna buy him a pack of gum and show him how to chew it.

#61 3 years ago

CrazyLevi
Is “Family Arcade” an operator?

#62 3 years ago

Levi has him in a half Nelson

#63 3 years ago

This is a sticky situation.

#64 3 years ago

It sounds cut and dry that you are in the right...but anyone that puts up a 20k monster bash up...I will wait to hold my opinion until the other party checks in, LOL!

#65 3 years ago

Wow....Boy, Do I feel better......

I thought I got a lot of shit about powder coating of the freakin doors....

#66 3 years ago

I used to love tidal wave chewing gum , an Auntie used to get it when she went on holidays to the US .

IMG_20210417_181804 (resized).jpgIMG_20210417_181804 (resized).jpg
#67 3 years ago

Is the gum still there, or did he remove it?

#68 3 years ago

FWIW I’ve seen some mods on here WAY worse than a wad of gum.

#69 3 years ago

Come on guys, you just don't understand the trauma of finding a wad of gum on the bottom of what you thought was an HUO game! The gum validates that it wasn't HUO like he thought. Damn It Man! "This game can't be HUO now, no HUO game has gum on the bottom. I have been ripped off!"

#70 3 years ago

He kept it as evidence, carefully preserved in his air conditioned basement jorro

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm already a loser cause I spent like 10 minutes typing that up.
I will say one thing - I actually do scan games for gum now so I guess that's a plus?

Adding this to my existing for sale ads.

#72 3 years ago

I am not passing judgement until Family Arcade tells his side of this utterly bulldust , blown out of proportion, snowflake, triggered wannabe, story

#73 3 years ago

The real question here is if the gum was in an imamaculate condition with about 600 chews on it or not?

#74 3 years ago

I would tell the buyer to move to Singapore if he doesnt like chewing gum.

#75 3 years ago

Entertaining rant as usual, Levi. But until Nelson (Ha! ha!) gives his side of the story I can’t vote in good conscience, particularly as the stated complaint is so juvenile it strains credulity.

However, assuming you allowed him ample time to play and inspect the machine before agreeing to terms he has a high bar to clear to make a convincing counter-argument.

Let’s hear it, Nelson!

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

I am not passing judgement until Family Arcade tells his side of this utterly bulldust , blown out of proportion, snowflake, triggered wannabe, story

Can someone translate this for me?

Im pretty sure neither Nelson nor myself speak Fox News.

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Can someone translate this for me?
Im pretty sure neither Nelson nor myself speak Fox News.

That's one flaw you have in common. I learned that while reading a particularly negative post that got shut down. It made me wish I hadn't read it because I like keeping you all as "pinball people" in my mind, not haters.

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

That's one flaw you have in common. I learned that while reading a particularly negative post that got shut down. It made me wish I hadn't read it because I like keeping you all as "pinball people" in my mind, not haters.

Yeah I mean I don’t even dislike the guy! We are both passionate about pinball, we seem to have generally the same politics and worldview, and we both seem to hate a lot of the same stuff and same people.

So how did we get here? How do we build a bridge toward a more peaceful, less gum-fueled fighting future? Do we need some kind of gum / beer summit?

#79 3 years ago

The only thing that disappoints me about Family Arcade is he doesn't use Jessica Simpson as his Avatar anymore

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The only thing that disappoints me about Family Arcade is he doesn't use Jessica Simpson as his Avatar anymore

Here ya go!!

E06D8F40-60BD-431B-9393-E207936336C7 (resized).jpegE06D8F40-60BD-431B-9393-E207936336C7 (resized).jpeg
#81 3 years ago

Gumgate 2014.

#82 3 years ago

Gumgate 2014 Nothing better to do/chew

#83 3 years ago

From this day forward, ads on Pinside will mention whether there's gum on the bottom of the pin or not.

#84 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

From this day forward, ads on Pinside will mention whether there's gum on the bottom of the pin or not.

And Double Bubble will demand a higher price.

#85 2 years ago

Apologies for my late arrival here! I was sorting through all my negative buy/sell reviews on Pinside and that took awhile. Of course I’m kidding! I don’t have any negative reviews.

In truth, I was playing my Wonka, and despite the sluggish, shallow flippers I was really lighting it up! Kicking total ass on Violet in Kid Multiball and smashing my PR in the “World Record Gum Chewing” mode. I played those modes an extra, extra, extra long time, feeling super studly, like that dude in between those hot blonde twins in the old Wrigley commercials! Yowza!

But here I am, and what do we have here? Quite a sticky situation by the looks of things. Which, thankfully, has been brought to the attention of the Pinside masses by venerable member Crazy Levi.

