(Topic ID: 30815)

Help Converting 2 Prong Power Cord to 3 Prong Cord (No Colors on 2 Wires)

By charles4400

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Pin-it
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cord2.jpg
    cord.jpg
    Img_3262222.jpg
    IMG_3262.JPG
    Img_3267.jpg
    Img_3268.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider canea.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 11 years ago

Thanks for the info. I'm currently wanting to replace the power cord on my machine since someone broke the grounding pin off the plug and like op the siderails deliver a small shock if you're not wearing shoes.

I went to Home Depot and bought a appliance/tool replacement cord (not an extension cord - one end of this already has the black/white/green wires exposed.) The purchased cord says that it is rated at 15 amps/125 V. The info on the inside of the pin says 8 amps/115 V.

Can I use this cord with the pin or do I need a different one? My knowledge of electricity is a bit lacking in this area!

#23 11 years ago

I got the new cord on and it works fine now. No more shockies.

The cord I bought did work well, but it was a little fatter than the previous one so it was very difficult to get back into the plastic retention clip thingie. Many bloody knuckles and curses later, I did manage to get it in there. Hope no one ever has to take it out again!

Couple pics of the cord I used.

cord.jpgcord.jpg cord2.jpgcord2.jpg

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

Glad you got it Canea!

Yep - thanks for the help!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider canea.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-converting-2-prong-power-cord-to-3-prong-cord-no-colors-on-2-wires?tu=canea and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.