Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by robin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I have a post that's just over a month old and I need to edit the title. I was able to do so a few days ago but not now. I need to change it from *help still needed* to *resolved (itself)*. Anyone know why the edit button is gone now when it was there a few days ago?

#2 10 years ago

Looks like they are reworking something in the system, I also can not do this on my started thread.

#4 10 years ago

Thx! And my edit button reappeared.

1 month later
    #5 10 years ago

Can't edit my OP post either on a few threads.
    here's one:
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-club
    =(
    -mof

1 week later
    #7 10 years ago

Yes there was a small bug regarding this. I fixed it yesterday, everyone should now always be able to open their Opening Post, regardless of its age.

Note that other posts have an edit lock of x days, limit depending on amount of months you are a Pinsider...

#8 10 years ago

Can someone please help me by restoring my edit rights to the following OP?

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-topper-group-buy

EDIT: NEVERMIND ITS FIXED.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Yes there was a small bug regarding this. I fixed it yesterday, everyone should now always be able to open their Opening Post, regardless of its age.
    Note that other posts have an edit lock of x days, limit depending on amount of months you are a Pinsider...

edit lockout???

But I use first posts as summaries in about 20 heavy-traffic threads. I intend to re-edit them forever. Can you say more about this and how it works, and the intention behind it?
    =(
    -mof

#10 10 years ago

I believe the intent is to keep people from deleting all their posts if they get mad.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

But I use first posts as summaries in about 20 heavy-traffic threads. I intend to re-edit them forever.

Your topic starting posts (the first post in a topic started by you) are always editable, regardless of their age. There was a bug which stopped people from being able to do so and this bug was fixed!

Quoted from absocountry2:

I believe the intent is to keep people from deleting all their posts if they get mad.

Yes that's one of the reasons for an edit lock timeout.

#12 10 years ago

Have the same issue, i cant edit the title to the thread

3 years later
    #13 7 years ago

Here is an idea... how about a freaking "edit topic" button on the damn topic. I can not figure out how either.

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from wantdataeast:

Here is an idea... how about a freaking "edit topic" button on the damn topic. I can not figure out how either.

That's not a bad idea

For now, simply edit the first post of your topic to alter the title.

#15 7 years ago

Bump for moderator help.
    Agreed, wanted to change the title of my thread but couldn't.
    Closed thread because I couldn't.

#16 7 years ago

Robin, your fast on right on the ball thing!

#17 7 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-hit-gottlieb-1977-em-no-fuses-need-help#post-3508225
    Here's another one I can't change title on.
    Way past the fuse help, trying to fix a few bugs and not an EM guy, but learning. It's why I love pinside.

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

For now, simply edit the first post of your topic to alter the title.

Robin- Got it! Never mind but thank you.
    Found what you meant. Maybe it's my big fingers and the little edit tab. I see what you mean by edit in first post now.

#19 7 years ago

Completely off of old topic....
    Noticed phone app upper window by my name changed today. Normally I see my mail emblem bouncing. Couldn't see it today, then I found new change tab to expand column. Then I saw I had mail.
    Is there anyway to have that show if you do have a mail with out expanding it?

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Completely off of old topic....
    Noticed phone app upper window by my name changed today. Normally I see my mail emblem bouncing. Couldn't see it today, then I found new change tab to expand column. Then I saw I had mail.
    Is there anyway to have that show if you do have a mail with out expanding it?

Yes, there were some changes to the header design to make more space on mobile devices and to unclutter the page. The blue user bar at the top automatically goes into "compact" mode.

I really like your idea of showing the mail notification icon in this state, I will make it so that it displays in "compact" mode too, as long as it's "bouncey".

Maybe it's my big fingers and the little edit tab. I see what you mean by edit in first post now.

Excellent. Well, I'm still planning to add an edit link because I do get the question (how to edit topic titles) more often. Thanks for bringing it up.

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

I really like your idea of showing the mail notification icon in this state, I will make it so that it displays in "compact" mode too, as long as it's "bouncey".

Robin, you rock. Already saw your change because I had a bouncy this morning!
    Thanks for using my idea.

#22 7 years ago

Robin, you rock. Already saw your change because I had a bouncy this morning!
    Thanks for using my idea.

Thanks for the feedback and idea/suggestion to improve!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-edit-post-title and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.