Crazy Levi (by the way, using your full name here just seems so darn formal, so I’m just gonna call you Crazy, OK)? Crazy, you’ve spoken your piece. Shot your wad as it were. Bringing a Bazooka to a war of words with an ordinary “Joe” like me. And you’ve really over-chewed it in my opinion, to the point where your argument has lost its flavor. Since you don’t want to spit it out I feel obliged to pop your bubble, being the blow hard that I am. Hopefully with a little more dextrose-ity. Oops. I mean dexterity.

Before I launch my retort. Id like to welcome our peanut gallery here to partake in a little audience participation. Humor me here, because this is life or death. Stop what you’re doing right now and go look underneath all your pinball machines, and check if there’s any petrified gum under any of the cabinets. No? Hmm. Ok. How many of you have ever found a piece of gum under your games, in this new, golden age of pinball where people don’t even play their games yet wax them weekly with cloth diapers? None? What about a game you’ve purchased from a fellow, trusted Pinsider? Now, of course I’m talking modern times, not some rando route game you bought back in 1992 or recently found in a barn.

Gum. That’s what this is all about. Used gum. A big fat wad of it, stuck underneath the cabinet of a pinball machine. As Crazy reports, I had minor buyers remorse on a game purchased from Levi, because I felt he’d been a wee bit disingenuous about the game’s description before I showed up to buy it. The piece de resistance (grape flavored!), after all the other disappointments, was finding a used piece of gum under the cabinet, just placing an indelible exclamation point on the entire experience.

Yes, Levi and I settled our differences thereafter. Privately. As it should be. That’s what we “ballers” in the pinball hobby do. Besides, we’re fellow NY’ers, middle aged, and at least one of us is a very attractive man.

And yeah, to this day I haven’t let the gum thing go. And why should I? The gum thing is just a special, unique and totally singular experience for me in over ten years of successfully buying and selling pinball machines (Ive only had one subpar experience, take a wild guess). Therefore, I’ve always thought it was perfect fodder for needling old Crazy (flipper fingers) on occasion. Regardless of the situation, but certainly when he might need to be taken down a peg. God knows he could use a little needling every so often, as could we all.

It amuses me. I think it’s funny. Really funny actually. Crazy doesn’t. Once or twice a year i sneak a gum reference into a Pinside post. And he always bitches about it. On two occasions (this and one other a couple, years back) he’s gone nuclear and into generalized, borderline character assassination mode. I dunno. Maybe it’s time to retire the Schtick? It obviously hits a nerve. A better man with impeccable character would have stopped this nonsense long ago (am I talking about myself or crazy? doesn’t matter). Maybe it’s time. Hurt feelings and all.

But let me make one thing perfectly clear. I never did and do not publicly complain about the long ago transaction in question, and I’ve never been the one to introduce the topic to Pinside in any way - unless Crazy does it first. Methinks he protesteth too much!

So, bad gum jokes? Guilty as charged! But stop saying I’m always complaining about the transaction. It’s just not true dad gummit.

