Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Brian7588
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I have browsed this forum for a while and have read some threads from you guys.

Now it has come time to finally have my wish fulfilled for My Beloved. I have a Theater of Magic which I would like shined up and restored to her former glory. New glass, legs, rubbers, 1 or 2 plastics, trunk mechanism isnt responding properly, etc.

Any reputable restoration companies you guys have used around the East Coast that I can talk to? I don't mind shipping it.

Also wondering about changing the bulbs to LEDs? And playfield coating recommendation?

I plan on owning and playing this myself for years to come. This will be moved from the garage to be a living room piece in our new home if I can get it restored completely and all shined up.

Recommendations and suggestions from everyone are appreciated.

Thank you.

#2 10 years ago

http://highendpins.com/ Chris is the best.

LTG : )

#3 10 years ago

If u don't want to wait treasure cove is also a good candidate

#4 10 years ago

Thanks so much, those restorations on his site look great. Any thoughts about replacing the bulbs with LEDs?

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Brian7588:

Thanks so much, those restorations on his site look great. Any thoughts about replacing the bulbs with LEDs?

Your game. Do what you like.

If you leave the bulbs, I would think about really bright green LEDs for the smiling frowning faces bulbs with green condoms up by the lanes on top so you see them better.

#6 10 years ago

If you have the time and the money send it to Chris. You will have a show piece. If you go LED add the LED OCD board. The inserts really pop with LED's but they do strobe so the board is a must. Tell Chris what you want and work with him. Think the game looks great in brass.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

http://highendpins.com/ Chris is the best.

Not only that but you could sell a well-kept Chris Hutchins-restored pin without any depreciation, and possibly with a nice profit, many years from now.

Chris is also an upright guy to deal with (no slight or offense implied to many other fine restorers).

1 year later
#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Brian7588:

I have browsed this forum for a while and have read some threads from you guys.
Now it has come time to finally have my wish fulfilled for My Beloved. I have a Theater of Magic which I would like shined up and restored to her former glory. New glass, legs, rubbers, 1 or 2 plastics, trunk mechanism isnt responding properly, etc.
Any reputable restoration companies you guys have used around the East Coast that I can talk to? I don't mind shipping it.
Also wondering about changing the bulbs to LEDs? And playfield coating recommendation?
I plan on owning and playing this myself for years to come. This will be moved from the garage to be a living room piece in our new home if I can get it restored completely and all shined up.
Recommendations and suggestions from everyone are appreciated.
Thank you.

See my profile pics for the new TOM... now located in the living room.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-choosing-a-restoration-company and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.