• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by pb456
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hi All,
I have a Gottlieb Count-Down that was purchased for fathers day last year by my wife and until this week everything was working excellent. On Friday when I turned the system on, I noticed that my yellow targets would not reset. So a quick look under the hood and I found that the 2AMP Slow-Blow fuse to the reset coil had blown. I happen to have a bag of these so i replaced it and the game worked like new again Until.... The next day turned it on and noticed that the red target 5000 point light was constantly on and the yellow target would not go down any longer. checked all fuses again but did not notice any that were blown. Checked them again with a meter to make sure and they were all good.
Im not an expert at fixing these so I figure I reach out and see if someone had any ideas where to go next. I also looked around my area for a pinball repair service and there are none close to me so I figure I would have to go at this on my own.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2 weeks later
#2 3 years ago

Look for busted wires going to those solenoids, and see if the solenoid moves freely. Test the solenoid with a voltmeter in Ohms rating, should be about 5 ohms if I'm guessing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-count-down-not-feeling-well and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.