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Apologies for my late arrival here! I was sorting through all my negative buy/sell reviews on Pinside and that took awhile. Of course I’m kidding! I don’t have any negative reviews.
In truth, I was playing my Wonka, and despite the sluggish, shallow flippers I was really lighting it up! Kicking total ass on Violet in Kid Multiball and smashing my PR in the “World Record Gum Chewing” mode. I played those modes an extra, extra, extra long time, feeling super studly, like that dude in between those hot blonde twins in the old Wrigley commercials! Yowza!
But here I am, and what do we have here? Quite a sticky situation by the looks of things. Which, thankfully, has been brought to the attention of the Pinside masses by venerable member Crazy Levi.
Crazy Levi (by the way, using your full name here just seems so darn formal, so I’m just gonna call you Crazy, OK)? Crazy, you’ve spoken your piece. Shot your wad as it were. Bringing a Bazooka to a war of words with an ordinary “Joe” like me. And you’ve really over-chewed it in my opinion, to the point where your argument has lost its flavor. Since you don’t want to spit it out I feel obliged to pop your bubble, being the blow hard that I am. Hopefully with a little more dextrose-ity. Oops. I mean dexterity.
Before I launch my retort. Id like to welcome our peanut gallery here to partake in a little audience participation. Humor me here, because this is life or death. Stop what you’re doing right now and go look underneath all your pinball machines, and check if there’s any petrified gum under any of the cabinets. No? Hmm. Ok. How many of you have ever found a piece of gum under your games, in this new, golden age of pinball where people don’t even play their games yet wax them weekly with cloth diapers? None? What about a game you’ve purchased from a fellow, trusted Pinsider? Now, of course I’m talking modern times, not some rando route game you bought back in 1992 or recently found in a barn.
Gum. That’s what this is all about. Used gum. A big fat wad of it, stuck underneath the cabinet of a pinball machine. As Crazy reports, I had minor buyers remorse on a game purchased from Levi, because I felt he’d been a wee bit disingenuous about the game’s description before I showed up to buy it. The piece de resistance (grape flavored!), after all the other disappointments, was finding a used piece of gum under the cabinet, just placing an indelible exclamation point on the entire experience.
Yes, Levi and I settled our differences thereafter. Privately. As it should be. That’s what we “ballers” in the pinball hobby do. Besides, we’re fellow NY’ers, middle aged, and at least one of us is a very attractive man.
And yeah, to this day I haven’t let the gum thing go. And why should I? The gum thing is just a special, unique and totally singular experience for me in over ten years of successfully buying and selling pinball machines (Ive only had one subpar experience, take a wild guess). Therefore, I’ve always thought it was perfect fodder for needling old Crazy (flipper fingers) on occasion. Regardless of the situation, but certainly when he might need to be taken down a peg. God knows he could use a little needling every so often, as could we all.
It amuses me. I think it’s funny. Really funny actually. Crazy doesn’t. Once or twice a year i sneak a gum reference into a Pinside post. And he always bitches about it. On two occasions (this and one other a couple, years back) he’s gone nuclear and into generalized, borderline character assassination mode. I dunno. Maybe it’s time to retire the Schtick? It obviously hits a nerve. A better man with impeccable character would have stopped this nonsense long ago (am I talking about myself or crazy? doesn’t matter). Maybe it’s time. Hurt feelings and all.
But let me make one thing perfectly clear. I never did and do not publicly complain about the long ago transaction in question, and I’ve never been the one to introduce the topic to Pinside in any way - unless Crazy does it first. Methinks he protesteth too much!
So, bad gum jokes? Guilty as charged! But stop saying I’m always complaining about the transaction. It’s just not true dad gummit.

Awesome reply. You have to keep this up, never let it go. May gumgate follow Levi forever

#87 2 years ago

I'm going to take a King Solomon approach and say "cut the game down the middle".

#88 2 years ago
gum (resized).jpggum (resized).jpg
#89 2 years ago

But let me make one thing perfectly clear.

“...Levi is not a crook.”

#90 2 years ago

Freeze the gum with some Freeze-it spray. If you don't have any some compressed air will work if you hold the can upside down. Once the gum is frozen knock it off with a putty knife. Either party could have done this at any point in time. It seems this simple procedure could have saved much aggravation. I think both parties having had their say should just put this baby to bed and move on as gentlemen.

#91 2 years ago

How many of you have ever found a piece of gum under your game

I think I've had at least 5 games with gum under them.

Freeze and scrape and it's gone. Not a big deal.

#92 2 years ago

A big fat wad of it, stuck underneath the cabinet of a pinball machine.

Well it wasn't on a bedpost. Did it lose it's flavor ?

#93 2 years ago

That was JPOPS patented cabinet accessory prototype.

#94 2 years ago

Are we realy sure its gum, amd not woodfiller?

Pics needed!

#95 2 years ago
Quoted from Karetaker:Freeze the gum with some Freeze-it spray. If you don't have any some compressed air will work if you hold the can upside down. Once the gum is frozen knock it off with a putty knife. Either party could have done this at any point in time. It seems this simple procedure could have saved much aggravation. I think both parties having had their say should just put this baby to bed and move on as gentlemen.

I concur.

Family Arcade, I consider this water under the bridge at this point, or gum under the cab as it were.

I will consider future gum jokes as gentle ribbing and not as lashing of rage.

If there’s one thing this pandemic has shown us all, it’s that we only get so many chews at the wad. Why blow it on bubbles of anger?

#96 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I concur.
Family Arcade, I consider this water under the bridge at this point, or gum under the cab as it were.
I will consider future gum jokes as gentle ribbing and not as lashing of rage.
If there’s one thing this pandemic has shown us all, it’s that we only get so many chews at the wad. Why blow it on bubbles of anger?

The feeling is mutual. After all, why waste energy messing with each other when we could be focusing all our hate and wit onto DeepRoot?

#97 2 years ago

Old gum on a pinball machine is perfectly fine.
It’s the gum you find in urinals that doesn’t quite taste right.

#98 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

It’s the gum you find in urinals that doesn’t quite taste right.

Or the big mint.

#99 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Or the big mint.

That's not a bar of soap??

#100 2 years ago

"A zebra does not change its spots."
-- Al Gore

(no, seriously he said SPOTS)

fruit-stripe-gum_3_1024x1024 (resized).jpgfruit-stripe-gum_3_1024x1024 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

8,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-family-arcade-and-i-settle-a-petty-and-ancient-dispute-/page/2?hl=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.